Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Salma Hayek slams claims she married François-Henri Pinault for money

fgg

Default Salma Hayek slams claims she married François-Henri Pinault for money

Salma Hayek says she married for love, not money, despite what her critics may believe.

While talking about husband François-Henri Pinault, 54-year-old Hayek said people have been suspicious of her motives ever since she wed the French billionaire more than 10 years ago.

“And, you know, when I married him, everybody said, ‘Oh, it’s arranged marriage, she married him for the money.’ I’m like, ‘Yeah, whatever, bitch. Think what you want.’ Fifteen years together, and we are strong in love,” she told Dax Shepard on his podcast, “Armchair Expert.” “And I don’t even get offended, I’m like, ‘Yeah, whatever.'”

Hayek described the 58-year-old CEO of the luxury fashion group Kering and president of the holding company Groupe Artémis as a person full of “magic” and blasted stereotypes that wealthy men are bad people.

“Immediately you think because somebody’s rich, [they] might not be a good person, might be somebody materialistic, might be somebody that doesn’t have values …,” she explained. “… There is all this preconceptions and I heard them, by the way.”

The “Like a Boss” star said her husband, with whom she shares 13-year-old daughter Valentina, always made sure to finish work and then returns home “happy to see me and the kids, make us laugh.” When they’re on vacation, he makes sure to turn his phone off and live “in the moment.”

“It’s not just an insult to me. I’m not the one being judged only,” she explained. “They cannot begin to imagine what a joy that human being is.”

The actress and her husband got married on Valentine’s Day in 2009 in Paris. Pinault surprised her with a vow renewal ceremony in 2018 in Bora Bora.

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/17/salma...and-for-money/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Is this the guy who had a child with Linda Evangelista?
    czb likes this.

fgg

François-Henri Pinault
    CEO of Kering. François-Henri Pinault is a French businessman, the chairman and CEO of Kering since 2005, and president of Groupe Artémis since 2003. Under his leadership, the retail conglomerate PPR was transformed into the luxury fashion group Kering. Pinault is the son of François Pinault.
    Born: May 28, 1962 (age 58 years), Rennes, France
    Net worth: US$44.1 billion; (October 2020)
    Children: Valentina Paloma Pinault, Augustin James Evangelista, Mathilde Pinault, François Pinault
    Spouse: Salma Hayek (m. 2009), Dorothée Lepère (m. 1996–2004)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C...-Henri_Pinault

fgg

Child support case

In October 2006, Evangelista gave birth to a son, Augustin James, refusing to name his father, sparking rumours. While pregnant, she appeared on the August 2006 cover of Vogue. In late June 2011, Evangelista filed court papers that revealed her son was fathered by billionaire Frenchman François-Henri Pinault, whom Evangelista had dated for four months in late 2005 and early 2006. Pinault later married actress Salma Hayek. After several court appearances aimed at establishing a child-support agreement, on August 1, 2011, Evangelista formally filed for a child support order in Manhattan Family Court, seeking $46,000 in monthly child support from Pinault. It was reported that if granted, this amount "would probably be the largest support order in the history of the family court". A heavily publicized child support trial began on May 3, 2012, and included testimony from both Pinault and Evangelista, with Evangelista's attorney claiming that Pinault had never supported the child. Several days into the trial, on May 7, 2012, Evangelista and Pinault reached an out-of-court settlement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Evangelista

I don't think that she married him for money. She had money herself.
    But - she would not even had looked in his general direction if he weren't filthy rich and powerful.
    He ain't pretty.

The “Like a Boss” star said her husband, with whom she shares 13-year-old daughter Valentina, always made sure to finish work and then returns home “happy to see me and the kids, make us laugh.”
    Children: Valentina Paloma Pinault, Augustin James Evangelista, Mathilde Pinault, François Pinault
    Spouse: Salma Hayek (m. 2009), Dorothée Lepère (m. 1996–2004)
    That seems like a lot of wives and kids to come home happy to see and make laugh. It would hardly leave time to be a billionaire, I would think.

Sure she had her own money, and grew up wealthy, but that's still not billionaire money.

But he married her for her looks/boobs, so what--rich men with faces like thumbs marry beautiful women.

But sure, Salma, whatever you want to say. We'll roll our eyes, you roll yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    I don't think that she married him for money. She had money herself.
    But - she would not even had looked in his general direction if he weren't filthy rich and powerful.
    He ain't pretty.
    Her money is her money, his money is THEIRS...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

He actually married her for her fame and celebritydom. I remember reading somewhere he's the type of guy who likes fraternising with celebrities. Which explains his dating history.
    DawnM74 likes this.

They've been together a long time in celebrity years. Whatever they're doing is working for them so they get a pass from me.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I had no idea that he's only 4 years older than she is.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    I had no idea that he's only 4 years older than she is.
    Yeah, I thought that it was at least a decade myself, ManxMouse.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Same here (age difference surprise). I don't think this guy is hideous. I think Salma is ageless and kind of a genetic freak, which highlights the difference. She was also with Edward Norton for a while, so it's not like she has a history of devoting herself to Brutus Beefcakes in the first place.

i always got very genuine vibes from her and pinault. sure, his money is probably a part of his appeal, just like her hotness and celebrity are probably a part of her appeal, but they seem very well suited to each other. he also comes off as pretty charming and confident which can be way sexier than looks in a man.

don't know how many of you are french speakers but i'd hit it

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i always got very genuine vibes from her and pinault. sure, his money is probably a part of his appeal, just like her hotness and celebrity are probably a part of her appeal, but they seem very well suited to each other. he also comes off as pretty charming and confident which can be way sexier than looks in a man.

don't know how many of you are french speakers but i'd hit it

As would I... doesn't even matter what he's saying, it just sounds so lovely, doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information