• 9 Post By louiswinthorpe111
  • 1 Post By Annika
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By BITTER

Thread: Actor Adam Driver Accused Of Physical Assault By Veteran Actress

fgg

Default Actor Adam Driver Accused Of Physical Assault By Veteran Actress

Portuguese Actress Lidia Franco Claims She Has 'A Very Bad Experience' Filming 2018'S Movie 'The Man Who Killed Don Quixote' With The 'Star Wars' Actor Because Of His Alleged Violent Behavior.

AceShowbiz - Adam Driver may be a great actor, but he's a terrible person, according to Portuguese actress Lidia Franco. The acting veteran has exposed the actor's alleged violent behavior on the set of their 2018 film "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote".

In a podcast interview with Radio Comercial's "Era o que Faltava", Lidia claimed that she was physically assaulted by Adam while they were shooting the movie. "I keep from this movie a very bad experience because of Adam Driver," she said on the podcast, per Publico.

"He might be great as an actor, but he is a terrible person and does not deserve for us to be here now talking about him," the 76-year-old said of the two time Oscar-nominated actor. "He behaved very badly with me. Physically. He attacked me."

Lidia said his assault on her "had nothing to do with the scene," noting, "It's very serious." She said the members of the production crew could not do anything. "Their hands were tied," she stressed, adding, "It was an attack camouflaged with a chair."

Lidia didn't offer more details of his alleged attack on her, but she went on recounting that the production staff allowed her to exit the set, though they could not do anything further. "I was given permission to leave, but legally there was nothing they could do," she stated.

Lidia said she already had a bad impression of Adam ahead of filming, claiming that he was difficult and demanding. "One of the things he started doing in Spain was to demand that, in rehearsals, all the technicians leave the plateau. He demanded that and continued to do it in Portugal, but some Portuguese technicians refused," she shared.

She continued, "From the back, I saw at least one leaving the studio. He demanded, I think by contract, that nobody could look at him. If they looked, the extras were immediately fired. And it happened."

Adam has not responded to Lidia's claims. He was previously accused of acting like a diva after walking out of an interview on NPR's "Fresh Air" with Terry Gross after a clip of his film "Marriage Story" was played, but no aggression was reported in this instance. The Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in the "Star Wars" sequel trilogy later explained that he had informed the producers that he does not like to hear or see his own work.

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00166011.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

It was an attack camouflaged with a chair."
    She's being awfully vague in her description of a the physical assault. Not saying that anything is untrue, but we're missing some key details here.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

fgg

^maybe it was lost in translation?

laineygossip has a link to the actual interview in her article:

https://www.laineygossip.com/adam-dr...cked-her/67976
    sputnik likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

i don't think he beat the sh*t out of her or anything, but i have a feeling they didn't like each other from the beginning, she describes him as a brat! he could have come up and knocked over her chair as she was sitting down, i don't know, something with a chair. i can see it! and the article fgg posted makes a lot of sense about who is more 'worthy' to be believed financially.

Driver hit on my friend in a bar in NYC a couple of years ago - while he was married. He pulled the 'don't you know who I am?' card when she turned him down.
    Kittylady and DawnM74 like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

This story sounds really out of left field. Obviously, the language is an issue. From her account, it sounds like he disliked her, even though she seems to have had a very minor role if you read the cast list. I don't think her character even had a name, but somehow they shot enough of a scene together that things went wrong. And then he acted out by lifting up a chair or positioning it in such a way that he could smack her or something without someone seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Driver hit on my friend in a bar in NYC a couple of years ago - while he was married. He pulled the 'don't you know who I am?' card when she turned him down.
    I hate hearing these kinds of stories (and the assault story of course) when it's someone I like(d). Here I thought he was a nice happily married Midwestern guy. I guess I should just give up and assume they're all assholes.
    levitt, weathered1, palta and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Truthfully, I think the dude is fugly and there's no appeal to me.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This story sounds really out of left field. Obviously, the language is an issue. From her account, it sounds like he disliked her, even though she seems to have had a very minor role if you read the cast list. I don't think her character even had a name, but somehow they shot enough of a scene together that things went wrong. And then he acted out by lifting up a chair or positioning it in such a way that he could smack her or something without someone seeing?
    okay now i reeeeeallly neeeeeed to find out what happened with the chair!

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Truthfully, I think the dude is fugly and there's no appeal to me.
    i know!!! i first saw him in girls and i was like yeah, lena dunham wants 'reality' but did she have to pick such a gross booger boyfriend!!
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i know!!! i first saw him in girls and i was like yeah, lena dunham wants 'reality' but did she have to pick such a gross booger boyfriend!!
    Well, did you see how everyone reacted when Patrick Wilson was cast as her bf?
    Annika likes this.

so apparently there was no assault, lidia franco has admitted as much herself and blamed the rumour on bad translations and the fact that she was 'venting' in the original interview to portuguese media.
    so he's an asshole just not a violent one, apparently.

https://jezebel.com/ignore-the-rumor...tin-1846204721

DIRT BAG
    Ignore the Rumor About Adam Driver Supposedly Assaulting a Woman With a Folding Chair, It Was a Mistranslation

Megan Reynolds

Today 10:12AM

Image: Charley Gallay (Getty Images)
    Big tall hunk man Adam Driver is in the news again (if we count Just Jared as “the news”) because of something about a woman named Lidia Franco who said he either did or did not assault her with a folding chair?

Here’s what I think happened: Driver and Franco appeared together in Terry Gilliam’s 2018 film The Man Who Killed Don Quixote and, from what I have read (not much!) did not get along very well on set. Franco gave an interview to a Portuguese magazine about her experience working with Driver. Poorly-translated quotes from Franco circulated on Twitter (please, why), and those quotes made it sound like Franco was accusing Driver of assaulting her with a folding chair. Franco also apparently said that Adam wouldn’t let any of the production crew look him in the eyes on set, which the production team has denied, but I am willing to believe a little more than the other thing, if only because Adam Driver is talented, but seems like the kind of person who would do this shtick and call it “art.”

Anyway! It appears that Adam Driver didn’t actually assault Franco with a folding chair and that whoever on Twitter was getting their panties in a twist about this should respectfully stand down. Though Driver has yet to say a goddamn word (hello, sir?) about any of this, Franco gave another interview to a magazine clarifying what she meant:
    Our characters, in the movie The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, had to be physically close. I considered the actor’s behavior to be rude because, in the preparation of a scene, he didn’t take the care I believe he should have taken. Our characters had to be physically close and, every time he stood up with the force of the character to do the rest of the scene, the chair in which he was sitting would bump into me with some force, which bothered me.”
    Lidia said that Adam repeated the same behavior, despite her being uncomfortable. She admits that in the original interview that went viral, she was “venting,” but “with no intention to bring any harm.”
    “It wasn’t assault, nor did I ever feel or report that it was the intention of the actor. I am sorry for the misunderstanding,” she said.

AsLaineyGossip alreadysummarized nicely, it sounds like Adam Driver is kind of an asshole and that while this whole situation was just a case of mistranslation and misunderstanding, there’s still room for Adam Driver to be kind of anasshole.[Just Jared]

Sarzy likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Well, did you see how everyone reacted when Patrick Wilson was cast as her bf?
    no! what did they say? did they say she was 'too ugly' for him?

^ Exactly that. Even though I think the ridiculous writing for that episode didn't help though.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

His face should be illegal.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Thread Information