Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Dustin Diamond (Screech Saved by the Bell) Dead at 44

Elite Member

Default Dustin Diamond (Screech Saved by the Bell) Dead at 44

Poor guy was just recently diagnosed.

DUSTIN DIAMONDDEAD AT 44From Stage 4 Lung Cancer

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/01/dustin-diamond-saved-by-the-bell-star-dead-44-stage-4-cancer-screech/
    Dustin Diamond -- best known for playing the lovable Samuel "Screech" Powers on the hit NBC sitcom, "Saved by the Bell" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.
    A rep for Dustin tells us he died Monday morning. His condition had greatly declined since last week, and he was taken off of breathing machines in an attempt to get him to hospice care. His GF was by his side when he passed away.

Dustin's death comes just a couple weeks after completing his first round of chemo after he was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell carcinoma ... which is commonly referred to as lung cancer. We were told the cancer started somewhere in Dustin's body and metastasized in his lungs.
    He was initially hospitalized in Florida in January after feeling pain all over his body and a general sense of unease. Unfortunately for the kid star ... it turned out to be cancer.
    Dustin, of course, is famous for playing Screech on four seasons of "Saved by the Bell" as Zack Morris' (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) nerdy sidekick who struggled to get any of Lisa Turtle's (Lark Voorhies) love and affection.
    After the kids graduated from Bayside HS ... the show got a short-lived spinoff with "Saved by the Bell: The College Years." There was also "Saved by the Bell: The New Class" ... in which Dustin appeared as Screech from season 2 to 7 as Mr. Belding's assistant.

Play video content2/24/20

THE LAST TIME HE SPOKE WITH US
    TMZ.com
    Dustin wasn't recast for the reboot of the show on Peacock. Back in January 2020, we talked to him about why he wasn't signed on for the new project. The short answer ... he didn't know why but argued for Screech's reprisal.
    Dustin would appear in tons of other roles ... including as the groom in 98 Degrees' music video for their 1999 hit track, "I Do (Cherish You)." He also appeared in 2 episodes of "The Wonder Years." He became infamous for directing his own sex tape in 2006 but later admitted to Oprah Winfrey it wasn't him ... but a stunt double.
    He also appeared in tons of reality shows ... including "Celebrity Boxing 2" and "Celebrity Fit Club" where he didn't make too many friends after becoming confrontational with numerous cast members.
    There were other stunts too that pivoted his career from a beloved child actor to a controversial celebrity. Like when Dustin was supposed to fight the so-called angry bagel guy, Chris Morgan, before CM pulled out of the fight.
    But, through it all ... Dustin got tons of love from fans and friends alike, including Insurance King president and CEO Dan Block, who wrapped NASCAR driver Josh Bilicki's car in Dustin's honor.
    Dustin was 44.
    RIP

MORE FROM TMZ https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/01/dusti...ancer-screech/

Wow. That was fast. My dad had liver, lung and bone cancer and was given 6 months to live and lasted 4 years.

Too bad for him. He had a very conflicted life.
    Lalasnake and holly like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

That did seem fast. Cancer is such an ass.
    I loved Saved By The Bell when I was a kid.
    fgg and crayzeehappee like this.

This is crazy -- he went into the hospital last MONTH not feeling well??? Or was it January 2020?

Does anybody besides me remember the crazy boxing match between Screech and Horshak back in 2007? If not, here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This is crazy -- he went into the hospital last MONTH not feeling well??? Or was it January 2020?

Does anybody besides me remember the crazy boxing match between Screech and Horshak back in 2007? If not, here you go:

January this year!

If you're not diagnosed with lung cancer until Stage 4, you can go very fast. My mom was gone in less than 3 months.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Very sad. R.I.P

We are advised at a certain age to test for cancer (mammogram, colon, prostrate), but I think that this should be done before the required age. Other body organs should be included in routine cancer checks. Lungs, throat, skin, and so on. The sad part about this, is that I can imagine how costly it could be. Imagine just not feeling well, then finding out it’s stage 4 cancer. This is really sad.
    holly likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    We are advised at a certain age to test for cancer (mammogram, colon, prostrate), but I think that this should be done before the required age. Other body organs should be included in routine cancer checks. Lungs, throat, skin, and so on. The sad part about this, is that I can imagine how costly it could be. Imagine just not feeling well, then finding out it’s stage 4 cancer. This is really sad.
    i would love to get some kind of dye that shows cancer full body scan every month but i'd probably get cancer from the scan!
    fgg, palta and crayzeehappee like this.

Or kidney failure from the dye.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Or kidney failure from the dye.
    good point!

i dunno about this poor guy. i always wonder what would be better, to know you have 6 months left to live or having a heart attack or stroke and dying in minutes. it's kinda like poor dustin got ripped off both ways, knew his death ahead of time to prepare, but only had enough time to get over the shock and accept it, savoring what time you have left. this happened to my great uncle, found out he had leukemia of some kind on friday, dead by monday. by the time he decided he should get checked out, he was near death's door.

fgg

i read yesterday that he had a huge tumor/growth on his neck but was too worried about people posting pictures of it to go to the doctor.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

My best friend since college found out in May 2017 that she had lung cancer. Despite being treated by a top oncology unit in Houston, she was gone by August. She was 58. Sometimes it's a horrible world.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i would love to get some kind of dye that shows cancer full body scan every month but i'd probably get cancer from the scan!
    That makes me think about when I had an MRI with contrast (dye). It was done both with, and without. There were caution papers that I had to read and sign before getting it done. I don’t remember what they said, though. I got it done because of nerve damage, and two herniated discs.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i read yesterday that he had a huge tumor/growth on his neck but was too worried about people posting pictures of it to go to the doctor.
    I once met a bartender in College Park (MD) who had an ENORMOUS tumor on his neck. The guy was a behemoth himself, and this tumor looked like a small human head. Later on, I told a friend about it, and he said he knew the bartender really well. I asked, "Did he tell you what's going on with his neck?" And my friend replied, "He doesn't know. He's afraid to go to a doctor and ask."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information