Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Actor Ioan Gruffudd’s wife, Alice Evans, tweets actor is ‘leaving his family’

fgg

Default Actor Ioan Gruffudd’s wife, Alice Evans, tweets actor is ‘leaving his family’

Ioan Gruffudd’s wife, Alice Evans, has announced the actor is “leaving his family” after 13 years of marriage.

The 49-year-old actress took to Twitter on Monday to claim that Gruffudd, 47, is leaving because he “doesn’t love” her anymore.

“Sad news. My believed husband/soulmate of 20 years, Ioan Gruffudd, has announced he is to leave his family, starting next week,” she revealed in a since-deleted tweet. “Me and our young daughters girls are very confused and sad. We haven’t been given a reason except that he ‘no longer loves me.'”

Evans wed the actor, known best for his role in “Titanic,” in 2007. They share two daughters, Ella, 11, and Elsie, 7.

After the breakup announcement was removed from her Twitter timeline, Evans alleged in a separate tweet — which has also been deleted — that Gruffudd was the one who took it down.

“I didn’t delete the tweet from a few hours ago about him leaving,” she wrote on Tuesday. “He did. From my account.”

“The Mentalist” actress added, “And hell yes when I am being gaslit and mentally tortured then hell yes I will wash my linen in public.”

A rep for Gruffudd did not immediately return our request for comment. His Twitter account is set on private.

When a Twitter user told Evans that her posts were “weird,” another person chimed in, “I did the same when this happened to me. I think it’s how one acknowledges there’s no returning to what existed before. Accepting it by stating it publicly helps you to recognize the impossibility if reconciliation.”

Evans agreed, writing, “This is exactly why. And thank you. Six months of harrassment: yes/no/maybe. I cannot live anymore like this.”

She then shared in a separate tweet, “I have lost my mind.”

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/26/ioan-...ng-his-family/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm sorry, the thing that's sticking out to me the most is the claim Ioan Gruffudd is best known for Titanic... he's in it for about 2 minutes! He's not Billy bloody Zane

And now I've got 'COME ABOUTTTTTTT' in my head
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I've no idea who either of these two are. But hey if she's really being gaslit and this makes her feel better, then good for her.

Now let her PR person and divorce lawyers handle it.

It sounds freaking horrible. Jesus.

This is the first Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four series with Chris Evans and Jessica Alba. I think that is what he would be most known for here in USA. Levitt's remark is so hilarious and on point - he's like in 30 seconds of "Titanic".

He's been in some other stuff. He seems really likeable. But apparently, the character he most matches is the unreliable boyfriend of The Rock's ex in "San Andreas" - disaster movie where the big one hits California and San Francisco is flattened or flooded or something.
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; January 26th, 2021 at 03:06 PM.

he's one of those actors i know i've seen in stuff but i also couldn't put a face to a name.

i think this is fucking tacky and people should deal with this shit with their lawyers and therapists and not on twitter but then i'm almost pathologically private and i would rather die than do this. if i want revenge, i'll seek other methods that don't compromise my privacy lol
    i'm always shocked by how exhibitionist people are. this sort of thing is excruciatingly cringey to me. it's an adult social media version of when you were a teenager or a college student at a party and some chick (it was usually a chick, i feel like the male equivalent is to get into a public fight at a party) would get drunk and start crying and involve everyone else in their drama.
    czb and dexter7 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It sounds freaking horrible. Jesus.

This is the first Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four series with Chris Evans and Jessica Alba. I think that is what he would be most known for here in USA. Levitt's remark is so hilarious and on point - he's like in 30 seconds of "Titanic".

He's been in some other stuff. He seems really likeable. But apparently, the character he most matches is the unreliable boyfriend of The Rock's ex in "San Andrea".
    He 'rose to prominence' (I like that saying) in Hornblower and 102 Dalmations (with his wife) in the UK, then you're right, was in Fantastic Four and I also believe played the guy they hire for 'wet work' in Horrible Bosses.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Well if she really is being gaslit and feels like she's losing her mind because she's got no control, I totally get it.

I imagine she feels that if she keeps it all in, she'd really go crazy. Sure, it looks bad to us on the outside but some people don't have support networks or coping skills to keep it discreet.

Also, I'm a fan of public shaming being a consequence of shitty behavior.

czb

i'm with sput. i can see going mental in a relationship but no way would i put it on SM.

i'm against public shaming. i see so much of it on ND that i feel like arthur dimmesdale must be my neighbor. hate it.
    sputnik and witchcurlgirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Well if she really is being gaslit and feels like she's losing her mind because she's got no control, I totally get it.

I imagine she feels that if she keeps it all in, she'd really go crazy. Sure, it looks bad to us on the outside but some people don't have support networks or coping skills to keep it discreet.

Also, I'm a fan of public shaming being a consequence of shitty behavior.
    yeah see i think public shaming is mostly counterproductive except for like criminal behaviour or for hypocritical politicians, and this is where i differ with many fellow lefties in that i'm most definitely not a fan of call-out/cancel culture. it started off with good intentions and it's devolved into weirdness (not to mention, giving right-wingers an excuse for blanket dismissals of all criticism). i'm also really bothered by people who take joy in public shaming. it just makes me really uncomfortable.
    i also don't buy that this is in any way helpful to her mental health or that it's necessary. this woman is an actress in her own right, and has money. if she felt she was being gaslit and has no control of the situation, she has access to therapists and lawyers. she can confide in her friends and family. tweeting this stuff in public isn't a good coping mechanism.
    different strokes i guess. i would literally rather die than have my private life aired out in public like this.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 26th, 2021 at 01:52 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

yeah.

i hate having my dirt aired. and i am usually not spiteful. but that will be tested in an hour when i have to talk with someone about a hiring ref. i usually refuse to give them because i don't want the responsibility. but if the candidate is someone who is high on my dirt list, well, i will be tested.

/carry on
    sputnik and MohandasKGanja like this.

Elite Member

She needs to change her passwords if he's deleting her stuff

That's all I've got
    mopar, MsDark and crayzeehappee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i'm with sput. i can see going mental in a relationship but no way would i put it on SM.

i'm against public shaming. i see so much of it on ND that i feel like arthur dimmesdale must be my neighbor. hate it.
    yeah.

i hate having my dirt aired. and i am usually not spiteful. but that will be tested in an hour when i have to talk with someone about a hiring ref. i usually refuse to give them because i don't want the responsibility. but if the candidate is someone who is high on my dirt list, well, i will be tested.

/carry on
    ND ???

I seem to be stupider than usual today, but are you saying you dislike giving a professional reference about someone you dislike? If so, I can empathize. I've rarely felt completely comfortable about giving references - good, bad, or indifferent - because I always assume I don't have the complete picture about anyone.
    czb likes this.

yeah.

/carry on
    It's funny you should mention that. Mrs Mo got an email out of the blue yesterday from a guy who had briefly worked with her. I think he wanted her to either be a reference or help him get a job with some organization. The thing was that this was a guy who never actually showed up on site to do the job after he was originally hired. This was BEFORE COVID, and he kept coming up with excuses to not come in - none of them life or death. Finally, they let him go. For him to come back to her and ask her for assistance in being someone else's problem is demonstrating a lack of self awareness that would qualify him for some kind of inter-galaxy competition.
    lindsaywhit and mostroop like this.

czb

lindsay: ND=NextDoor.

about the ref - just got off the phone with my former colleague who is the hiring manager. the candidate is different than who i anticipated. i actually liked him, but he got violently fired from our company about 3 days before they annonced a zillion dollar buy out. i didn't have a problem with the candidate but his former boss HATED him. loathed him with the light of a thousand suns. not sure why. anyway, i had nothing bad to say about the candidate and said he was ok to work with.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Thanks, czb. So obvious once you explained.
    czb and robertmarilyn like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information