Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are getting a divorce: ‘She’s done’

Default Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are getting a divorce: ‘She’s done’

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are getting a divorce: ‘She’s done’

By Mara Siegler, Emily Smith and Sara Nathan

January 5, 2021 | 6:03pm

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are over.
    Multiple sources tell Page Six that “divorce is imminent” for the Hollywood couple, with Kardashian hiring divorce attorney to the stars, Laura Wasser.
    “They are keeping it low-key but they are done,” says a source. “Kim has hired Laura Wasser and they are in settlement talks.”
    Kim, 40, hasn’t been seen wearing her wedding ring, and Kanye, 43, remained at his $14 million Wyoming ranch over the holidays instead of spending it with the Kardashian family, who drew criticism for their extravagant celebrations.
    “Kim got Kanye to go up there [Wyoming] so they could live separate lives and quietly get things sorted out to separate and divorce. She’s done,” the source continued.

The source added that while Kim has done much in the past to protect and help Kanye deal with his mental health struggles, “Now this divorce is happening because Kim has grown up a lot.
    “She is serious about taking the bar exam and becoming a lawyer, she is serious about her prison reform campaign. Meanwhile Kanye is talking about running for president and saying other crazy s–t, and she’s just had enough of it.”

Meanwhile, a separate source says Kanye, who became increasingly uncomfortable and irritated by the Kardashians’ over-the-top reality star lives, “Is completely over the entire family … He wants nothing to do with them,” adding he eventually found their reality show “unbearable.”
    West tweeted in July, “I been trying to get divorced since Kim met with Meek at the Warldolf [sic] for ‘prison reform,’” seeming to refer to a criminal justice summit attended by Kim and rapper Meek Mill in November 2018.

He also called momager Kris Jenner “Kris Jong-Un” and claimed that the Kardashians were trying to force him into psychiatric treatment.
    Then Kanye reluctantly showed up for Kim’s ridiculously extravagant $1 million-plus 40th birthday in Tahiti last October for just one day.
    “He showed up late and left early, he wouldn’t appear in any of their Instagram shots. All he did was bring over the hologram of her father Robert Kardashian, then got out of there as fast as he could,” the source added.
    The source said the biggest sticking point in the Kimye divorce settlement talks could be over their Calabasas, California, family home, which underwent a total redesign masterminded by Kanye and was heralded by Architectural Digest as “an oasis of purity and light.”

The couple worked on the all-white, minimalist home with Belgian designer Axel Vervoordt. They reportedly paid $40 million for the house and spent $20 million on renovations.
    NY PostThe source said, “Kim is trying to get Kanye to turn over the Calabasas house to her, because that’s where the kids are based and growing up. That is their home.”
    Explaining, “She owns all the land and adjoining lots around the house but Kanye owns the actual house. They’ve both put a lot of money into renovating it.”
    The source added of the advanced settlement talks, “This isn’t the first time they’ve been talking about a split, but this time it is way, way more serious.”
    Another source confirmed to us that divorce settlement talks were underway, but they were not yet at the point of deciding how their properties would be divided.

This would be Kim’s third divorce. She previously hired Wasser for her divorce from basketball player Kris Humphries. Wasser, who has also represented Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears and Johnny Depp, was not immediately available for comment.
    But the power LA divorce lawyer is well-known to advocate for her clients to negotiate and agree a confidential settlement before any divorce papers are filed in court. Because LA divorces are more public than in New York, this ensures that more of the proceedings remain secret.
    Kim and Kanye were married in 2014 in an over-the-top ceremony in Italy. They have four children: daughter North, 7, son Saint, 5, daughter Chicago, who turns 3 next week, and son Psalm, 19 months.
    Reps for both Kim and Kanye didn’t immediately comment.
    https://pagesix.com/2021/01/05/kim-k...rce-shes-done/
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Elite Member

I'm shocked they lasted this long.
    fgg and Honeythorn like this.

New season of the K shitshow ramping up?
    holly, Honeythorn, DawnM74 and 1 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

No the show is over. Rumor is they ended the show so that Kim and Kanye could get their divorce offscreen.

He also called momager Kris Jenner “Kris Jong-Un”
    tulip, funky_chicken, czb and 4 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    No the show is over. Rumor is they ended the show so that Kim and Kanye could get their divorce offscreen.

Aren't they moving to Hulu or something like that?

yeah but no specifics as to what the content will be. they've said they don't want to do any more kwutk style reality TV so it wouldn't surprise me if their new stuff is basically straight up spon-con or an all-kardashian version of the view or something.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

'Kris Jong-Un' will never NOT be funny.

He may be crazy as a shithouse rat but he is sort of a genius.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

“She is serious about taking the bar exam and becoming a lawyer, she is serious about her prison reform campaign. Meanwhile Kanye is talking about running for president and saying other crazy s–t, and she’s just had enough of it.”

LOL.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She’s better off without him.

And so is he.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

LOL.
    How do you pass the Bar without going to law school?
    DawnM74 likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^^
    california is one of four states that allows people to pass the bar exam without having gone to law school. they're given the option of apprenticing with a practicing attorney or judge. it's not very common but for someone like kim who has all the money in the world, she can pay for tutors, etc.

czb

maybe she can apprentice under joe pesci. i'd also suggest fred gwynne but herman is dead.
    sputnik, KrisNine and holly like this.

fgg

Report: Kim Kardashian is Prepping for Divorce

Word is Kim Kardashian is preparing to divorce Kanye West, for real this time. The rumours have surrounded the couple for years, but speculation increased more recently given Kanye’s political views, public outbursts, and controversial statements about race and mental health. Now multiple sources are confirming to multiple outlets that after nearly seven years together Kim is ready to call it quits. No reports are disputing these claims, no interviews with Kris Jenner saying they’re working through their issues have been published. It appears things are actually over.

Here’s what I’ve gathered from the coverage. They’ve been attending marriage counselling for much of 2020, and there was previously a point when Kim wanted to pull the plug, but it was during one of Kanye’s bipolar episodes and she felt it would be cruel to do so when he wasn’t well. Back in October, when Kim had that ridiculous island getaway birthday bash, and Kanye gifted her with the hologram of her dad, apparently he only flew to the island that day to deliver the gift and left. That’s an example of their living situation lately, very much apart and when they’re together, Kanye’s trying to escape as quickly as possible. But what's really broken them, allegedly, was a huge fight in December, where Kanye apparently lost it on Kim and their relationship soured even further. So they’re basically already separated. Kim reportedly doesn’t wear her wedding ring anymore and Kanye even remained at his Wyoming ranch over the holidays. What’s kept Kim around for this long is the children. Say what you want about Kim Kardashian but from what I’ve seen she’s a loving and attentive mom.

Enter Laura Wasser, the inspiration behind Laura Dern’s Oscar-winning divorce lawyer character in Marriage Story. She’s more than a lawyer, she’s Hollywood’s go-to divorce guru. She not only helped Kim with her Kris Humphries situation, but she’s been retained by pretty much everyone, including Angelina Jolie (pre-2018 at least) in the perennially messy Jolie v. Pitt drama. Word is Kim’s already consulting with Laura and will file for divorce soon, which has Kanye on standby. He knows it’s happening and sources are saying he’s sad but okay because he’s realized it’s inevitable. Even TMZ, who was more positive in their coverage, said divorce is likely. They both seem to want to keep this divorce quiet (not sure what their definition of “quiet” is), and Laura’s an advocate for couples to negotiate in private and settle confidentially, but their Calabasas home is a huge thorn in that process. They reportedly paid $40 million for the house and spent another $20 million in renovations. Those numbers are blowing my mind. Kim owns all the land while Kanye owns the actual house, but she wants him to hand it over because that’s where the kids grew up and she wants it to remain their home base.

Isn’t this sad? I know a lot of people have no patience for Kimye, and I lost my once strong love for Kanye when he said slavery was a choice but I always thought they were going to make it, or at least make it until the kids were grown. Their superficial, self-obsessed energy used to match each other so well but I guess Kim has evolved from the person she was when they got married. I’m sure she’s tired of explaining his antics or stupid political views, which she obviously disagrees with, every time she sits down for an interview. She’s studying to become a lawyer, she’s earnestly working to promote prison reform, she matured so much in the past five years or so and he’s… regressed. Kim’s coming out of this relationship a better businesswoman, with a bigger empire than she’s ever had. In 2014, the year she married Kanye, her net worth was estimated to be $45 million and in 2020 the estimate ballooned to $780 million. She didn’t receive alimony after her first two marriages, and she certainly doesn’t need a penny from anyone now.

But remember, there’s one more season left of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, set to air some time this year. It will be the 20th season and whether or not they admit to it, we’ve been trained by this family over these 20 seasons to tune in for their “storytelling”. And, well, now we have our main final storyline.

https://www.laineygossip.com/kim-kar...his-time/67791
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^^^Lainey is ass-kissing again, this time for Kim.
    Novice and Angeli like this.

I for one was totally shocked. Shocked. Stunned that this bastion of stability did not make it to their golden anniversary.

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information