Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: James Corden is the new Jessica Simpson Partners with WW (aka Weight Watchers)

Default James Corden is the new Jessica Simpson Partners with WW (aka Weight Watchers)

James Corden Says 'I'm Fed Up with the Way I Look,' Partners with WW

"I want to change the way that I live. I want to be better for my children and for my family," James Corden said
    By Georgia Slater
    January 02, 2021 01:16 PM

James Corden is opening up about his struggles with weight loss and encouraging others to join him on his year of health journey.

On Friday, Corden, 42, announced that he would be embarking on a health and weight loss journey as a new partner with WW (formerly Weight Watchers) as he is "fed up" with repeatedly going on diets that never work.

"Iíve realized that every year for the past decade ó probably even 15 years ó on January 1 Iíve told myself and anyone that would listen that this is it, this is the year, Iím going on a diet, Iím going to lose a load of weight," he explained in a clip announcing his WW partnership.

"Iím fed up with the way I look, Iím fed up with being unhealthy, with 'this is the year Iím doing it,'" he continued. "Because of that, over Christmas, Iíve eaten everything thatís in the fridge because in my head in January Iím starting this diet and itíll be a success. And as you can see it hasnít."

The late-night host said going through the same thought process is "starting to get [him] down in a way."

"Iíve never been able to stick to anything like that. Iíve spent a long time accepting that this is my body and thatís it. But I really am sick and tired of just doing the same thing every year," he shared.

Corden went on to share that he reached out to WW as their regimen is "more about wellness, and health and feeling better, rather than just trying to lose a load of weight" and is urging others to try the new myWW+ program with him.

"I want to change the way that I live. I want to be better for my children and for my family," he shared in a press release. "I don't want to wake up tired, or feel embarrassed when I'm chasing my son on the soccer field and out of breath after three minutes. The weight is not the issue, it's the wellness of it I am ready to tackle. I'm going to take this year and work towards getting healthy."

The actor also shared that as part of his partnership, WW will give 100,000 digital memberships to those currently with financial hardships.

"I'm going to embark on this year of health cause I absolutely believe that [WW] has the tools to make this the year that I make this change," Corden stated in the release. "Let's make this the last year that this is our New Year's resolution."

RELATED: James Corden Blasts Bill Maherís Pro-Fat Shaming Rant: 'Bullying Only Makes the Problem Worse'

Corden has previously spoken out about his weight, recently revealing that he has struggled in the past to get roles because of his size.

Last year, he told The New Yorker that despite starring in the hit play The History Boys, he struggled to get substantial roles while his costars earned major movie parts. ďI was good for playing a bubbly judge in a courtroom, or Iíd be the guy who drops off a TV to Hugh Grant in a movie,Ē he said.

Corden said itís a problem that stems from how society treats people who are overweight.

ďIf someone came from another planet and put on the television, you would think that people who are big or overweight donít have sex,Ē he said. ďThey donít fall in love. Theyíre friends of people who fall in love. Theyíre probably not that bright, but theyíre a good time, and theyíre not as valuable as people who are really good-looking.Ē

The star added that for one of his first jobs, playing a college janitor on the British soap opera Hollyoaks, the set designer decorated his room with posters of fast food. Corden said he wouldnít do his scene until they were removed.

https://people.com/health/james-cord...tners-with-ww/
    lindseyfan and tulip like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Well, good luck to him.
    C_is_for_Cookie and tulip like this.

*whispers* He still won't be funny.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

*Replies in whisper* I agree.
    twitchy2.0 and mostroop like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Damnit, people, show some respect - he's our generation's Dom Deluise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    *whispers* He still won't be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    *Replies in whisper* I agree.
    *Sotto voce to self* I thought it was just me
    twitchy2.0, mostroop and Kittylady like this.

It worked for JS, maybe it'll work for him too. And I agree he's not funny.
    Kittylady and twitchy2.0 like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    *Sotto voce to self* I thought it was just me
    Nope, he IRKS me to no end. I just don't care enough about him to hate him.

Elite Member

I only know him from his late show and I think he can be funny on that.
    Labelwhore likes this.

He'll lose the weight but he'll still be an insufferable twat
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I have almost no familiarity at all with this guy - I know he has a late-night show, does something called "carpool karaoke". And was in two movies that are on cable all the time - "Into the Woods" and "Cats". That's it. He does seem a little pudgy.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I have almost no familiarity at all with this guy - I know he has a late-night show, does something called "carpool karaoke". And was in two movies that are on cable all the time - "Into the Woods" and "Cats". That's it. He does seem a little pudgy.
    He's done loads of stuff - he writes and acts (on screen & stage) check out Gavin & Stacey (I don't find it funny/interesting but it won an award).
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Corden
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

I once got propositioned by a relatively famous UK comedian on a night out and one of the things that sticks in my mind is how much he said James Corden was an arrogant arsehole, and that was obviously from first hand experience

Great pickup line: "Hey, there - how would you like to have a drink with someone who thinks James Corden is an arrogant arse?"
    Daphodil, levitt, mostroop and 2 others like this.

There is actually a British comedian right now who I’m almost certain is my soulmate, and I don’t even believe in those. He’s called James Acaster. I LOVE HIM. Piers Morgan hates him, which proves even more how great Acaster is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information