Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Model Stella Tennant dies at 50

Default Model Stella Tennant dies at 50

So sad. She was such a fashion icon in the 90s.

Model Stella Tennant dies aged 50

Family announce ‘sudden death’ and ask for privacy

Stella Tennant at the Fashion Awards 2019 at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Photograph: David M Benett/Getty Images

Priya Elan
    Wed 23 Dec 2020 13.11 EST

The model Stella Tennant has died, five days after her 50th birthday on 17 December. According to police sources, there were no suspicious circumstances around her death.
    Her family said in a statement: “It is with great sadness we announce the sudden death of Stella Tennant on 22 December 2020.
    “Stella was a wonderful woman and an inspiration to us all. She will be greatly missed.
    “Her family ask for their privacy to be respected. Arrangements for a memorial service will be announced at a later date.”
    A Police Scotland spokesman said: “Officers were called to an address in Duns around 11.30am on Tuesday, 22 December, following the sudden death of a 50-year-old woman. Her next of kin have been made aware. There are no suspicious circumstances and a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.”
    The fashion industry has been paying tribute to Tennant. Stella McCartney wrote on Instagram: “What sad, horrific news to end this already shocking year … My heart goes out to your stunning family who must be in such undeserving pain. I am speechless … Rest in peace, you inspiring woman. Your soul and inner beauty exceed the external perfection, Stella. May you ride high above us all on the most perfect horse, eternally in peace.”
    Donatella Versace wrote: “I cannot believe you are gone … I cherish every moment we spent together.”
    British Vogue’s editor, Edward Enninful, posted a tribute to the “kind and wonderful” model.

Stella Tennant walks with designer Karl Lagerfeld during the Metiers D’Art show for Chanel in Paris, 2011. Photograph: Benoît Tessier/ReutersTennant was one of the original 1990s supermodels who, alongside Kate Moss and Erin O’Connor, introduced an era of androgyny on the catwalk.
    Advertisement

With her pixie haircut and statuesque frame Tennant became a muse and favourite to designers across the decades including Alexander McQueen, Karl Lagerfeld, Nicolas Ghesquière, Riccardo Tisci and Victoria Beckham. She also appeared in several high-profile advertising campaigns for Calvin Klein and Hermès.
    Tennant, who was the granddaughter of Andrew Cavendish, the 11th Duke of Devonshire and Deborah Mitford, was scouted by the photographer Steven Meisel for her first British Vogue shoot in 1993.
    The grunge-influenced photos were considered controversial at the time (Tennant had a nose ring in the pictures) and kickstarted her long career in fashion. But she had a certain reluctance about the industry. “After the Vogue shoot, he [Meisel] asked me to go to Paris and shoot a Versace campaign,” she told the Evening Standard in 2016.
    “Suddenly, it was a proper modelling job. And I didn’t really know if I wanted to open the door and see what was inside. You have an idea of what fashion is about, but I’d been at art school. I didn’t know if I wanted to be objectified. I thought it was a big, shallow world and I wasn’t really sure if I liked the look of it.”
    Later in the decade, Lagerfeld made her the face of Chanel and put her on an exclusive modelling contract. It was said that she reminded the designer of Coco Chanel.
    At the end of the 1990s, Tennant married David Lasnet. They met on a shoot in New York, where Lasnet was assisting the photographer. The couple had four children (Marcel, Cecily, Jasmine and Iris) together before splitting earlier this year. Tennant’s final British Vogue cover was in 2018, which was shot by Meisel.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Fuck

Poor kids
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Bronze Member

No! This is so sad. She is so young. Rest in peace.

Terrible for her kids. Very sad
    Novice likes this.

she died suddenly. i hate when younger, assumingly healthy people just drop dead from some freaky condition, or strokes etc.

she was perfect for the time of fashion she occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    she died suddenly. i hate when younger, assumingly healthy people just drop dead from some freaky condition, or strokes etc.

she was perfect for the time of fashion she occupied.
    'Died suddenly' is also used for suicide. That might not be the case here though.

Silver Member

My former college room mate's husband died at 35, all she said on Facebook was that he died after a short illness. I was supportive and messaged her, but I couldn't help thinking how does a healthy man in his thirties die?
    Annika likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandknight View Post
    My former college room mate's husband died at 35, all she said on Facebook was that he died after a short illness. I was supportive and messaged her, but I couldn't help thinking how does a healthy man in his thirties die?
    An old school friend of mine died in his early thirties from a blood clot.
    Annika likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    An old school friend of mine died in his early thirties from a blood clot.
    that's the kinda stuff that freaks me out. i am a decently medicated hypochondriac though!

i didn't even think of suicide. when they said 'no suspicious circumstances' for some reason i thought that a suicide might be suspicious but probs not.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Last summer a 37 year old guy played football (soccer) with his friends right next to where we live. He had to get the ball from the bushes as someone kicked it too far, and he just fell down and died. Sudden heart attack. Played football for many years, was in good shape, no illnesses, nothing. Just a heart condition he wasn't aware of.
    -

... and now I'm just sat here staring into the abyss, too scared to move
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Supermodel Stella Tennant who died last month at the age of 50 took her own life after struggling with mental health problems, her family have confirmed.

The aristocratic model, whose illustrious career saw her appear in numerous advertising campaigns for the likes of Calvin Klein, Chanel, Hermes, and Burberry, died at her home in Duns, Scotland, on December 22.

In a public statement, the model's family have now said that the model, whose 'creativity, intelligence and humour touched so many', had been 'unwell for some time' and 'felt unable to go on'.

A family spokesperson told The Daily Telegraph: 'Stella had been unwell for some time. So, it is a matter of our deepest sorrow and despair that she felt unable to go on, despite the love of those closest to her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amily-say.html

On Lipstick Alley, they're saying her husband had filed for divorce. He was planning on leaving her.

that's so sad.
    RIP.

fgg

Stella Tennant killed herself after being ‘unwell for some time,’ family says

Former supermodel Stella Tennant killed herself because she “felt unable to go on,” according to her relatives.

The Scottish-born model’s family revealed details about her Dec. 22 death — just days after her 50th birthday — after being “humbled by the outpouring of messages of sympathy,” they told The Telegraph.

“Stella had been unwell for some time. So it is a matter of our deepest sorrow and despair that she felt unable to go on, despite the love of those closest to her,” her family told the UK paper in a statement.

“She was a beautiful soul, adored by a close family and good friends, a sensitive and talented woman whose creativity, intelligence and humor touched so many,” the family said.

“In grieving Stella’s loss, her family renews a heartfelt request that respect for their privacy should continue.”

Tennant, who hailed from an aristocratic family, died just four months after splitting from David Lasnet, her husband of 21 years.

A source told The Telegraph that the family was speaking out as they “feel it’s important to raise awareness around mental health, as far too often it is misunderstood.”

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/07/stell...able-to-go-on/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information