Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise yells at 'Mission: Impossible 7' crew members for breaking COVID-19 rules

fgg

Default Tom Cruise yells at 'Mission: Impossible 7' crew members for breaking COVID-19 rules

'If I see you do it again you’re f****** gone'

New audio appears to capture Tom Cruise ranting at his co-workers on the British set of Mission: Impossible 7 for breaking COVID-19 protocols.

The star, who’s also a producer of the blockbuster franchise, threatened to fire anyone not following the guidelines, according to the recording published on The Sun. Cruise was reportedly upset to see people standing too close together. Variety confirmed the incident.

Scroll back up to restore default view.
    Yahoo Celebrity
    Tom Cruise yells at 'Mission: Impossible 7' crew members for breaking COVID-19 rules: 'If I see you do it again you’re f****** gone'
    Raechal Shewfelt
    Raechal Shewfelt·Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
    Tue, December 15, 2020, 9:44 PM EST·4 min read
    New audio appears to capture Tom Cruise ranting at his co-workers on the British set of Mission: Impossible 7 for breaking COVID-19 protocols.

The star, who’s also a producer of the blockbuster franchise, threatened to fire anyone not following the guidelines, according to the recording published on The Sun. Cruise was reportedly upset to see people standing too close together. Variety confirmed the incident.

Tom Cruise wears a mask while "Mission: Impossible 7" films Nov. 29 in Italy. (Photo: Samantha Zucchi/Insidefoto/Mondadori Portfolio via Getty Images)
    Tom Cruise wears a mask while Mission: Impossible 7 films Nov. 29 in Italy. (Photo: Samantha Zucchi/Insidefoto/Mondadori Portfolio via Getty Images)
    “If I see you do it again you’re f****** gone,” Cruise can be heard saying. “We are the gold standard. They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us. Because they believe in us and what we’re doing. I’m on the phone with every f****** studio at night, insurance companies, producers and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs, you motherf*******. I don’t ever want to see it again. Ever!”

His said he didn’t want the movie to be shut down. Mission: Impossible 7 was one of the films to halt production early in the year, because of the epidemic.

Cruise insisted that there be no apologies: “You can tell it to the people that are losing their f****** homes because our industry is shut down. It’s not going to put food on their table or pay for their college education. That’s what I sleep with every night — the future of this f****** industry! So I’m sorry, I am beyond your apologies. I have told you, and now I want it, and if you don’t do it, you’re out. We are not shutting this f****** movie down! Is it understood? If I see it again, you’re f****** gone.”

Yahoo Entertainment has reached out to Cruise’s rep for comment.

Social media quickly reacted to the audio, with many people saying how glad they were to see Cruise taking the pandemic seriously. They also compared him to Les Grossman, the bullying Hollywood agent that Cruise played in Tropic Thunder, and several people noted the allegations against Scientology, of which Cruise is its most high-profile member.

Scroll back up to restore default view.
    Yahoo Celebrity
    Tom Cruise yells at 'Mission: Impossible 7' crew members for breaking COVID-19 rules: 'If I see you do it again you’re f****** gone'
    Raechal Shewfelt
    Raechal Shewfelt·Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
    Tue, December 15, 2020, 9:44 PM EST·4 min read

Tom Cruise wears a mask while "Mission: Impossible 7" films Nov. 29 in Italy. (Photo: Samantha Zucchi/Insidefoto/Mondadori Portfolio via Getty Images)
    Tom Cruise wears a mask while Mission: Impossible 7 films Nov. 29 in Italy. (Photo: Samantha Zucchi/Insidefoto/Mondadori Portfolio via Getty Images)
    “If I see you do it again you’re f****** gone,” Cruise can be heard saying. “We are the gold standard. They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us. Because they believe in us and what we’re doing. I’m on the phone with every f****** studio at night, insurance companies, producers and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs, you motherf*******. I don’t ever want to see it again. Ever!”

His said he didn’t want the movie to be shut down. Mission: Impossible 7 was one of the films to halt production early in the year, because of the epidemic.

Cruise insisted that there be no apologies: “You can tell it to the people that are losing their f****** homes because our industry is shut down. It’s not going to put food on their table or pay for their college education. That’s what I sleep with every night — the future of this f****** industry! So I’m sorry, I am beyond your apologies. I have told you, and now I want it, and if you don’t do it, you’re out. We are not shutting this f****** movie down! Is it understood? If I see it again, you’re f****** gone.”

Yahoo Entertainment has reached out to Cruise’s rep for comment.

Social media quickly reacted to the audio, with many people saying how glad they were to see Cruise taking the pandemic seriously. They also compared him to Les Grossman, the bullying Hollywood agent that Cruise played in Tropic Thunder, and several people noted the allegations against Scientology, of which Cruise is its most high-profile member.

The leaked audio recording came out the same day as a very different story about Cruise and how he sends his his many celeb friends a certain gourmet treat this time each year.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...024420970.html
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I cannot blame him, I even understand him but I still don't like him.
    czb, fgg, twitchy2.0 and 11 others like this.

They added: “Everyone was wearing masks. It was purely that these people were standing under a meter away from each other.
    “It isn’t known whether he saw those guys breaking the rules before or whether this was the straw that broke the camel’s back.
    “People make mistakes and they slip up, but Tom is just on it.”

Two of the crew stood less than three feet from each other at a computer screen.

So they were stood working, looking at a computer screen, wearing masks.....?

I get what he is saying but I can't stand him (either).

Audio here:-
    https://www.the-sun.com/entertainmen...-impossible-2/

It sounds very theatrical.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    They added: “Everyone was wearing masks. It was purely that these people were standing under a meter away from each other.
    “It isn’t known whether he saw those guys breaking the rules before or whether this was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Two of the crew stood less than three feet from each other at a computer screen.

It sounds very theatrical.
    On the radio this morning on the way to work one of the guys was saying he thinks that this was fake and that this is to show that he is taking covid seriously. Also that what he was yelling seemed very rehearsed.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

That was my first thought... Also rather convenient that it was "leaked" no?

Was it outdoors or an open set where some paparazzi could have taken a picture that the studio or the insurance company could see and then shut down the picture? If so, Cruise could have told them, "look, I am going to scream at you and have the recording released so that we can get ahead of this."

But I also want to mention that wearing masks is not enough if one of you is infected and you are working in close proximity for more than 15 minutes.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Tiny Tom Cruise could save a burning school bus full of orphaned kittens from going over a cliff and I'd still think he was a twat.

And yes, I think this was a set up too. He didn't seem too fussed when he was galavanting across Europe doing his own More Hetero Than Thou stunts for the film.
    Novice, holly, Daphodil and 7 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Too bad no video or audio of this.

I hate to say it, but I agree with him. Goddamn 2020 and covid. Now I'm on the same page with Thomasita. It's probably snowing in hell.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    [b]Too bad no video or [b]audio[/b? of this.

I hate to say it, but I agree with him. Goddamn 2020 and covid. Now I'm on the same page with Thomasita. It's probably snowing in hell.

It really sounds very theatrical.
    Soooooooo you didn't check out the linkie

Such a tosser. He tries so hard to sound big and tough. Instead it was a ridiculously theatrical long-winded bitch fit. I bet he flicked his hair and flounced back to his trailer afterwards.
    Kittylady and crayzeehappee like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Soooooooo you didn't check out the linkie
    Thanks. I finally read the article, and basically agree with everything he said. They say in the article, that there was a shut down of film shooting in Italy because 12 people got infected. God knows how much money that cost, and he is putting a lot of his own money on the line to help keep things going. I would have made the two idiots wear a sign for the whole day, saying "I am a dumbass who can't follow basic directions."
    mopar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "I am a dumbass who can't follow basic directions."

In Sri Lanka the police made people who were not following the rules pull their own ears. It created an outrage but honestly .....

It's probably because Thetans grow strong on Covid Flakes and he doesn't want to pay for an extra thousand hours of auditing.
    Kittylady and firebrat1229 like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Five Mission: Impossible crew 'quit' after Tom Cruise 'goes into another furious rant'

Tom Cruise reportedly launched into another rant at Mission: Impossible crew members, which caused five of them to quit

Five members of the Mission: Impossible crew have quit after Tom Cruise went into another rant on set, it's claimed.

The actor, who plays the films series' lead character Ethan Hunt, reportedly launched into another furious tirade on the set of the most recent film, has been filming in the UK and Europe in recent months while competing with all the challenges that the Covid-19 pandemic presents.

It came after it was reported that Tom went into an expletive-filled rant at the crew after they allegedly flouted Covid health and safety measures.

Things didn't calm down after his first rant, sparking some of the crew to walk, according to The Sun.

A source said: "The first outburst was big but things haven't calmed since. Tension has been building for months and this was the final straw. Since it became public there has been more anger and several staff have walked.

“But Tom just can't take any more after all the lengths they have gone to just to keep filming at all. He's upset others aren't taking it as seriously as him. In the end, he's the one who carries the can."

The Mirror has contacted reps for Tom Cruise and Paramount Pictures for comment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...-quit-23179905

On another note, I had no idea there were so many of these movies. I thought there were only 3. Did they jump over 4, 5, and 6, or do they actually exist?
    sputnik likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information