• 3 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 6 Post By Trixie
  • 2 Post By mopar
  • 2 Post By Novice
  • 1 Post By tulip
  • 1 Post By Novice
  • 3 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By Trixie

Thread: Jean-Claude Van Damme saves chihuahua from being euthanized over passport dispute

Default Jean-Claude Van Damme saves chihuahua from being euthanized over passport dispute

Jean-Claude Van Damme saves chihuahua from being euthanized over passport dispute.

Jean-Claude Van Damme has stepped in to save a 3-month-old chihuahua from being euthanized over a passport problem.
    The chihuahua, named Raya, had been sold by Bulgaria-based breeders to its new owners in Norway.

However, Norwegian authorities discovered upon the dog's arrival into the country that it had done so on a fake Bulgarian passport.
    The dog was then sent back to Bulgaria. But because Norway is not in the European Union, Bulgarian authorities said they could not take the dog back, due to rules over the transport of live animals.
    This meant that Raya would be facing euthanasia — but not on Van Damme's watch.
    The Bloodsport actor, who is himself a chihuahua owner, took to social media to plead with the Bulgarian authorities to reconsider their position. He also directed fans to a Change.org petition.

Jean-Claude Van Damme saves chihuahua from being euthanized over passport dispute

Ben ArnoldContributor

Yahoo CelebrityOctober 20, 2020

Ad: 7s

Jean-Claude Van Damme has stepped in to save a 3-month-old chihuahua from being euthanized over a passport problem.
    The chihuahua, named Raya, had been sold by Bulgaria-based breeders to its new owners in Norway.

However, Norwegian authorities discovered upon the dog's arrival into the country that it had done so on a fake Bulgarian passport.

Jean-Claude Van Damme has come to a pup's rescue. (Photo: John Salangsang/Invision/AP)
    More

The dog was then sent back to Bulgaria. But because Norway is not in the European Union, Bulgarian authorities said they could not take the dog back, due to rules over the transport of live animals.
    The Bloodsport actor, who is himself a chihuahua owner, took to social media to plead with the Bulgarian authorities to reconsider their position. He also directed fans to a Change.org petition.
    “I beg, please, for my birthday, the food safety authority, change your decision,” Van Damme wrote on his Instagram page. The actor turned 60 on Oct. 18.“They made a mistake, the people who didn’t do the paper correctly ... But they cannot kill that little chihuahua.”
    Thanks in part to Van Damme's spotlight on the incident, the Bulgarian authorities have decided that the dog will not be euthanized, but rather given medical checks on her return to Bulgaria before being put up for adoption.
    Van Damme has long been an advocate for adopting animals, donating $30,000 in 2016 to Animals Australia, a charity based in Sydney, after appearing in an advertising campaign to encourage people to adopt greyhounds.

Jean-Claude Van Damme saves chihuahua from being euthanized over passport dispute

Ben ArnoldContributor

Yahoo CelebrityOctober 20, 2020

Ad: 7s

Jean-Claude Van Damme has come to a pup's rescue. (Photo: John Salangsang/Invision/AP)
    More

“I beg, please, for my birthday, the food safety authority, change your decision,” Van Damme wrote on his Instagram page. The actor turned 60 on Oct. 18.
    “They made a mistake, the people who didn’t do the paper correctly ... But they cannot kill that little chihuahua.”
    Thanks in part to Van Damme's spotlight on the incident, the Bulgarian authorities have decided that the dog will not be euthanized, but rather given medical checks on her return to Bulgaria before being put up for adoption.
    Van Damme has long been an advocate for adopting animals, donating $30,000 in 2016 to Animals Australia, a charity based in Sydney, after appearing in an advertising campaign to encourage people to adopt greyhounds.

lindsaywhit likes this.

Sorry about the messy post. It wont let me clean it up. It sure didn't look like this when I hit post.
    Kittylady likes this.

^I give up trying to post articles in a halfway legible manner.

This is actually a cute story. I'm glad the chihuahua is OK. She's adorable.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I need more articles about people trying to save dogs and other animals
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I need more articles about people trying to save dogs and other animals
    This.

I follow animal sites like The Dodo on twitter and facebook. Then at least I can get some animal rescue stories in between all the political horror.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ^I give up trying to post articles in a halfway legible manner.

This is actually a cute story. I'm glad the chihuahua is OK. She's adorable.
    Me too.
    Witchywoman and DawnM74 like this.

J-CVD is incorrect in his statement that they "made a mistake on the passport" as it's a *fraudulent* passport.
    Which leads me to my second point that the issue that puppies are the new drugs on the black market & bred & sold by mafia type crime units is totally missing from this report.

#adoptdontshop
    lindsaywhit and Kittylady like this.

Elite Member

The whole dog has a fraudulent passport piece of this is making me laugh. So glad Jean-Claude helped save this cutie.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

My dog has a passport, and yes, it has a photo of her.

Basically a pet passport has all the details of innovations (rabies) etc. Details of the pet (colour, etc) and - most importantly- the chip number.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

It sounds funny, but it's basically a pet's official medical records that YOU keep, that way if you move you don't have to contact your last vet for proof of shots, meds, medical conditions etc.

People should have a version of that.
    palta, Kittylady and Novice like this.

Are there no chihauhuas in Norway, where people have to have them shipped from Bulgaria?
    Beeyotch likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Buyers frequently don't know where their dog is from & dogs are easier & make a better return than drugs now.

Thread Information