Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Jeff Bridges Diagnosed with Lymphoma

Default Jeff Bridges Diagnosed with Lymphoma

]eff Bridges, the Oscar-winning actor best known for playing a stoner bowler in "The Big Lebowski," announced Monday that he has been diagnosed with lymphoma.
    "As the Dude would say," the actor tweeted, referring to his "Lebowski" character, "New S**T has come to light."Bridges, 70, did not provide details on his diagnosis, but he said he was beginning treatment and planned to keep his fans updated.

"Although it is a serious disease, I feel fortunate that I have a great team of doctors and the prognosis is good," Bridges said.
    In a follow-up tweet, Bridges implored his Twitter followers to vote in the Nov. 3 election, saying "we are all in this together."

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/jeff-bridges-announces-he-has-been-diagnosed-lymphoma-n1243956

palta likes this.

czb

Elite Member

Noooooooo...

Fuck 2020.

I hope he had the not so bad kind.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

He's gonna be fine. Dude is going to be fine. Pardon me while I have a good cry.

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Sad. I'm not a fan of his; only liked him in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, but overall he seems like a nice, down to earth guy. Hope he beats it.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Oh no... I love this guy. Starman is one of the most romantic films of the eighties. And Against All Odds. Such a good actor and down to earth guy. Please let him beat this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I knew 3 people who had non-Hodgkins, they are no longer with us. Hope he has Hodgkins, which is much more treatable and a much better prognosis.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Oh no... I love this guy. Starman is one of the most romantic films of the eighties. And Against All Odds. Such a good actor and down to earth guy. Please let him beat this.
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity to post this shot, Bitter! Get better, Jeff!

Witchywoman and Brookie like this.

I wonder what these two old farts are up too??? Brian Wilson on the right, in the old days these 2 could party hearty.

Brookie likes this.

I love The Big Lebowski and was just thinking about Against All Odds. I was thinking about the eponymous theme song, mainly, and how cheesy it is but how I still love it for some reason.

Jeff really does look good in this movie.

He also plays a president in a movie and he was really memorable at it because he was super arrogant and I remember he always would make the White House kitchen make him shark sandwiches. And maybe Christian Slater was in it. And it was about...a woman who was going to be vice president but they found nude pics of her and it was a big scandal. I remember all that but not the name. (The Contender and it also stars Gary Oldman and Joan Allen.)
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I love The Big Lebowski and was just thinking about Against All Odds. I was thinking about the eponymous theme song, mainly, and how cheesy it is but how I still love it for some reason.

Jeff really does look good in this movie.

He also plays a president in a movie and he was really memorable at it because he was super arrogant and I remember he always would make the White House kitchen make him shark sandwiches. And maybe Christian Slater was in it. And it was about...a woman who was going to be vice president but they found nude pics of her and it was a big scandal. I remember all that but not the name. (The Contender and it also stars Gary Oldman and Joan Allen.)
    I think that Sam Elliott has a really lurid line in "The Contender" that was such turnoff that I never watched the movie. Rachel Ward was another Bridges costar who I found totally mesmerizing:

Waterslide likes this.

I don't remember the line from Sam Elliott, but I do remember that the main story would probably resonate today - a woman refusing to explain her past because it's irrelevant to her job and is also no one's business. I should watch it again in case I've made that up, though.

Jeff is also amazing in Crazy Heart, though older and more grizzled for the role. He really can play an instrument and I actually like his weird, gravelly singing voice...like listening to your uncle singing on his porch or something. The song is from Crazy Heart which he starred in with Maggie Gyllenhaal. It's very roughly based on Waylon Jennings/Kris Kristofferson/any alcoholic outlaw country dude you can think of.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information