Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Actor Rick Moranis sucker-punched in head in New York City

Default Actor Rick Moranis sucker-punched in head in New York City

Actor Rick Moranis sucker-punched in head in New York City

A 67-year-old man was sucker punched in the head by a man on West 70th Street.

NEW YORK -- Police are searching for the man wanted in a random and violent attack on actor Rick Moranis in New York City.

Video shows the moment the man sucker-punched a 67-year-old actor in the head.

It happened Thursday at 7:24 a.m. on West 70th street near Central Park West on the Manhattan borough's Upper West Side.

The attacker continued walking away after throwing the punch.

Moranis hurt his head, back and hip in the attack and went to the hospital for evaluation.

The attack sparked a strong reaction on social media from the Avenger's own Captain America.

My blood is boiling. Find this man. You don’t touch Rick Moranis. https://t.co/VXBbTjdDwa
    — Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) October 2, 2020

Moranis may be best known for his work on "Ghostbusters," "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" and "Little Shop of Horrors," among many others.
    https://abc7.com/sucker-punch-in-hea...ttack/6717136/
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

who the fuck punched seymour kelborn? monster!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Pissed me off! Sounds like mental health and random. There's a bit more crime right now on the West Side with more displaced and homeless people since Covid. That street for about a 30 block span is chock a block with well known actors.
    Waterslide likes this.

Poor Rick! I hope he's ok. New York has really gone to the shitter.
    Lily Bleu likes this.

there's more crime everywhere, not just new york. there's more poverty everywhere, food insecurity is up too. the other night i had helicopters circling my block and flying really low. turns out they were looking for 2 armed robbery suspects. and there's way more of that now in the whole city. this whole country is going down the shitter.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Damn, poor guy! Probably just trying to get the newspaper or something!!!

Not the keymaster!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

This pisses me right the fuck off!
    tulip and emkat like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

NYC is poison. I do not get the appeal at all.
    BITTER and DawnM74 like this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

I love NYC. I think it's one of the greatest cities. Crime is awful everywhere right now. I felt safer walking through NYC with my kid at night than I feel in the middle of the day in downtown LA. Now that's a real shithole.
    sputnik, lindsaywhit, czb and 3 others like this.

Rick Moranis “Fine” After Being Punched In Shocking New York City Attack – Update

By Dade Hayes
    Dade Hayes

October 2, 2020 12:27pm

Mint via YouTubeUPDATED at 12:25PM PT with statement. Actor Rick Moranis was punched in the face by a random passer-by on New York City’s Upper West Side and police said the assailant remained at large Friday.
    A rep for the 67-year-old comedy star said in a statement provided to Deadline that Moranis is “fine but grateful for everyone’s thoughts and well wishes.”
    Moranis was taking an early-morning walk Thursday near his home (see video clip below) when he was struck on Central Park West near West 70th Street.
    The New York Police Department said the assailant used a closed fist to punch Moranis. The video shows the attacker take a sudden step toward Moranis and delivering the punch before resuming his gait as his victim remained on the ground. The attacker was wearing black, including an “I Love NY” sweatshirt.

RELATED STORY

Rick Moranis Closes Deal To Return To 'Honey, I Shrunk The Kids' Franchise With 'Shrunk' At Disney

Initial press reports said Moranis sought treatment at a local hospital for pain in his head, back and right hip before reporting the attack at a police station.
    Moranis, whose many credits include Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Ghostbusters and Spaceballs, retreated from Hollywood more than 20 years ago after the death of his wife, Ann, to focus on raising their two children. His appearance in a recent commercial for Mint Mobile, alongside fellow Canadian Ryan Reynolds, gained wide notice because of the actor’s long absence from the spotlight.
    In the spot, Reynolds introduces Moranis by calling him someone “we’ve all gone too long without.” Moranis then self-deprecatingly jokes that he “really need(s) to get a phone.”
    Entertainment figures reacted on Twitter with agitation to the reports about the attack. Chris Evans said his “blood is boiling” and Josh Gad said the “rage I am feeling right now is beyond words.”
    James Woods joined in, for a change in accord with his fellow actors. “Finally! The one thing every American can agree on,” he tweeted, saying the attacker “should be boiled in oil alive.”

SHELLEE and crayzeehappee like this.

Poor guy. NYC sucks sometimes. Most East Coast big towns actually. Too many crazies out there. One of the reasons I Uber just about everywhere I go.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    there's more crime everywhere, not just new york. there's more poverty everywhere, food insecurity is up too. the other night i had helicopters circling my block and flying really low. turns out they were looking for 2 armed robbery suspects. and there's way more of that now in the whole city. this whole country is going down the shitter.
    NYC's downward trajectory isn't solely due to COVID, poverty, etc. A lot of the blame lies squarely with DeBlasio and City Council. He/they have decriminalized many quality of life crimes- things that were nothing more than a desk appearance ticket. Public urination, open containers, littering, etc. They are now civil summonses and most cops just won't bother to write those tickets. The police are retiring in droves and they are not filling/funding replacements.

I was a kid in the Bronx during the crack years and a young adult under Giuliani. By no means am I fan, but NYC made great strides back in the 90s. IIRC crime was down close to 60%. Sure, arrests and incarcerations were up but we finally had a measure of safety in many communities. Nearly every time my Citizen App goes off, it's another shooting, stabbing, physical assault, murder, death, rape. Like the old days where the cover of every Daily News relayed horrific crimes taking place. Every local new channel reported the THOUSDANDS of murders.
    qwerty, lindsaywhit and BITTER like this.

I feel bad about DeBlasio's shortcomings, because he is an SJW in the best sense of the word. But has a mayor it sounds like he is flopping.

What are his re-election chances at this point?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I feel bad about DeBlasio's shortcomings, because he is an SJW in the best sense of the word. But has a mayor it sounds like he is flopping.

What are his re-election chances at this point?
    He can’t run in 2021 due to term limits. He’s frankly been a terrible mayor.

Here’s a perfect example of how he’s mismanaged. He gave $1 billion in city funds to his wife’s mental health charity. She/the organization cannot account for $850 million of it.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information