Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Chrissy Teigen Suffers Miscarriage Following Hospitalization

Default Chrissy Teigen Suffers Miscarriage Following Hospitalization

Chrissy Teigen Suffers Miscarriage Following Hospitalization

Chrissy Teigen revealed she's suffered a miscarriage after being hospitalized for "excessive bleeding." Read her statement below.

By CYDNEY CONTRERAS SEP 30, 2020 11:11 PMTAGS

Related: Chrissy Teigen Undergoes Blood Transfusion During Pregnancy

Chrissy Teigen has suffered a miscarriage following a recent hospitalization for "excessive bleeding."

The cookbook author shared the news on social media, writing, "We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we've never felt before. We were never able to stop the bleeding and give our baby the fluids he needed, despite bags and bags of blood transfusions. It just wasn't enough."

"We never decide on our babies' names until the last possible moment after they're born, just before we leave the hospital. But we, for some reason, had started to call this little guy in my belly Jack. So he will always be Jack to us. Jack worked so hard to be a part of our little family, and he will be, forever," her statement continued. "To our Jack—I'm so sorry that the first few moments of your life were met with so many complications, that we couldn't give you the home you needed to survive. We will always love you."

PHOTOS
    Chrissy Teigen & John Legend's Cutest Family Moments

She added, "We are so grateful for the life we have, for our wonderful babies Luna and Miles, for all the amazing things we've been able to experience. But everyday can't be full of sunshine. On this darkest of days, we will grieve, we will cry our eyes out. But we will hug and love each other harder and get through it.

Chrissy and husband John Legend revealed they were expecting their third child in his music video for the song "Wild." The announcement came as a surprise since the star previously conceived their two children, Luna and Miles, through IVF treatments.

Instagram
    But as the star said of her previous pregnancy woes, "... what they say so often can be true. When you give up on trying, life has a way of surprising you."

Then, in early Sept., the star said her doctor informed her she would need to go on bed rest for two weeks. She said of her plans, "I'm taking this time to learn how to sew capes and kid clothes so s--t is about to get... astonishingly ugly."

It was while she was on bed rest that she accidentally revealed they were expecting a boy.

Then, two weeks of bed rest turned into three and she was eventually hospitalized for "excessive bleeding," as she shared on Instagram on Sept. 28. She noted that she was still in good spirits, which made it hard for the star "to come to terms with" the state of her pregnancy.

"I guess in the simplest of terms, we can say my placenta is really, really weak," Chrissy explained. "I feel really good. The baby is so healthy, growing stronger than Luna or Miles. He moves a lot. He moves so much earlier than they ever did."

She continued, "He's strong. I'm so excited for him because he's so wonderful, the strongest little dude. So, I can't wait for him. But basically, he's the strongest coolest dude in the s--ttiest house. His house is just falling apart. It didn't have a good foundation to begin with."

John also noted his excitement, calling her pregnancy a "quarantine surprise" in an August interview with Today. He told Craig Melvin, "We're very excited and we're grateful for all the well wishes that we've gotten from people all around the world."
    https://www.eonline.com/news/1193767...dium=link-post

chrissyteigenVerified

• chrissyteigen
      Verified

We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we’ve never felt before. We were never able to stop the bleeding and give our baby the fluids he needed, despite bags and bags of blood transfusions. It just wasn’t enough.
      We never decide on our babies’ names until the last possible moment after they’re born, just before we leave the hospital. But we, for some reason, had started to call this little guy in my belly Jack. So he will always be Jack to us. Jack worked so hard to be a part of our little family, and he will be, forever.

I can't imagine how traumatic this is, but I did leave out one of the photos on Twitter where it appears she and John Legend are posing with the deceased baby (who is completely covered up) and I'm not judging anyone or how they deal with grief but I simultaneously don't even know how to feel about that.

Also, people are saying this is not a miscarriage since the baby is over 20 weeks, but I just copied and pasted the article and headline.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I feel bad for them, but the posed photos are all a bit much. I get that some people share everything online, but they should keep some things private.

From what I've learned from the Ob-Gyn's I work with, under 24 weeks is considered a miscarriage, 24 weeks and over is a fetal demise. Parents will be given the fetus for burial if it is 24 weeks or more, don't know what happens with those under 24 weeks...
    Waterslide likes this.

@ Jadestone That's the thing. I can understand in a moment of despair and grief thinking that sharing photos like that would be cathartic, but once you put them out into the world, you can't take them back. I think this is what comes of living your life in a constant spotlight. You lose sight of the things that really should just belong to you and your family. I also know that Chrissy has to realize how polarizing she is and that she is aware that people are just going to crawl out of the woodwork to throw hate at all of this.

@Moongirl, thanks for the info. People were all up in arms about it because people are always all up in arms over something. The baby died. That's bad enough.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

The photos do seem a bit unnecessary, but still, this is sad.

It's very sad. I don't think they even know what they are doing at the moment. RIP to baby Jack.
    Sarzy, fgg, crayzeehappee and 4 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

So sad. Can't imagine how painful it is.

It's a terrible tragedy. My only thought if their photos make them relatable to others that have gone through a similar experience and brought them peace, then it's worth it.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    It's a terrible tragedy. My only thought if their photos make them relatable to others that have gone through a similar experience and brought them peace, then it's worth it.

my thought as well
    they bare the realness of the pain felt so people can truly understand and show compassion and sympathy <3

Ugh, that picture of her on the table brought back awful memories of my own experience. The trauma of delivering a baby that has passed is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. My heart breaks for them.

I don't know much about these two but I know they've always been open about their IVF/pregnancy journey and as someone who has experienced a loss like this AND has gone through IVF both can be so, so isolating, embarrassing, sad, scary...

So I can appreciate that they are sharing because as someone who chose not to share and to stay as quite as possible about both, it does bring a little comfort knowing there are others out there who know this pain.

Also just for info, when I lost my baby at 20 weeks I was offered opportunities to hold/have blessings/the other things that hospital did for infant loss parents. However I also HAD to deliver whereas at that point some women depending on the situation/gestational age/state can choose to have a D&C type procedure which would mean there would be no physical baby in the end.

I mentioned this way back in another thread, but I have a coworker who miscarried 25+ weeks into her pregnancy. The umbilical cord strangled it. She delivered it and they had a viewing and funeral. I was at the viewing. It was very surreal because there was the baby, out for everyone to see. Very crowded viewing, too, with wall-to-wall people. The mom is an incredibly well-liked, resilient person. I don't think I could ever guess how someone is going to handle an event like this.
    BITTER, weathered1 and Solene like this.

I feel badly for them. So tragic.

In general she's too extra for my tastes and tends to overshare, but if this helps her (or helps others) then more power to them.

I made the mistake of reading some of the comments. I was even more horrified than I was after I made the mistake of reading comments (pro-trump morons) after the debate. It never fails to astound me as to how cruel people can be. It's honestly terrifying - the realization that we have to share a planet with people who are this disgusting.
    Last edited by firebrat1229; October 1st, 2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: grammar
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Some of the photos are very uncomfortable to look at because they make me feel voyeuristic, like I am looking at something that should be private. But still absolutely no reason for cruel comments, those are just disgusting.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I feel bad for them, but the posed photos are all a bit much. I get that some people share everything online, but they should keep some things private.
    Yeah, a quick post would have sufficed. This is milking it.

Gary Barlow and his wife supposedly post about his wife's stillbirth every year on the anniversary. A bit much.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information