Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Nicole Young seeking close to $2M in monthly spousal support from Dr. Dre

fgg

Default Nicole Young seeking close to $2M in monthly spousal support from Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre’s estranged wife, Nicole Young, is seeking nearly $2 million per month in spousal support — as well as $5 million in legal fees — according to new court documents filed Thursday in the epic divorce battle between the hip hop mogul and Young.

Attorneys for Young claim in California court papers that Dre should pay $1,936,399 in monthly support, and allege that Young’s having trouble paying her bills since her marriage of 24 years broke up, and Dre controls all their assets. The court papers further allege that the rap star kicked Young out of their 43,000-square-foot Brentwood mansion, April 1, “in the middle of the night” and “in a drunken rage.” And that he banished Young to their Malibu beach home, but then threatened to sell it, and texted her, “Do not spend one more cent… You can’t be mean and disrespectful and spend my hard-earned money. F–k that!”

The papers paint Dre (aka Andre Young) as a control freak who “forced” Young to sign a pre-nup on their wedding day “under extreme duress.” The couple has been battling over the pre-nup since filing for divorce in June.

Young also alleges Dre has blocked her AmEx charges.

The papers assert that Young — who does not work, but claims she “played an important role” in Dre’s career and “was integral” to naming his hit record label Aftermath — should enjoy the same lifestyle she did before the split. Young wants the support to begin retroactively from Sept. 1. The documents reveal their lavish lifestyle — including five LA residences, multimillion-dollar private jet and yacht trips, numerous luxury cars, and an army of staff including a private chef, 12 security guards, 7 housekeepers, and more.

The documents also accuse Dre of engaging in a scorched earth campaign of costly litigation against Young, and claim he’s stonewalling her team over revealing his finances. His lawyers have alleged that Young has refused to turn over his belongings from the Malibu home where she’s staying, including his golf clubs, a motorcycle, and a registered handgun.

But Young fires back in court papers that, with his $1 billion worth, Dre can afford to buy replacements. She also said Dre sent his brother-in-law with no warning to pick up his “Glock,” but she wouldn’t give it to him, and claims Dre has sent her texts that, “caused me to feel afraid and extremely uneasy.”

Young also alleges that Dre agreed to go to counseling, and stop drinking, to patch up their relationship, but did not follow up on the promises. The couple have three grown kids.

Young is being repped in the case by LA power attorney Samantha Spector, while Dre’s lawyer is another celebrity go-to, Laura Wasser.

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/03/nicol...t-from-dr-dre/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

2 million??

GTFO Nobody needs 2 million a month

She was married to Dr. Dre for a long time. She deserves this and more.
    OITNB, Galina 'Red' Reznikov:
    You want to assassinate someone, vision is a basic requirement. It's like: step one: pick a person to kill. Step two: kill THAT person.

She's been married to him for 24 years. Don't most pre-nups have a clause that lets most of the terms expire after a certain number of years? She also has two children with him. It seems like journalistic malpractice to leave out information like that.

I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, that is an obscene amount of money per month. Especially as wealth disparity is a huge issue right now. However, I totally see the other side that people have already mentioned. She essentially was at his beck and call for a quarter of a century and the man is worth one BILLION dollars. I mean, dude, throw the woman a buttload of money and be done with it. In these cases, I would almost rather just settle with her for like a giant lump sum of money, like 100 million (which is about 4 years worth in terms of what she is asking) and if she blows through it too fast, well then that's on her. Because then that obligation is just severed up front and she can't come back asking for an increase or more allowances.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Given his history of treating women like shit - including the time he beat up a female journalist for “disrespecting” him, I hope she takes half of everything he’s got. But even if he wasn’t an asshole, she was married to him for 24 years and is entitled to half.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^^THIS!
    Half of his money seems fair to me.
    Novice and Honeythorn like this.
    OITNB, Galina 'Red' Reznikov:
    You want to assassinate someone, vision is a basic requirement. It's like: step one: pick a person to kill. Step two: kill THAT person.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    She's been married to him for 24 years. Don't most pre-nups have a clause that lets most of the terms expire after a certain number of years? She also has two children with him. It seems like journalistic malpractice to leave out information like that.
    The article says she has three adult children with him. The horror of having to put up with him! She deserves every million.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I agree with all of you guys. I was reading some stuff on California divorce laws and prenuptials, and apparently California is very strict about how everything is set up, or the prenuptial would not be enforceable. I believe this is why she was saying she was forced to sign a prenup under duress right before the wedding. That would mean with out legal representation present on both sides to review. If that were actually the case, from what I've read, he is toast and she will get half.

czb

actually, we were told before we married NOT to have a prenup unless it was signed months before we walking down the aisle. i can't remember how many months. we tried to get a prenup in place a few months before we married and we were told it was too late - it might be ruled invalid as the prenup would have been considered to be signed under duress. so unless something is odd, nicole should be able to get the prenup thrown out.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    actually, we were told before we married NOT to have a prenup unless it was signed months before we walking down the aisle. i can't remember how many months. we tried to get a prenup in place a few months before we married and we were told it was too late - it might be ruled invalid as the prenup would have been considered to be signed under duress. so unless something is odd, Nicole should be able to get the prenup thrown out.
    Another factor here is that it looks like he has two children from a previous marriage or relationship. I was reading that a lot of prenup's are actually established to ensure children like that have their financial interests protected. The reason I'm bringing this up is that I would think the prenup would be even more complex and definitely would have to have been established a lot earlier.

I thought that anything after 10 yrs in CA was community property & that's why tiny Tom cruise filed for divot9 years & 364 days in to their marriage....

fgg

Dr. Dre’s estranged wife, Nicole Young, files bombshell lawsuit against him

What’s in a name? Plenty if you’re a famous rap mogul.

Dr. Dre’s estranged wife, Nicole Young, is suing the Beats impresario in California court, claiming that she co-owns the trademark to his name — as well as his landmark album, “The Chronic.” She further alleges in court papers that Dre “secretly” transferred the valuable trademarks to a holding company after, she claims, he kicked her out of their home earlier this year.

Young’s being repped in the case by LA power attorney Bryan J. Freedman, whose clients have included Gabrielle Union and Megyn Kelly in their disputes with NBC. In court documents, Nicole’s team alleges that Dre was, “caught secretly transferring valuable trademarks he owned with his wife … to a newly created asset holding company that he created and controlled after he expelled his wife from their home, and before he threatened to file divorce.”

The papers, exclusively obtained by Page Six, allege that, “Two days after the threat, Nicole had no choice and initiated divorce proceedings. Andre’s transparent and reprehensible scheme to transfer these assets away, without Nicole’s knowledge or consent, so he could retain more for himself in a divorce from his wife of 24 years, and the mother of his three children, is an epic failure and reveals the true nature of his character, or lack thereof.”

Page Six previously reported that Dre (born Andre Young) and Nicole are battling over a prenup, and that Nicole has asked for $2 million per month in spousal support after outlining the couple’s lavish lifestyle in court docs.

She now alleges in the latest suit that: “After Andre forced Nicole out of their family home on or about April 2, 2020, he quickly plotted to secretly transfer their assets, to deny Nicole her equal share.” And that, “These valuable Trademarks were filed during Andre’s years married to Nicole, which coincided with Andre’s years of rising success in the music industry. The Trademarks are presumed to be community property pursuant to California Family Code Section 760. Because they were married, Nicole and Andre owned the Trademarks jointly, from the date of their first filing in 1997, and through 2013, by virtue of being community property owners.”

The filing alleges that, “Andre now purports to own the Trademarks in full.”

Nicole’s team wants the trademarks to be put in a trust, and she’s suing for damages and legal fees. She previously also asked a court for $5 million in legal fees to fight her divorce case — indicating it will be an epically costly case.

Reps for Dre did not immediately comment. He is being repped in his divorce by celebrity power lawyer Laura Wasser.

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/18/dr-dr...t-against-him/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Why are men such dumbasses? They shoot themselves in the foot so unbelievably often when it comes to their behavior in splits/divorces it's unreal. And some of them have the nerve to call women the emotional/unstable gender.

I guess when you see you're going to get fucked out of a lot of money and you're pissed off enough (and you're an asshole) you just go for broke and act a complete fool.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information