Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt still aren't divorced!

Default Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt still aren't divorced!

Angelina Jolie wants judge removed in Brad Pitt divorce

LOS ANGELES — Angelina Jolie asked Monday that the private judge overseeing her divorce from Brad Pitt be disqualified from the case because of insufficient disclosures of his business relationships with one of Pitt’s attorneys.

In a filing in Los Angeles Superior Court, Jolie argues that Judge John W. Ouderkirk should be taken off the divorce case that she filed in 2016 because he was too late and not forthcoming enough about other cases he was hired for involving Pitt attorney Anne C. Kiley.

It says that during the Jolie-Pitt proceedings, Ouderkirk has “failed to disclose the cases that demonstrated the current, ongoing, repeat-customer relationship between the judge and Respondent’s counsel.”

It goes on to say that Pitt’s attorney “actively advocated for Judge Ouderkirk’s financial interests in moving — over the opposing party’s opposition — to have his appointment (and his ability to continue to receive fees) extended in a high profile case.”

An email to Kiley and Pitt’s lead attorney Lance Spiegel seeking comment was not immediately returned.

Pitt and Jolie, like other high-profile couples, are paying for a private judge in their divorce case to keep many of its filings and the personal and financial details within them sealed, though some legal moves must be made within standard court procedure.

Jolie’s filing emphasizes that a private judge must follow the same rules of disclosure and conflict of interest that other judges must.

The filing says “it doesn’t matter if Judge Ouderkirk is actually biased. Under California law disqualification is required so long as a person aware of the facts ‘might reasonably entertain a doubt’ about Judge Ouderkirk’s ability to remain impartial.”

Jolie’s attorneys have sought in private proceedings to have Ouderkirk disqualify himself, but the filing says Pitt’s side has insisted on keeping him.

Pitt and Jolie were declared divorced, and the Pitt was dropped from her name, in April 2019, after their lawyers asked for a bifurcated judgment, meaning that two married people can be declared single while other issues, including finances and child custody, remain.

Because most of the documents have been sealed, it is not clear what issues remain unresolved, but Jolie filed papers in 2018 saying Pitt wasn’t paying sufficient child support, which his attorneys disputed, calling the filing an effort to manipulate media coverage of the split.

Jolie, 44, and Pitt, 56, were a couple for 12 years and married for two when Jolie filed for divorce in 2016. They have six children.

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/10/angel...rom-brad-pitt/

The original thread was closed, probably because this divorce has been going on since 2016!

Heh, so they've been divorcing for longer than they were actually married.
    czb, tulip, Kittylady and 2 others like this.

Ridiculous. Those attorneys are making bank off of these morons.
    rollo, pinkbunnyslippers and holly like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

fgg

Angelina Jolie’s judge-jockeying in custody case an attempt to stall

Angelina Jolie has asked to remove the private judge overseeing her protracted divorce and child-custody battle with Brad Pitt.

The actress argues that Judge John W. Ouderkirk should be disqualified from their divorce case, filed in 2016. Lawyers for Jolie filed a motion in Los Angeles Superior Court alleging that the judge was not forthcoming enough about other cases he presided over that involved Pitt’s attorney, Anne C. Kiley.

The papers state that during the Jolie-Pitt proceedings, Ouderkirk has allegedly “failed to disclose the cases that demonstrated the current, ongoing, repeat-customer relationship between the judge and [Pitt’s] counsel.”

However, a source close to the case said this was a delay tactic by Jolie, because she believed things weren’t going in her favor. The source said the main issue is custody of their kids and her request for more child support.

The source said, “Jolie is basically trying to fire the private judge overseeing their divorce case. She has every right to do this, but if she thought she was in a good place in this legal proceeding, she wouldn’t need to do it. This is a classic case of someone expecting a bad decision trying to delay the process by asking for a new referee.” Judge Ouderkirk could not be reached, and lawyers for Jolie and Pitt didn’t get back to us.

The source added that Jolie’s move is unusual: While Pitt’s team has sought to keep the same judge, ensuring personal details divulged in the case are kept private, Jolie is now involving a public court and is delaying anything getting resolved. “This is about how much time Brad gets with the kids, how does sharing time with the kids work … This divorce has been going on for four years, for goodness’ sake.”

Jolie, 45, and Pitt, 56, were a couple for 12 years and married for two when Jolie filed for divorce in 2016. They were declared divorced last year when their lawyers asked for a bifurcated judgment, meaning that they were declared single while other issues, including finances and child custody, remain. They have six children.

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/10/angel...empt-to-stall/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Good god. I don't know how it works with a private judge (or a public one for that matter) but isn't custody pretty much 50/50 nowadays? And child support a formula? Why can't the judge just order these two into a deal?

I wonder if it's more complicated because Pitt did not legally adopt the Mad, Pax and Z. I know they changed their names but I thought it was rumored they were not officially adopted by Pitt. I guess that would throw a wrench in things if Pitt wanted custody of kids that aren't legally his.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

czb

the formula applies to we peasants. richies can go through a closed/private court process. i'm assuming that jolie applied for 100% physical custody citing the fight on the plane with brad.

It sounds like they are divorced, as in legally single, but they're just working out the custody and financial division. Which is still ridiculous after all this time. Those kids are all going to be legal adults before this is over.
    crayzeehappee and Sarzy like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

According to Lainey:
    ...because the way she and her people see it, it can’t be going in her favour if there’s a conflict of interest, if the judge is in business with Brad’s lawyers.
    If that is true, Angelina does have a point here.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

She seems like an incredibly controlling person. Brad should cut his losses and run. Kidding, of course , but damn.
    DawnM74 and garysgirl1999 like this.

I do not know the particulars of any part of this, but I have to say I don't get how divorce and custody works. People have their kids taken away from them for abuse and neglect and don't have this many problems seeing their children again and regaining custody. I know there was The Airport Incident, but was Brad systematically abusing all the kids? I mean, maybe he was, but it doesn't seem like it to me. I have no horses in this race, but it also seems like this is not the easiest way to go from point A to point B and one of the parents appears to be derailing this more than the other. I could be wrong.

This would make sense if he did indeed not formally adopt some of the kids as CFG said, and if so, that was dumb on his part.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

The fact that she was accused of parental alienation a few years ago seems to signal to me that she isn't willing to give any ground and will try any and all legal ways to get her desired outcome, even if it's not in the best interest of her children.

^She was? I missed that or had forgotten it.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

palta likes this.

She's spinning it out forever for spite, money and fame. Some high proflie divorces are the last hurrah.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information