Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 7 Post By sputnik

Thread: Nick Cannon Dropped by ViacomCBS After Making Anti-Semitic Comments

Default Nick Cannon Dropped by ViacomCBS After Making Anti-Semitic Comments

Nick Cannon Dropped by ViacomCBS After Making Anti-Semitic Comments

By Jordan Moreau

Ryan Pfluger for Variety

ViacomCBS is ending its long-running relationship with Nick Cannon after he made anti-Semitic comments on his podcast.
    In the June 30 episode of “Cannon’s Class,” the actor and TV host interviewed Professor Griff, a rapper who was a part of Public Enemy before leaving the group after making anti-Semitic remarks.

On the podcast, Cannon said Black people are the “true Hebrews” and talked about anti-Semitic conspiracy theories involving the Rothschild family.
    “It’s never hate speech, you can’t be anti-Semitic when we are the Semitic people,” Cannon said. “When we are the same people who they want to be. That’s our birthright. We are the true Hebrews.”

A ViacomCBS spokesperson released a statement to Variety, saying that the company’s relationship with Cannon is now terminated.

“ViacomCBS condemns bigotry of any kind and we categorically denounce all forms of anti-Semitism. We have spoken with Nick Cannon about an episode of his podcast ‘Cannon’s Class’ on YouTube, which promoted hateful speech and spread anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. While we support ongoing education and dialogue in the fight against bigotry, we are deeply troubled that Nick has failed to acknowledge or apologize for perpetuating anti-Semitism, and we are terminating our relationship with him. We are committed to doing better in our response to incidents of anti-Semitism, racism, and bigotry. ViacomCBS will have further announcements on our efforts to combat hate of all kinds,” the company said.

On Monday, Cannon said on Twitter and Facebook that he has “no hate in my heart nor malice intentions” and doesn’t condone hate speech. He also said that he holds himself “accountable for this moment” and takes full responsibility for his actions.

https://twitter.com/NickCannon/statu...-1234706748%2F

https://twitter.com/NickCannon/statu...-1234706748%2F

Cannon has had a relationship with Viacom since he was an actor on Nickelodeon in the ’90s. He’s also hosted the sketch comedy show “Wild ‘n Out,” which aired on MTV and VH1 since 2005. More recently, he’s been known as the host of “The Masked Singer” on Fox and hosted “America’s Got Talent” on NBC from 2009-2016. He’s also launching a syndicated daytime talk show in September with Debmar-Mercury.

source: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/nic...st-1234706748/

I don't know why it ends with a plug for his new project.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Ugh, I'll probably get flamed for this because I know he can be a shit stirrer but I really like Nick so this is disappointing (disappointing in what he said and that they cut ties with him).

oh god not the rothschild shit again. they're the original george soros in terms of jewish target of insane, anti-semitic conspiracy theories by people who are equal parts ignorant, bigoted and paranoid.
    if it's the same thing i'm thinking, my idiot former friend i mentioned here on another thread, posted this crap on her facebook too, along with some warning about how it's just a matter of time before facebook and everyone else deletes and 'censors' it because these idiots also think they're freedom fighters for THE TRUTH NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR (i.e. the jews and their secret cabal are behind everything) and everyone is out to get them and silence them. and anyone sane with even a basic level of education would look at that and laugh but i guess i took for granted that people had at least a basic grasp of history and politics, alas, the extent of people's ignorance and willingness to believe crap will never cease to amaze me. as my dad used to say, their ignorance is 'encyclopedic' because it extends to literally every single topic.
    i'll post screenshots of the shit this idiot posted on facebook in a bit.
    Last edited by sputnik; July 15th, 2020 at 07:42 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

As soon as I saw the name "Professor Griff", I knew that this was going to go down a bad path....

Thread Information