Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Kelly Preston dies aged 57 from breast cancer

Default Kelly Preston dies aged 57 from breast cancer

Kelly Preston dead: John Travolta’s wife dies aged 57

Kelly Preston, the actress married to John Travolta has died aged 57 after a private battle with breast cancer.

Kelly Preston, the actress married to John Travolta has died aged 57 after a private battle with breast cancer.

The actress had been battling breast cancer for two years, with a family representative confirming news of her death to People today.

“On the morning of July 12, 2020, Kelly Preston, adored wife and mother, passed away following a two-year battle with breast cancer,” a statement to the publication said.

“Choosing to keep her fight private, she had been undergoing medical treatment for some time, supported by her closest family and friends.

“She was a bright, beautiful and loving soul who cared deeply about others and who brought life to everything she touched. Her family asks for your understanding of their need for privacy at this time.”
    Her husband John Travolta paid tribute to his wife on Instagram on Monday afternoon with a heartbreaking post.

“It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that my beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer,” he posted.

“She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many. My family and I will forever be grateful to her doctors and nurses at MD Anderson Cancer Center, all the medical centers that have helped, as well as her many friends and loved ones who have been by her side. Kelly’s love and life will always be remembered.

“I will be taking some time to be there for my children who have lost their mother, so forgive me in advance if you don’t hear from us for a while. But please know that I will feel your outpouring of love in the weeks and months ahead as we heal.”

Preston was born Kelly Kamalelehua Smith on October 13, 1962, in Hawaii. She briefly lived in Australia as a teenager, where she attended Pembroke School in Adelaide.

She launched her acting career in 1985 with her first major movie role in Mischief after several minor roles in television shows, including For Love and Honor.

In the next few years, Preston starred in films such as SpaceCamp (1986), Twins (1988), Jerry Maguire (1996) and For Love of the Game (1999).

Preston’s final film role was in the 2018 film Gotti in which she played Victoria Gotti, the wife of Mafia boss John Gotti, who was portrayed on screen by Travolta.

Preston is survived by Travolta and their children Ella, 20, and nine-year-old son Benjamin

The couple’s son Jett died at age 16 in January 2009 after suffering a seizure at the family’s holiday house in the Bahamas.

Preston with her late son Jett Travolta and daughter Ella. Jett, 16, was found unconscious during a family holiday in 2009. Picture: AFP

“It’s the worst thing that’s ever happened in my life,” the 64-year-old told Us Weekly last year.

“The truth is, I didn’t know if I was going to make it.”

A house caretaker found Jett unconscious in a bathroom after hitting his head. He was taken by ambulance to a Freeport hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The teen, the oldest child of Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston, had a history of seizures.

In 2003, Preston told Montel Williams that when Jett was 2 years old he became very ill before being diagnosed with Kawasaki disease, a condition that can cause inflammation of the arteries.

Travolta credited the Church of Scientology for helping him cope with the family tragedy.

“The church never left our side for two years,” said Travolta. “I don’t know if I would have made it through without their support.”

The magazine revealed that he and Preston were devout followers of Scientology.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...b934aed28cf5cb

Waterslide likes this.

Wow. I don't even know what to say.

I'm sort of surprised by the admission she'd been going to doctors for two years for this.

I thought that she was the one who really wanted to adhere to Scientology and he didn't but he didn't want to be a SP and not see his kids? Or was that just a baseless blind?

Regardless, this is going to have quite a toll on John and I wonder what other fallout there may be.

I feel bad for Ella and Benjamin.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

That's sad, I feel really sorry for her kids too.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Wow. I don't even know what to say.

I'm sort of surprised by the admission she'd been going to doctors for two years for this.

I thought that she was the one who really wanted to adhere to Scientology and he didn't but he didn't want to be a SP and not see his kids? Or was that just a baseless blind?

Regardless, this is going to have quite a toll on John and I wonder what other fallout there may be.

I feel bad for Ella and Benjamin.
    It's only the poor members who are encouraged to avoid doctors, apparently. It seems that the rich and famous can have as much medical treatment or PS as they want. I guess the $cilons don't want a single penny of the regulars money going to doctors rather auditing.
    Brookie and Waterslide like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Wow, this is a shocker.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

RIP.
    That's shocking.
    Poor John, he already had this sadness around him before, he had alot of losses.
    Diana Hyland died from breast cancer, too.

This is very sad. RIP.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

My heart goes out to the family. So very sad.

My first thought when I saw her death was that I hope that she wasn't treated by Scientology. I too am shocked she went to doctors. RIP

Does Scientology actively discourage all doctors? I thought it was just psychiatrists. (Not arguing, genuinely curious, because that's not the kind of thing they own up to, is it?)

Oh - and fuck off, breast cancer.
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; July 13th, 2020 at 07:22 AM.

This is sad. The Cat in the Hat was a favorite movie when my kids were young. I feel bad for her family.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Wow, they sure kept this quiet. I don't think there was ever a hint she was sick. I also thought about Diana Hyland.

It's sad John will have to raise that boy alone, who is only 9. Far too young to lose your mother.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm so shocked. I feel very sad for John and his family. What a horrible thing to have to go through. She always seemed like a lovely woman. RIP.
    HeartShapedBox likes this.

czb

i don't know about scienos discouraging medical treatments, but they took kelly to one of the premier oncology centers in the country.

this poor family. but i wonder how long it takes john to come out. yeah, i said it.
    Trixie, sputnik, aggie and 7 others like this.

Very sad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information