• 8 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 3 Post By qwerty
  • 1 Post By Kittylady
  • 2 Post By Sarzy
  • 7 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By Novice
  • 2 Post By Sarzy
  • 3 Post By Novice

Thread: Jodie Comer has a Trump loving boyfriend and is now being canceled on social media.

Default Jodie Comer has a Trump loving boyfriend and is now being canceled on social media.

Jodie Comer and lacrosse player beau James Burke pack up the car in rainy Liverpool after he meets Killing Eve star's parents... following revelations she is 'very much in love' with the wealthy American despite backlash over his 'support for Trump'

Killing Eve star Jodie, 27, was this week revealed to be dating American lacrosse player James Burke, 27

Burke is believed to have been staying in Liverpool during lockdown to spend time with the Killing Eve actress
    Neighbours at Comer's parents' home say there have seen him at the property several times in the last few weeks - and seen her mother Donna waving them off
    Comer, who split up from an unnamed long-term boyfriend in March last year, has recently opened up about her blossoming love life, saying: 'I'm very much in it [love]. I think love's the best!'
    Her new man is from Duxbury, Massachusetts, where he grew up in an impressive 1.2million family home with his two younger brothers
    Burke attended Duxbury High School before studying communication arts and sciences at Penn State University.

A video, reportedly from Jodie's account but tagged with James' Instagram username, showed her singing in the back of a car. Some of her fans were upset when screenshots from his alleged Instagram account appeared to show he followed US president Donald Trump.

Official records in the US also reportedly show that James is a registered Republican voter, although many members of the party strongly oppose Mr Trump.

Some Twitter users criticised Jodie for dating James after jumping to the conclusion without any evidence that he must be a Trump supporter.

They have called for her to be 'cancelled', claiming that her public support for the Black Lives Matter movement and LGBT rights and the fact that her character Villanelle is bisexual, are at odds with any Republican beliefs.

One tweeted: 'Jodie Comer if you're reading this, you can't play a gay character and call yourself an ally when you're dating a Republican, you disgusting piece of s***.'

Another posted: 'Jodie Comer dating a Trump supporter, while she's portraying an LGBT character... is not only wrong but disgusting. Also her posts about BLM now look like performance activism.'

But others have defended the actress, with one writing: 'So without any actual evidence the internet is 'cancelling' another celebrity. Worms for brains.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Liverpool.html

I'm skimming through this but I know lots of registered Republicans who hate Trump and I know the article touches on that as an afterthought, but wow is cancel culture tiring.

Also, there has been lots of LGBT denying from that show...ie, Villanelle and Eve aren't "really" in any kind of romantic or sexual entanglement even though it is highly teased that they are but i guess that's beside the point.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

How is she being cancelled? I don't get it.
    Novice likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Cancel culture is tiring and ridiculous in some cases and I just can't with this BS.

Social justice warriors are starting to turn me into a conservative! Not really but fuck, I don't want to be associated with this nonsense.

ETA to Twitchy: I doubt she will be "cancelled" but that people are calling for it is stupid. Whomever she chooses to date is her business not to mention there is NO evidence this guy is a Trumper or whatever. But she plays a bisexual character so I guess that means that community can decide who she can date and what said date stands for. It's moronic.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I thought the problem was her posing in front of the Confederate flag (not the battle flag, the actual flag) at a party, not that she is dating a Republican.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

That's not what the article said.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Cancel culture is tiring and ridiculous in some cases and I just can't with this BS.

Social justice warriors are starting to turn me into a conservative! Not really but fuck, I don't want to be associated with this nonsense.

ETA to Twitchy: I doubt she will be "cancelled" but that people are calling for it is stupid. Whomever she chooses to date is her business not to mention there is NO evidence this guy is a Trumper or whatever. But she plays a bisexual character so I guess that means that community can decide who she can date and what said date stands for. It's moronic.
    Yes, couldn't agree more. This cancel culture is so divisive, intolerant and just plain mean.

My boyfriend and I have *mostly* different political beliefs but we respect one another and have interesting political discussions where we agree to disagree and no one gets hurt. And I don't agree with everyone's political views on this board at times - so what?

I hate identity politics and won't play the game.

It's like we now live in a world where everyone must conform to certain viewpoints or pay the consequences. Reminds me of when lived in Atlanta and was told by evangelical Christians that we could not be friends because I've not accepted Jesus into my heart. I'm a lapsed Catholic/spiritual not religious type and not ashamed to say so while respecting another's right to believe/practice whatever the hell they want. I didn't always get the same courtesy while living in the South. It was a good lesson for me.

Jamie Comer is actually dating a 24 year old upper middle class American kid from Duxbury, Massachusetts who played rugby or lacrosse at Penn State. Don't know what his politics are (should not be my business) but I'd be more concerned that he's still an immature frat boy a few years post college. Had my share of those in my twenties/early 30s. No thanks.
    Last edited by qwerty; July 9th, 2020 at 08:27 PM.
    DawnM74, CornFlakegrl and Sarzy like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I thought the problem was her posing in front of the Confederate flag (not the battle flag, the actual flag) at a party, not that she is dating a Republican.
    Wait, what? I never heard that.

Just googled the pic. She probably didn't know what it was but whoever placed it there did...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I looked up the picture in question, and I have to admit, that I, a hater of all things Confederate, did not know that was a Confederate flag. I only knew of the battle flag. I definitely would cut a Brit some slack unless there was more stuff going on that I didn't know about.

Regarding following Trump, he could be following him just for the sick amusement of it (hathos). I do think that serious battle lines are being drawn now. If someone is still devoted to this Administration after stuff that has come out over all this time, I have little to no respect for them.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I wouldn't have recognised it as a Confederate Flag.
    Novice likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I agree the whole cancel culture thing is stupid. Twitter is really getting on my nerves with all that crap.
    sputnik and DawnM74 like this.

On the flip side, seeing all the entitled people having consequences for racist/homophobic/etc outbursts is rather satisfying. Not many people are going to feel sorry for angry Costco guy losing his job.

The stuff in the article above though is just harassment.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Thank you Nicki! Every day is a school day!

I didn't know about that picture and I know that I would have never have recognised it as a Confederate flag.
    Given she's a Brit & we were part of the EU I doubt that it's in her consciousness as something bad as it is so very similar to the EU flag.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/gagaxojoa...350528/photo/1

The EU flag

That article with all the info about the bf is stalkerish & creepy.
    There are multiple photos taken with a long lense when they are going about their business in the front garden/on their drive which is private property.

The "cancel culture" hysteria is also ridiculous, there are gay people who are republican, there are POC that are republican (I'm not counting Kanye as he has mental health issues).
    I am sure that there are also republicans that both support BLM & Gays.

If they are so hysterical over a young actress (they're both 27) doing something in private why have they not exploded about JK Rowling's untenable stance on Trans lives....
    crayzeehappee likes this.

^ JK has had a ton of abuse on Twitter. Or do you mean the DM?
    DawnM74 and Novice like this.

All & everything!!! I saw some on twitter but she's medically & (IMHO) ethically wrong, it's getting to the Dr-Wakefield-Vacines-Cause-Autism scale

Thread Information