Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Sports Anchor Dan O'Toole Says 1-Month-Old Daughter Is Missing - Police not notified

Default Sports Anchor Dan O'Toole Says 1-Month-Old Daughter Is Missing - Police not notified

Sports Anchor Dan O'Toole Says 1-Month-Old Daughter Is Missing: 'Praying That Whoever Has You, Is Holding You'

Tim McGovern
    July 2, 2020, 10:11 PM EDT

Canadian sports anchor Dan O'Toole's 1-month-old daughter Oakland is missing, according to the host.
    Captioning a black-and-white photo of Oakland he shared on Instagram Thursday, O'Toole, 44, wrote, "My baby Oakland. Iím praying that whoever has you, is holding you. That whoever has taken you from me, is protecting you. That however has you, letís you come back into my arms."
    "I love you Oakland. I canít wait to one day hold you again," he added. "My heart is broken. I am broken. To be clear, Oakland is alive, we think. But we donít know. I have a one month old child, and I donít know where she is. ATTN: my amazing ex wife Corrie has NOTHING to do with this. Please leave her alone."
    In a statement, the Toronto Police Department tells PEOPLE, "At this moment, the Toronto Police Department does not have a report of a missing infant pertaining to Dan O'Toole. There also has been no amber alert issued pertaining to this inquiry."

O'Toole, who hosts the show SC with Jay and Dan on Canada's The Sports Network (TSN), announced Oakland's birth on May 26.
    Sharing a photo of the newborn, O'Toole wrote, "When you self isolate long enough, you get one of these as a door prize!!"
    "Meet Oakland Eleanor Sandra Newman-OíToole," he added. "My brand new lil girl who has a million names, and all of my heart. In case it was ever in doubt, now officially NEVER forgetting 2020."
    TSN did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...021124599.html
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Well damn, as soon as I posted this I read the baby was found safe with the mother, the " amazing ex wife Corrie has NOTHING to do with this. Please leave her alone."
    Brookie likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

What a cluster. Is the ex-wife the mother? He made it sound like it was his and only his baby.

WTF is going on? The police weren't notified, & the baby was with the mom (ex) he insisted was free of blame? No idea who this guy is, but what a strange situation. Glad the baby's okay.
    C_is_for_Cookie, fgg and tulip like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

"Oakland"? Have they reported yet on the whereabouts of her brother, "GreaterSanJose"?
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; July 4th, 2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: stupid smartphone....

The mother is not the ex and the child was with the biological mother the whole time. Is this guy some weird drama queen or something? No missing person report was filed. No, let's take to instagram and make statements so strangely worded that people wondered if he'd done away with the kid himself.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The mother is not the ex and the child was with the biological mother the whole time. Is this guy some weird drama queen or something? No missing person report was filed. No, let's take to instagram and make statements so strangely worded that people wondered if he'd done away with the kid himself.
    InstagrAmberalert.

He sounds like he's off his rocker.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

wait, what?
    glad the baby's alive but what is going on here? he does sound a little unhinged.

eta: this has a bit more info. this guy sounds like an idiot and a drama queen.

TSN star Dan O'Toole's infant daughter safe with mother, cops say

TSN sports anchors Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole. Handout / TSN

TSN personality Dan O’Toole’s one-month-old daughter is safe, Durham Regional Police say, after the sportscaster took to social media to say she had been “taken” from him.
    The post appeared on O’Toole’s Instagram account shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday alongside a black-and-white picture of the girl, Oakland Newman-O’Toole, wrapped in a blanket.
    “My baby Oakland. I’m praying that whoever has you, is holding you. That whoever has taken you from me, is protecting you. That however (sic) has you, let’s you come back into my arms,” the post reads. “I love you Oakland. I can’t wait to one day hold you again. My heart is broken. I am broken. To be clear, Oakland is alive, we think. But we don’t know. I have a one month old child, and I don’t know where she is.”

An Instagram post July 2, 2020 by Dan O’Toole.
    The post was later updated to clarify that his ex-wife was not involved in the situation. “ATTN: my amazing ex wife Corrie has NOTHING to do with this. Please leave her alone.”
    O’Toole co-stars on the nightly sports highlight/segments show SC with Jay and Dan alongside longtime TSN partner Jay Onrait.
    Late Thursday, a Global News reporter tweeted that Durham cops had located the infant safe with her mother.
    “There are no concerns for child’s safety at this point,” Travis Dhanraj tweeted.

However, O’Toole took to Twitter to criticize the handling of his daughter’s case.
    “Hey Travis. First off, this is not a Durham police matter. Secondly, should the police maybe call me first once my child has been found?” O’Toole tweeted.

Durham cops then posted on Twitter that the girl was with her biological mother in the Peterborough area.
    “We have looked into the social media post of a local resident/sports broadcaster regarding an alleged abduction of his baby daughter,” DRPS said.
    “Although this was not reported to us, we can confirm the baby has been/continues to be safe with her biological mother in the Peterborough area.”

O’Toole confirmed on Twitter that his daughter “has been found and is said to be safe.”
    “I still have not seen Oakland or held her. To those that have decided to attack me for fearing for my daughter’s safety, I don’t know what to say,” he wrote.

“I just hope that you never have to look in the eyes of your own children and tell them that you don’t know where their sister is or when they will ever see her again.
    “I am still broken,” he wrote. “I don’t know if any of us will ever be fixed. We just want our Oakland back.”

On Friday morning, O’Toole responded to criticism he had received for taking his custody issue to social media.
    “A 5 week old baby. 5 weeks. A child that was supposed to be in my care. 5 weeks old. I’ve still haven’t seen a picture of her, let alone held her. Yet my character called into question? Attacked. Defamed. People ‘question’ the story? I have no words. I’m done.”
    O’Toole announced the birth of his third daughter at the end of May.

“Meet Oakland Eleanor Sandra Newman-O’Toole,” read an Instagram post from his account on May 26.
    “My brand new lil girl who has a million names, and all of my heart. In case it was ever in doubt, no officially NEVER forgetting 2020.”

TSN Sporscaster Dan O’Toole, with his newborn daughter Oakland. Dan O'Toole / Instagram

Reached Thursday night via email, Scott Henderson, Bell Media vice-president communications, said the company would not be commenting on the matter.
    On Friday, Dave Selby with Durham Regional Police said there isn’t much to say about the O’Toole situation.
    “We looked into it and determined the infant was with the mother,” Selby said. “I can’t say much.”
    He said police would never say if a person was under investigation.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

he says he never held her so what is he holding in that pic? a stand-in?

i really do not understand.

Im confused.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Everybody, please keep Roger Stone's missing granddaughter "Poughkeepsie" in your prayers -- he just posted about it on Fetlife.

Bronze Member

Dude needs to adjust his meds.

Elite Member

This whole story is very odd. I think he needs some help. Something is off here.

I think he has issues with the baby's mama about his access to Oakland, and decided to 'flex' his celebrity power... which would make him a bully... and an asshole. But, you know, I'm just guessing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information