Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Winona Ryder Says Keanu Reeves Refused Direction to Verbally Abuse Her on Dracula Set

Default Winona Ryder Says Keanu Reeves Refused Direction to Verbally Abuse Her on Dracula Set

Winona Ryder Says Keanu Reeves Refused Direction to Verbally Abuse Her on Dracula Set

The actress claimed that director Francis Ford Coppola tried to "get all of them to yell things that would make me cry, but Keanu wouldn’t"

Winona Ryder is recounting a time when pal Keanu Reeves defended her against an alleged hurtful request from director Francis Ford Coppola.

In a new interview with The Sunday Times, the actress, 48, recalled shooting a scene for the 1992 film Bram Stoker's Dracula, where she was required to act in terror and shock.

When Coppola wanted more tears from her, Ryder said the director began shouting insults — including "You whore!" — to try to make her emotional. He also called on her male costars to join in, according to Ryder.

"To put it in context I’m supposed to be crying,” Ryder said. “Literally, Richard E. Grant, Anthony Hopkins, Keanu … Francis was trying to get all of them to yell things that would make me cry, but Keanu wouldn’t, Anthony wouldn’t. ... It just didn’t work."

She added: "I was, like, really? It kind of did the opposite."

The Stranger Things star said the shared experience led to her long-time kinship with Reeves, and that she and Coppola, now 81 — best known for the Godfather trilogy — are "good now." A rep for Coppola did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

https://people.com/movies/winona-ryd...4a38000139e52b
    sprynkles and Lalasnake like this.

When Coppola wanted more tears from her, Ryder said the director began shouting insults — including "You whore!" — to try to make her emotional. He also called on her male costars to join in, according to Ryder.

Also she said that Anthony Hopkins and Keanu didn't, but does that mean that Richard E Grant did?!
    BrickHouse, Lalasnake and holly like this.

I can't help but think that Richard E.. Grant yelling "You Whore" would actually be kind of amusing. She also had some really disturbing stuff to say about Mel Gibson.
    Neptunia, sputnik and Lalasnake like this.

What's funny is I don't think that would get me to cry at all. I'll probably burst out laughing if they did that.
    Neptunia, Mivvi21, Ravenna and 9 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

"You whore! You c*nt! You Gossiprocker!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I can't help but think that Richard E.. Grant yelling "You Whore" would actually be kind of amusing. She also had some really disturbing stuff to say about Mel Gibson.
    Especially with his posh accent!

I just hope that if Coppola was shouting insults at Winona to get some emotion out of her, they had Grant & Hopkins shouting "You Whore" at Keanu during the entire shoot since that lovely man can't emote at all!
    Lalasnake likes this.

Yeah, I found the Mel Gibson remarks definitely more disturbing than this. "Oven dodger." Apparently Gibson is denying it. Ok, sugar tits.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Oven dodger? I literally sat here for 2 minutes marveling what that could mean. And then it hit me.
    WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE IS MEL GIBSON? I mean, obviously he is an asshole, but this is a whole new dimension of that.

Whenever some a-hole wants to tell me that Jews run Hollywood, I'm just going to say, "Explain Mel Gibson".

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Mel Gibson is nothing more than a shart on Hollywood's underpants to me these days.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yeah, I found the Mel Gibson remarks definitely more disturbing than this. "Oven dodger." Apparently Gibson is denying it. Ok, sugar tits.
    I can't believe he's denying it! Winona has mentioned that comment in a few interviews over the years, I don't think he's ever denied it before. It's such a specific comment and sounds like something he'd say. Nothing has ever been done about it either, he just keeps getting movies, it's disgusting.
    tulip and Lalasnake like this.

Apparently Mel also asked a gay man if he would catch AIDS just from being near him. Mel is disgusting and needs to go crawl into the cave of shame and stay there.
    Kittylady and Lalasnake like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Mel. What a cruel ignoramus. How can someone be so full of self righteousness?

I would stand in line to have richard e grant call me a whore in his bitchiest, most vicious voice. and then i'd die of laughter. he's a legend.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I would stand in line to have richard e grant call me a whore in his bitchiest, most vicious voice. and then i'd die of laughter. he's a legend.
    It would kind of be like a coronation, coming from Richard.
    sputnik, Kittylady, tulip and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information