Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Danny Masterson charged with raping 3 women

Default Danny Masterson charged with raping 3 women

That '70s Show star and Scientologist Danny Masterson has been charged with three counts of rape, officials said Wednesday.

Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey announced the actor has been charged with forcibly raping three women in separate incidents between 2001 and 2003.

Masterson, 44, stands accused of raping a 23-year-old woman between January and December 2001, according to the complaint.

He also accused of raping a 28-year-old woman in April 2003 and sometime between October and December of that year of raping a woman, 23, who officials say he had invited to his Hollywood Hills home.

Masterson, who also starred in Netflix's 'The Ranch', has been charged with three counts of rape by force or fear. The case was filed for warrant Tuesday.

All of the alleged crimes occurred at the defendant's home, Deputy District Attorney Reinhold Mueller of the Sex Crimes Division, who is prosecuting the case, said.

Masterson now faces 45 years to life in state prison

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-women.html

Finally.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I hope he gets what he deserves. I remember hearing rumors about him.

I'm just curious - what is the statute of limitations?
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Damn. It took them long enough.

For reference, here's the original thread from when this story first came out. More detail on the women's allegations.

Danny Masterson Accused of Sexual Assault and Scientology of Cover-up
    Kittylady, Sassiness and DawnM74 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I guess the question I have is whether the CoS will get roped into this as an accessory after the fact in terms of trying to cover things up or get witnesses to back off. Wasn't that one of the claims, also?
    Lalasnake, MsDark, DawnM74 and 7 others like this.

I'm curious too about the Scientology church's role in this. It happened so long ago that it makes me think maybe he lapsed in his responsibility ($$) to them and they're hanging him out to dry. We'll see.
    DawnM74, BITTER and holly like this.

I think the church did their best to quash this story and intimidate victims/witnesses. For whatever reason, it didn't work. I agree maybe Danny lost his value to them, has he worked at all since these allegations came out? He was fired from the show he was doing with Ashton Kutcher after the rape story came out.

So weird that Bijou Phillips' father was a rapist and then she married one.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm curious too about the Scientology church's role in this. It happened so long ago that it makes me think maybe he lapsed in his responsibility ($$) to them and they're hanging him out to dry. We'll see.
    I would think that their (potential) involvement will be an instrumental part of victim explanations as to why it took them as long as they did to go to the authorities.
    Sassiness, DawnM74 and sparkles like this.

It’s about fucking time. I’m sad to say that he was my favorite on that 70’s show.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    I hope he gets what he deserves. I remember hearing rumors about him.

I'm just curious - what is the statute of limitations?
    I have no idea if the same principles apply in America, but in Australia, there is no limitation on an indictable offence (I think y'all call indictable offences "felonies" as opposed to summary offences = misdemeanour.) Summary offences have limitation periods of usually 6-24 months, depending on the state and the type of offence. But indictable offences? Time never runs out.

Plenty of historical sexual abuse charges - when lawyers talk about "historical" charges, what we mean is that the alleged offending occurred some years ago. It's very, very common for people to be reluctant to report sexual abuse at the time of offending, especially when the alleged offender is in a position of power (e.g. Pell and every other pedo priest, celebrities like Craig McLachlan, etc.)
    Brookie and dksnj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think the church did their best to quash this story and intimidate victims/witnesses. For whatever reason, it didn't work.
    Ultimately, the cult is not that powerful for law enforcement. The victims may not have been willing to be bought off, and may have been adequately protected by police from any curiously convenient "suicide" (by being shot in the back of the head)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    I have no idea if the same principles apply in America, but in Australia, there is no limitation on an indictable offence (I think y'all call indictable offences "felonies" as opposed to summary offences = misdemeanour.) Summary offences have limitation periods of usually 6-24 months, depending on the state and the type of offence. But indictable offences? Time never runs out.

Plenty of historical sexual abuse charges - when lawyers talk about "historical" charges, what we mean is that the alleged offending occurred some years ago. It's very, very common for people to be reluctant to report sexual abuse at the time of offending, especially when the alleged offender is in a position of power (e.g. Pell and every other pedo priest, celebrities like Craig McLachlan, etc.)
    In the States statue of limitations vary from state to state. For example, California has no limitations for crimes committed after 2017. New York has varied limitations based on the rape degree, 1st degree no limit, 2nd degree is 20 years, 3rd is 10 years. Pennsylvania is 12 years for an adult, for those under 18 until the victim reaches their 50th birthday, for what they term “sexual assault” they also have “institutional sexual assault” which applies to employees at corrections facilities, youth group homes, mental health facilities, etc has a 2 year limitation.

So for arguments sake, if you’re a kid in a group home and an employee assaults you, legally charges must be filed within 2 years. They have the right to sue the perpetrator and the institutions governing body, civically until their 50th birthday.

If a child is assaulted anywhere outside of the parameters of “institutional”, even by a said employee, they have until their 50th birthday to have the perpetrator prosecuted.

Absolutely bizarre to me. But here in PA we have some odd laws in general.
    dksnj likes this.

I'd forgotten he was also accused of murdering dogs on top of being a rapist. Fucking sociopath.

I am looking forward to seeing how all of this will play out.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I'd forgotten he was also accused of murdering dogs on top of being a rapist. Fucking sociopath.
    I hadn't heard about that, but don't want to hear the details.
    Waterslide, sprynkles, czb and 2 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I hadn't heard about that, but don't want to hear the details.
    I clicked on the link where the original article was posted and saw it there, so beware.
    SHELLEE and lindsaywhit like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information