Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Alicia Silverstone takes baths with 9-year-old son in quarantine

fgg

Default Alicia Silverstone takes baths with 9-year-old son in quarantine

Alicia Silverstone is soaking up some quality time with her son during quarantine.

The “Clueless” star shared that she and 9-year-old son Bear Blu have been taking baths together to pass the time during COVID-19 isolation.

“My son and I take baths together, and when he’s not with me, I take a bath and that really feels nourishing and comforting,” she recently told the New York Times.

She added that they are also doing other activities together like dancing, bouncing on the trampoline and jumping rope.

Silverstone, 43, shares Bear Blu with ex-husband Christopher Jarecki.

As for her own ways to pass the time, Silverson is focused on her health.

“I always bring everything back to diet,” she said. “When I don’t eat well, I don’t feel well, and then my moods go all over the place.”

The actress told the Times she turns to fresh herbs, greens, miso soup and ginger tea. And for her mental and physical health she takes daily long walks, practices yoga and meditation, and keeps a journal.

Silverstone feeds her son a vegan diet and has faced backlash for it.

“People said lots of different things, and I was sort of ‘the freak,’ and I guess I’ll take pride in that because it is hard to be the person that’s speaking out, and it is hard to be the person that is saying the thing that isn’t what everybody else wants to hear,” she said.

In 2018, she claimed her son has never had to take medicine because of his vegan diet.

Her spokesperson told the Times that her son “chooses to eat vegan.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/06/03/alici...in-quarantine/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I wonder if she still chews his food for him?

What the ever loving fuck? My 10 year old freaks if I'm in the room when he wants to change. Take a bath together? no way and inappropriate.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Yeah she's too invested in this hippie thing.

At best, that poor kid is gonna get so much shit from his friends, and it might warp him at worst. Boundaries are good for kids.
    HeartShapedBox, LaFolie and fgg like this.

i don't think it's a big deal. i have lots of friends who grew up with hippie parents and hanging around naked in summer was no big deal. my parents weren't particularly prudish either. they wouldn't walk around naked per se but they never closed doors when they were getting dressed or getting out of the shower and it wasn't a big deal. also, finnish friends who regularly sauna all together, naked, all generations of the family.
    i'm more concerned about feeding a kid a vegan diet unless she's really careful he's getting enough nutrition. vegetarian, fine, but vegan is a bit extreme. let him make that choice when he's older.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i'm more concerned about feeding a kid a vegan diet unless she's really careful he's getting enough nutrition. vegetarian, fine, but vegan is a bit extreme. let him make that choice when he's older.
    I doubt the kid is eating vegan at Dad’s It’s probably their little secret.

pretty sure her baby daddy is also a hardcore vegan so that kid probably relies on grandparents for burgers.
    Flygirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think it's a big deal. i have lots of friends who grew up with hippie parents and hanging around naked in summer was no big deal. my parents weren't particularly prudish either. they wouldn't walk around naked per se but they never closed doors when they were getting dressed or getting out of the shower and it wasn't a big deal. also, finnish friends who regularly sauna all together, naked, all generations of the family.
    It actually is a big deal in 2020 in the prude-ass US. It can have you investigated by DHS (children’s services). Seen it!

A woman was arrested for walking around her own home topless with her step kids present not too long ago.

Even if it was not potentially illegal, I would not be naked in front of my kids. We are not a prude family, bodies are not anything to be embarrassed of, but I don’t see that as appropriate in front of a 9 or 10 year old. I know others may disagree which is cool.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

^^^
    that's insane re: DHS.
    sprynkles and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

czb

uh oh. i hope no one arrests me. i don't walk around naked but my kids def walk in on both mr czb & i when we are dressing or in the shower.

I don't close the doors when I change. Shit, my older kids didn't close the door when they were masterbating before, so we had to have a talk about how you close the door when you do that. But bathing with a 9 year old is a little more intimate. If a father bathed with his 9 year old daughter, DHS most certainly would be called.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I've probably said it before, but we are basically the Family Ties family. We are like hippies in our attitude about clothing and a lot of other stuff. Our kids, however, are very straightlaced - especially our daughter. They've never been in any kind of trouble, and the way they look at us, you would think they were OUR parents. I don't think our son would particularly care about one of us walking around in a state of undress, but it does bother our daughter. I think that some girls in their teens are down on their bodies, and I think having a really fit mom seems to make the feeling more pronounced for our daughter. For me, it's been a lot of fun to be in the altogether at different places, but only among like-minded people who choose to be there. We've never had our kids with us.
    effie2 likes this.

I saw my mom naked quite often when I was growing up. We never bathed together though. I never (thankfully) saw my stepdad naked but saw him changing from work suits to his regular clothes all the time. He always had on a t-shirt and underpants.

I bathed and showered with my kids when they were little but probably not after they were like three. I think there's a cut off age in our society. I can't judge her. She's being a loving caring mom and there are so many kids who don't get decent parents. Hopefully the boy will grow up not having to shudder every time he recalls his mom.

louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Jeez ermm nope. I grew up seeing my parents just walking around wearing not enough. Whenever I wanted to have friends over or even visit now with my partner, I have to msg ahead to say "put some clothes on, I'm on my way". i'm not a prude but that is a nope at that age. I'm sure Bear also isn't thrilled that his mother felt it necessary to announce it to the media. I hope he doesn't get picked on at school for it.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Ma Kitty is quite hippyish in her attitude to nudity. As a teen I always had to check she had clothes on before I came in with friends and she loved being able to go on topless/nudist beaches on holiday.

After growing up like that nudity doesn't bother me in the slightest now. It's just skin and I find clothing choices to be much more titillating than bare arse nekkidness.
    MohandasKGanja and Novice like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information