Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By electrocuted_sheep
  • 2 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 2 Post By Sarzy
  • 2 Post By KrisNine

Thread: Anderson Cooper announces the birth of his son Wyatt: 'Our family continues'

Default Anderson Cooper announces the birth of his son Wyatt: 'Our family continues'

Anderson Cooper announces the birth of his son Wyatt: 'Our family continues'

New York (CNN Business)CNN's Anderson Cooper is the proud father of a newborn baby boy.

Wyatt Morgan Cooper was born on Monday weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces.

Cooper, 52, shared photos of Wyatt at the end of Thursday's televised weekly global town hall on the coronavirus pandemic.

"It has been a difficult time in all of our lives, and there are certainly many hard days ahead," Cooper said. "It is, I think, especially important in these times of trouble to try to hold on to moments of joy and moments of happiness. Even as we mourn the loss of loved ones, we are also blessed with new life and new love."

That's how he introduced his own joyful news: "On Monday, I became a father," he said. "I've never actually said that before, out loud, and it still kind of astonishes me. I am a dad. I have a son. And I want you to meet him."

Cooper, who is gay, said in his on-air announcement that "I never thought it would be possible to have a child, and I am so grateful for all those who have paved the way, and for the doctors and nurses and everyone involved in my son's birth."

"Most of all," he said, "I am eternally grateful to a remarkable surrogate who carried Wyatt, watched over him lovingly, tenderly, and gave birth to him."

The news came as a big surprise to CNN viewers, as Cooper had not spoken publicly about his plans to have a baby.

Cooper's father, who died when he was 10 years old, was named Wyatt. Now Cooper is passing the name to a new generation. "I hope I can be as good a dad as he was," he said during the announcement.

His son's middle name, Morgan, is a name from the family tree of his mother Gloria Vanderbilt. She died last year.

"I do wish my mom and dad and my brother, Carter were alive to meet Wyatt," Cooper said, "but I like to believe they can see him. I imagine them all together, arms around each other, smiling and laughing and watching, looking down on us. Happy to know that their love is alive in me and in Wyatt... and that our family continues. New life and new love."

HWBL, Brookie and weathered1 like this.

awww i saw this on my instagram last night and i'm happy for him.
    Brookie and KrisNine like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Woops! Totally forgot the link: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/30/m...her/index.html

I tried embedding the Instagram post but I don't know how to do that

^^^
    I don’t think we can do that because this board’s technology predates the heyday of Instagram and our daddy doesn’t love us.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love him. He got emotional during the announcement a couple of times - so happy about Wyatt, but also missing his father, his brother, and his mother.

Congratulations!
    crayzeehappee likes this.

You can embed Instagram but I think it just shows a clickable photo and not the writing.

Here's what it says on the coding page:

If instagram link is: https://www.instagram.com/p/5xiycqotzS/ You need to take the end part without the slash - example: 5xiycqotzS

[ ig] 5xiycqotzS [ /ig]
    Obviously don't have those spaces in the coding
    sputnik and Beeyotch like this.

Aww. That's a cute little baby. I'm so happy for Anderson. He seems like a really good guy.
    czb and crayzeehappee like this.

Elite Member

Awwww... so wonderful. Good for Anderson!

Awwww such a cute baby.

Thread Information