Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree1139Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

Default Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

carry on...
    Waterslide and tulip like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Biddies vs narcs edition
    sputnik, czb, Daphodil and 11 others like this.

Excellent title! I would have also upvoted "Victims vs. Meanies" or "It's Not Me, It's You and You Suck"

Excellent thread title
    sputnik, Daphodil, tulip and 1 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

So how's it going in the High Court?

Meghan Markle: ‘I’m ready to take the stand’. Duchess’s lawyer says she is prepared for high-stakes courtroom showdown with Thomas

• Meghan Markle suing publisher of Mail on Sunday for printing letter to her father
    • She claims article in 2019 breached her privacy, copyright and data protection
    • Associated Newspapers disputes claims and wants parts of her case thrown out
    • They claim she allowed friends to brief People magazine, breaching own privacy
    • Mr Justice Warby has reserved judgment but hopes to rule in the next week
    • Meghan's barrister reiterates Duchess is willing to give evidence in High Court

By MARTIN ROBINSON, CHIEF REPORTER FOR MAILONLINE and SAM GREENHILL CHIEF REPORTER FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 13:47, 24 April 2020 | UPDATED: 03:25, 25 April 2020

Meghan Markle is willing to take the stand in a legal battle with the British press, it was revealed today, setting up an extraordinary High Court showdown with her estranged father who she branded a liar.
    The Duchess of Sussex, 38, is suing Associated Newspapers, owner of the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline, over an article which reproduced parts of a handwritten note she sent to Mr Markle, 75, in August 2018, three months after he was unable to walk her down the aisle following a heart attack.
    The first stage of her case started at the High Court in London today where the publisher made an application to have parts of her claim thrown out. It was held via video link due to coronavirus.
    Her celebrity barrister David Sherborne told the hearing his client had suffered 'great personal anguish and distress' as part of an alleged ‘agenda' against her in the press before making it clear Meghan would give evidence during any future trial.
    He said: 'The defendant [Associated Newspapers] wants to cross-examine her [Meghan] as to whether that belief is reasonable or not - and they can do that'.
    The Duchess's 'bring it on attitude' emerged near the end of the day’s proceedings, which the Sussexes are believed to have watched online from Los Angeles, where they have settled with their son Archie.
    The High Court case has been dubbed 'Markle vs Markle' in which the duchess's estranged father Thomas, 75, is prepared to give evidence against his own daughter in a box office trial where a judge would decide who is telling the truth about their rift and the letter Meghan sent to him in August 2018.
    On Monday court papers lodged by Meghan’s lawyers branded her father a liar and denied she knew her influential friends planned to reveal details of her deteriorating relationship with him - and her handwritten letter to him- with People magazine in America.
    Thomas Markle has said he felt pressured to share the letter with the press after its contents were misrepresented and he was 'vilified' in the People article, telling the Mail on Sunday: 'I have to defend myself. I only released parts of the letter because other parts were so painful. The letter didn't seem loving to me. I found it hurtful.'
    Meghan would also be asked under oath whether she knowingly' allowed her friends to leak details of the letter to People magazine to attack her father. These five unnamed best friends could also be forced to testify at the High Court in London.
    The court heard today that Meghan alleges her estranged father Thomas was 'harassed and exploited' by the press despite not speaking to him for two years or asking if he agrees with her claims.

+5

The estranged father of the Duchess of Sussex is expected to be called as a key witness for the defence in a court case she has brought against a newspaper (pictured: Meghan Markle as a youngster, with her father Thomas Markle)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-harassed.html

Sarzy likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Hit By Ban Bus!

As I predicted the snarky mean girl thing unrailed. Not so much in other threads. Go look. It's just criticism and boredom. But for some reason here, the viciousness comes out. I find it also interesting that women above the age of 35 don't consider these kinds of snark MEAN. Cue to Tina Fey in your reference guide.

Again it is not across the board to all people in the social media focus. You don't, for example, see the same thing directed at Kim Kardashian who has much more media focus. It's a drop off. You like her or you don't. But there are not (as our examples have shown) women over the age of 35 who use vicious and passive aggressive sarcasm to denigrate people who are not fans of a Narcissist.

Again watch the attacks. To note: Most of the people commenting are women over the age of 35 and are highly educated women. (Data Chart 4 A. line c) Nonetheless their attacks are predictable and pendantic.

Let us watch.
    Last edited by Sanserif; April 25th, 2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanserif View Post
    As I predicted the snarky mean girl thing unrailed. Not so much in other threads. Go look. It's just criticism and boredom. But for some reason here, the viciousness comes out. I find it also interesting that women above the age of 35 don't consider these kinds of snark MEAN. Cue to Tina Fey in your reference guide.

Again it is not across the board to all people in the social media focus. You don't, for example, see the same thing directed at Kim Kardashian who has much more media focus. It's a drop off. You like her or you don't. But there are not (as our examples have shown) women over the age of 35 who use vicious and passive aggressive sarcasm to denigrate people who are not fans of a Narcissist.

Again watch the attacks. To note: Most of the people commenting are women over the age of 35 and are highly educated women. Nonetheless their attacks are predictable and pendantic. Let us watch.
    WTF is "unrailed"????

Do you mean derailed? Except that doesn't make sense.
    Unravelled????

As for the rest TL;DR
    Daphodil, Waterslide and cheray like this.

and now back to the topic of the thread. Thank you.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Did I miss something? Was that a ban for not liking Meghan?
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

LOL! I'm sure he thinks it is.
    sputnik likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Sanserif View Post
    Long time lurker here and I have to agree with this. When the thread was renamed, I was surprised it wasn't "Megan's Fan Club". Those that say they don't care one way or the other obviously do and its typically pro Megan.

given the repetitive and unhinged writing re: narcs, i'm guessing mentally "unrailed". i mean, i worked with a malignant narcissist for almost 2.5 years and i have the grey hairs and mild PTSD to show for it but unfortunately it didn't give me the supernatural ability to diagnose people based off a photo.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thank god.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Well for once I kept it reined in so it only has itself to blame for any banning!

And effie we didn't run A*O off. At least I don't think so. She's tougher than that. And taken a powder more than once, whether pissed off or not. And hopefully will be back.
    Lofty Bike, tulip, sputnik and 2 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I was hoping for an essay and/or narcofesto, but they weren't that interesting anyway. Damn.

I still don't think narc is the right term for a narcissist and would you pronounce it nark or narse? And yes, I'm stuck on this stupid point.
    Nevan, Lofty Bike, Ravenna and 7 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information