Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree1927Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 4

Default Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 4

I don't think this thread needs a title change
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Agree!

Princess Eugenie took to Instagram to celebrate her anniversary with husband Jack Brookshank by posting a loved-up picture.
    The 30-year-old married her husband on October 12 2018 but the couple met when Princess Eugenie was skiing in Verbier, Switzerland, and her friends introduced her to Jack.
    To celebrate their decade together, the tenth-in-line to the throne posted a picture on Instagram of her and Jack grinning into the camera while smiling.
    On the post she said: ‘Jack and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary today... and we are lucky enough to be together at this time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gram-snap.html
    Brookie and rollo like this.

I wonder if the royal family has a dental plan.....
    NickiDrea, DawnM74, BITTER and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I wonder if the royal family has a dental plan.....
    Honestly Americans get made fun of for our super bright white teeth, and people assume we all get them whitened. My teeth are super white and Iíve never gotten them whitened. Maybe itís something added to our water. Maybe our teeth are just abnormal. Yellow teeth REALLY stand out to me here but when I travel overseas they seem pretty common and people even ask me about my teeth as if they are unusual. So maybe itís just us.

edit: just noticed the overbites, so I dunno.
    BITTER likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

There's nothing wrong with their teeth to me, they just aren't bright white. That's just normal here
    sputnik, Brookie, rollo and 4 others like this.

in europe there's more of a reluctance to use braces to fix minor cosmetic issues, and the blindingly white teeth trend hasn't caught on as much.
    i don't mind their teeth, just like i appreciate that actors in british and other european TV series look more like real people than the perfectly aerobicised, tooth-veneered and groomed within an inch of their life american counterparts.
    Last edited by sputnik; April 25th, 2020 at 07:59 PM.
    Sarzy, Kittylady, Sleuth and 5 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sputnik, rollo, Sarzy and 8 others like this.

Eugenie looks alright with no makeup
    robertmarilyn and tulip like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    in europe there's more of a reluctance to use braces to fix minor cosmetic issues, and the blindingly white teeth trend hasn't caught on as much.
    i don't mind their teeth, just like i appreciate that actors in british and other european TV series look more like real people than the perfectly aerobicised, tooth-veneered and groomed to within an inch of their life american counterparts.
    I can't speak for the rest of Europe but in the UK cosmetic dentistry is chargeable whereas normal dental treatment is heavily subsidised.
    I & lots of my friends had braces when we were kids and they are still common today.
    However given our much lower standard of living & the high cost of orthodontics it's definitely something that parents think slot about before undertaking it.

Eugenie doesn't look so bad...
    Beeyotch, Daphodil, czb and 1 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I can't speak for the rest of Europe but in the UK cosmetic dentistry is chargeable whereas normal dental treatment is heavily subsidised.
    I & lots of my friends had braces when we were kids and they are still common today.
    However given our much lower standard of living & the high cost of orthodontics it's definitely something that parents think slot about before undertaking it.
    Orthodontia isn't free in the US either. But perfect teeth are just way more of a thing here. It's not economics, and when you live in both places you really notice the difference in the cultural importance attached to perfect teeth in the US vs Europe and other parts of the world. It's interesting.
    When we were growing up (in Switzerland), my sister got braces and it was covered by insurance because her case was deemed medically necessary as opposed to cosmetic. My brother's was considered only cosmetic and it would have cost about 13000$ to fix his teeth (this would have been in the early 90s, so imagine what 13k would be now). And the dentist was like, if it were my kid, I wouldn't do it. And it's true that my brother's teeth are fine, they're just not perfectly aligned. That same case, in the US, and the dentist would have pushed for braces, and I bet it would have been cheaper too because it's just more common.
    Novice, BITTER and ConstanceSpry like this.

It's not even that complicated, I think it's a genetic and possibly cultural difference--I've never whitened my teeth and I get comments asking if I whitened them. I drink coffee daily, have for 20 yrs. So that makes me think genetic. Possibly whatever is added to the water, maybe our fluoride levels? Culturally, yellowed teeth are visually distracting and it's easy to buy those Crest Whitestrips at least.

Do Brits all uniformly drink tea several times daily from an early age? Maybe that contributes.

Eugenie's teeth are normal-people-who-drink-tons-of-coffee-stained. But she's not a plebe, she gets recognized and photographed so I'd do some whitening if I were in that position. Same for her husband.
    NickiDrea, sputnik and BITTER like this.

One of my big front teeth is slightly curved, you can't tell dead on but it's definitely noticeable if my head is turned slightly. And my bottom front teeth are crammed in so much that none of them are straight. When I was growing up, there was no money for me to get braces (most health insurance here doesn't cover it, but some policies will cover things like overbites or palette expanders). My two younger sisters got braces and their teeth are in really good shape. I've been so self conscious my entire life about it and I usually have a closed mouth smile or I hold my hand over my mouth if I'm laughing hard. My mother and a few of my cousins have told me shit like, "oh, you're too pretty to have crooked teeth." What, do my teeth make me unpretty then? My mother is the queen of backhanded compliments. I would love to get my teeth whitened, even just a bit. I drink iced tea all day and my teeth have suffered for it. Maybe I should move to Britain???
    Brookie likes this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

czb

one of my kids (GT) had a terrible overbite. you could see where it would cause issues, both functional and cosmetic. she started with braces 2 years ago and it made a yuge difference in her self esteem. ET has nearly perfect teeth. they detected a tiny overbite. i don't even remember the metric size but tiny and you certainly can't tell when you look at her. our family dentist looked at me and said, your choice. her teeth are fine but we live in the land of beautiful, perfect smiles. she won't have functional issues. but yeah, we will get her braces, too. her tiny overbite will only take 6-12 months of braces to correct. and her teeth probaby won't look different than they do now.
    Nevan likes this.

It’s funny because I always wanted braces growing up. They were so cool. Everyone would get colors for Valentine’s Day or Halloween or Christmas and I was so envious of my classmates. I had absolutely perfect, gleaming teeth that my dentist literally freaked out over but I wanted braces so I could be cool like everyone else

Then I became an adult and found out that people were spending tens of thousands of dollars on their kids’ braces and was horrified.
    Nevan likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information