Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Rihanna donates $5M to coronavirus relief via Clara Lionel Foundation

Default Rihanna donates $5M to coronavirus relief via Clara Lionel Foundation

Rihanna donates $5M to coronavirus relief via Clara Lionel Foundation

Rihanna is doing her part to combat the spread and overall effects of coronavirus by donating $5 million to the cause via her Clara Lionel Foundation.
    The singer, 32, made the multi-million dollar pledge to support several organizations in need, including food banks in at-risk communities throughout the US. It will also go toward supporting medical staffers with protective equipment, critical respiratory supplies, maintenance of intensive care units and will aid in the development of vaccines and other methods to fight the virus globally, TMZ reports.

“Never has it been more important or urgent to protect and prepare marginalized and underserved communities — those who will be hit hardest by this pandemic,” CLF Executive Director Justine Lucas told the outlet.

The “Fenty Beauty” creator founded the Clara Lionel Foundation in honor of her grandparents, Clara and Lionel Braithwaite, in 2012. Her annual Diamond Ball supports the organization, which funds global education, health and emergency response programs for children around the world.

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/21/rihan...el-foundation/

That’s amazing!! Thank you, Rihanna!
    Sleuth likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Very nice. I hope some other celebs and billionaires follow suit.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Paging Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerbergs and all the other bazillionaires who don't know what to do with all their money.

Putting her money where her mouth is, good for her.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Paging Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerbergs and all the other bazillionaires who don't know what to do with all their money.
    I don't know about the others but I read that Bill Gates has donated $50 million and his foundation provided test kits.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I don't know about the others but I read that Bill Gates has donated $50 million and his foundation provided test kits.
    Thank you, I haven't read that yet. I hope others follow suit.

Elite Member

I must be the only one that side eyes a celebrity donating their money to a foundation they created......

Yes, Gates is very involved in this whole thing.
    DawnM74 likes this.

If her foundation is legit and is helping people, I don't get the problem.

From the foundation's site:

CLF Donates $5 Million to Fight COVID-19

When we first began this year, never could we have imagined how COVID-19 would so dramatically alter our lives. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from, this pandemic will affect us all. And for the world’s most vulnerable, the worst may be yet to come.

Over the past five years CLF has been one of the first organizations to respond to some of the world’s most devastating natural disasters, and we’ve seen firsthand the profound and unintended consequences of not being prepared.

That’s why Clara Lionel Foundation has provided $5 million to the following organizations to immediately mobilize a broad response working with on-the-ground partners that include Direct Relief, Feeding America, Partners in Health, The World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, the International Rescue Committee, and others.

Funds will support:

• Local food banks serving at-risk communities and the elderly in the United States;

• Acceleration of testing and care in countries like Haiti and Malawi, as well as the mobilization of resources and additional capacity and support for Native communities;

• Protective equipment for frontline health workers and diagnostic labs, the establishment and maintenance of intensive care units, and acceleration of the development of vaccines and other therapies across the globe;

• Healthcare worker training, virus prevention and containment in countries that will be on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response; and,

• Distribution of critical respiratory supplies.

We know that one of the most powerful weapons we have against COVID-19 is preparedness.

https://claralionelfoundation.org/ne...ight-covid-19/
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

[QUOTE=Waterslide;3777277]If her foundation is legit and is helping people, I don't get the problem.

From the foundation's site:

CLF Donates $5 Million to Fight COVID-19

When we first began this year, never could we have imagined how COVID-19 would so dramatically alter our lives. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from, this pandemic will affect us all. And for the world’s most vulnerable, the worst may be yet to come.

Over the past five years CLF has been one of the first organizations to respond to some of the world’s most devastating natural disasters, and we’ve seen firsthand the profound and unintended consequences of not being prepared.

That’s why Clara Lionel Foundation has provided $5 million to the following organizations to immediately mobilize a broad response working with on-the-ground partners that include Direct Relief, Feeding America, Partners in Health, The World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, the International Rescue Committee, and others.

Funds will support:

• Local food banks serving at-risk communities and the elderly in the United States;

• Acceleration of testing and care in countries like Haiti and Malawi, as well as the mobilization of resources and additional capacity and support for Native communities;

• Protective equipment for frontline health workers and diagnostic labs, the establishment and maintenance of intensive care units, and acceleration of the development of vaccines and other therapies across the globe;

• Healthcare worker training, virus prevention and containment in countries that will be on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response; and,

• Distribution of critical respiratory supplies.

We know that one of the most powerful weapons we have against COVID-19 is preparedness.

https://claralionelfoundation.org/ne...ight-covid-19/[/QUOTE

Thanks. This article actually states where the money is going to. The first article just said it was being donated to the Foundation, which is obviously a way to lower taxes, etc.

Didn't Bezos ask people to pay for a special fund for his Amazon slaves?
    Lofty Bike and Sylkyn like this.

^^^He did.
    That guy is such an asshole.

^ ^ Yeah, THE wealthiest man on the planet had the goddamn gall to ask his customers to donate to something HE could fund a thousand times over. I hate that bastard.

I will never say anything bad about Rhianna again.
    Labelwhore likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Default Well that's amazing to hear

I just wish that all of the celebrities would do the same, I mean their are thousands of celebrity around the globe and the money they make is so stupidly easy I don't want to say it's bad, maybe it is or maybe not; that's debatable. Why stop at celebrities we should even consider other rich Personalities too. You know the only persons who are badly effected due to this virus are poor people and some middle class people too. And the rich people's they are safe from all this problems

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Rihanna donates $5M to coronavirus relief via Clara Lionel Foundation

Rihanna is doing her part to combat the spread and overall effects of coronavirus by donating $5 million to the cause via her Clara Lionel Foundation.
    The singer, 32, made the multi-million dollar pledge to support several organizations in need, including food banks in at-risk communities throughout the US. It will also go toward supporting medical staffers with protective equipment, critical respiratory supplies, maintenance of intensive care units and will aid in the development of vaccines and other methods to fight the virus globally, TMZ reports.

“Never has it been more important or urgent to protect and prepare marginalized and underserved communities — those who will be hit hardest by this pandemic,” CLF Executive Director Justine Lucas told the outlet.

The “Fenty Beauty” creator founded the Clara Lionel Foundation in honor of her grandparents, Clara and Lionel Braithwaite, in 2012. Her annual Diamond Ball supports the organization, which funds global education, health and emergency response programs for children around the world.

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/21/rihan...el-foundation/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information