Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Vanessa Hudgens calls coronavirus measures 'bulls---'

Default Vanessa Hudgens calls coronavirus measures 'bulls---'

Vanessa Hudgens slammed for calling coronavirus measures 'bulls---'

The actress posted the comments to her 38.4 million followers on Instagram but later said the remarks "are being taken out of context."

March 17, 2020, 9:41 PM GMT / Updated March 18, 2020, 1:44 AM GMT
    By Janelle Griffith
    Actress Vanessa Hudgens was accused of making insensitive remarks about the coronavirus pandemic in an Instagram video in which she said deaths are "terrible but ... inevitable

"Um, yeah, 'til July sounds like a bunch of bulls---. I'm sorry," Hudgens said Monday of the potential length of the social distancing in the U.S. "It's a virus, I get it. Like, I respect it. But at the same time, like, even if everybody gets it, like, yeah, people are gonna die, which is terrible but, like, inevitable?"

She added in the Instagram Live video: "I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this right now."
    In another Instagram video Tuesday, Hudgens, who has 38.4 million followers, said: "So yesterday I did an Instagram Live, and I realized today that some of my comments are being taken out of context."
    "It's a crazy time. It's a crazy, crazy time. And I am at home and in lockdown. And that's what I hope you guys are doing, too, in full quarantine and staying safe and sane. I don't take this situation lightly by any means. I am home. So stay inside, y'all."She also apologized in a statement on her Twitter account Tuesday afternoon, saying she was "so sorry" for the way she has "offended anyone and everyone" who saw the clip from her Instagram Live on Monday.
    "I realize my words were insensitive and not at all appropriate for the situation our country and the world are in right now," the statement said, adding it has been a "huge" wake-up call about the significance her words have, now more than ever."I'm sending safe wishes to everyone to stay safe and healthy during this crazy time," it concluded.Journalist Yashar Ali was among those to criticize the "High School Musical" actress' remarks.

"What a horrible and heartless message for you to share with the younger people who look up to you," he said in a tweet.
    Author Roxane Gay also weighed in, tweeting: "She is like 31... strange. I suppose until It hits home this is not real for many people."

Another Twitter user opined: "The callousness is more of a disease than Covid 19," referring to the disease associated with coronavirus.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended Sunday that no gatherings with 50 people or more be held in the U.S. for the next eight weeks. Officials have also ordered the closings of theaters, fitness clubs and bars to slow the spread of the virus.

As of Tuesday afternoon, there were more than 5,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the U.S., and at least 96 people had died in the outbreak.
    Hudgens isn't the only celebrity who was slammed this week for content posted on social media about the coronavirus.Singer Keri Hilson was widely criticized for falsely linking the coronavirus to 5G networks. One of her tweets was retweeted thousands of times by Monday morning, and Hilson was trending.

Unlike Hudgens, Hilson did not appear to backtrack on her since-deleted tweets and Instagram posts. She tweeted later Monday that the content was deleted at the request of her management.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...bulls-n1162121

ok, millenial.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Honey, a video YOU post YOURSELF cannot be taken out of context.

Surely there's no better place to get informed medical information on this worldwide pandemic than from the star of "The Christmas Switch".
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Oy, dum-dum, learn the value of shutting TF UP! I suffer from foot-in-mouth disease as well when I don't heed the STFU mantra.
    BITTER and DawnM74 like this.

Elite Member

Boo-hoo, you aren't going to get to dress up like a Boho princess at Coachella.

I watched that video on Twitter and what came right from her own mouth cannot be taken out of context. She said it, and it is obvious from the way she speaks she is only one step up from an amoeba. Totally inarticulate and dumb.
    weathered1, BITTER, rollo and 1 others like this.

Translation: “I’m going to be fine so I don’t care about anyone else.” Fuck her.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I just saw someone on Facebook post a picture of herself with her friends scattered around the room and then make a joke about social distancing. Bunch of idiots.
    BITTER, rollo and DawnM74 like this.

Can someone just cough on her already since its like totally inevitable...
    BITTER and DawnM74 like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

She might not be fine, Europe is reporting more 30-somethings in the severe range.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She's a moron
    Beeyotch, BITTER and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    She might not be fine, Europe is reporting more 30-somethings in the severe range.
    Yes, she believes she’ll be fine, though, and younger and wealthy together mean she probably will be.
    BITTER likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Ya'll want a national lock down? Cause this is how you get a national lock down.

I'm so sick of people being a big bunch of fucking crybabies about an order to stay home.

Grow the fuck up. I would loooove to be home right now.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ I hear ya. I can understand the anxiety of people who can't afford to miss a paycheck and are worried how they're going to feed their families and pay their bills. Ms. Hudgens should be grateful she's not one of them.
    czb, DawnM74 and Serendipity like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information