Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Paris Hilton Says She's Been 'Playing a Character' Her Entire Career ... Until Now

Default Paris Hilton Says She's Been 'Playing a Character' Her Entire Career ... Until Now

The heiress insists her "Simple Life" persona was all an act and that fans will finally get to meet the real her in ouTube documentary "This Is Paris."

You think you know Paris Hilton? You've binged every season of "The Simple Life," "My New BFF," are wearing her perfume, have her music on repeat and bop to her deejay skills every weekend? Sorry, turns out you still don't know Paris.
    That's because, according to the heiress, she's been "playing a character" throughout her entire career. That's ... uh, not hot?

"I knew what I was doing but the whole world didnít, so it was kind of frustrating to me to be perceived in that way because itís not who I am at all," Hilton told People of her breakout role on "The Simple Life." "But it was such an amazing and entertaining show that I would just think of it as entertainment."
    And while she said the "mean" jokes at her expense cut deep at the time, she understands more now. "Obviously, Iíve grown as a person," she said. "But just to be judged and have so many misconceptions based on a character that I had invented myself was frustrating."
    But it wasn't all bad, obviously. "I built a huge brand off doing it,Ē she added. ďSo, I donít really regret it and Iím happy that people are going to finally see this film." And in it, they won't see any of that old persona. In other words, nothing is "hot."

Hilton's famous catchphrase is just one part of her famous persona absent in her new YouTube documentary film "This Is Paris." The other part is apparently everything else.
    "Iíve never done anything like this in my life,' Hilton told Deadline of the project. "In this film I discuss things Iíve never discussed before. I hope that people are going to see who I truly am."
    "During this film, I have discovered so much about myself that I did not even know," she continued. "It was almost like a therapeutic experience
    According to the reality star, she got more "raw" and real in this film than she ever has before about her innermost thoughts and feelings, revealing more about herself than she ever has before.

"I was talking about things that are very hard to talk about," she said. "It was an amazing experience but it was very scary. I was freaking out."
    Hilton said she gave up full control for this film, something she was initially reluctant to do, but it allowed for this unfiltered and unprocessed look into her world.
    "Everything Iíve done before was me playing a character," Hilton said. And she apparently played it so well that director Alexandra Dean initially balked at the project, too, thinking that Hilton was "that original influencer who had brought that influencer world upon us."

In all honesty, no matter your thoughts on "influencer culture," an exploration into the possible founder of it might be interesting. Plus, the fact that Hilton was disingenuous for 15 years in her online and on-screen persona doesn't necessarily make her different from many of the top influencers.
    "I completely did a 180," Dean said about Hilton as the project came together. She compared the hotel heiress to Hedy Lamarr, the subject of one of her previous films, who was known as a Hollywood star in the '40s, but was also a groundbreaking inventor who laid the foundation for Bluetooth technology.
    Kind of makes you wonder what shocking revelations she uncovered about Paris Hilton.
    For 15 years, we've thought we knew who Paris Hilton was -- even though we kind of all new "The Simple Life" wasn't all truth -- but it turns out we didn't. In May, Hilton and Alexandra Dean are hoping to set the record straight by showing us "This Is Paris Hilton" on YouTube.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

So were the dogs locked in the closet paid extras?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

So she wasn’t really a racist skank for 42 years???
    mostroop, SHELLEE, MsDark and 12 others like this.

Right? This attempt to make her likable will probably fail. I think the stuff we used to see was absolutely "her".
    Kittylady, holly and DawnM74 like this.

We don’t care. It isn’t 2005 anymore. Your career is done.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

She has a 'career'??

Vapid, insufferable twatwaffle.
    Kittylady, Mivvi21 and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    She has a 'career'??

Vapid, insufferable twatwaffle.
    Thatís what Iím asking: ďcareerĒ?!

"i completely did a 180," dean said about hilton as the project came together. She compared the hotel heiress to hedy lamarr, the subject of one of her previous films, who was known as a hollywood star in the '40s, but was also a groundbreaking inventor who laid the foundation for bluetooth technology.
    ffs.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Well, I'm glad she cleared that up. I totally take her seriously now.

Oh yeah, j/k. Racist skank.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

i think we all knew her kitten voiced dumbass act was just that, an act. doesn't mean she wasn't still a total garbage person.

Girl can cook
    Waterslide likes this.

I kinda really want that rainbow sweater.
    Waterslide and I'mNotBitter like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Next she'll be trying to tell us she's not a racist skank
    crayzeehappee and DawnM74 like this.

Attention whore misses getting attention and wants some more attention.
    Kittylady, LaFolie, tulip and 9 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information