Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Brooks Laich Posts About ‘New Stage of Life’ - Wife Julianne Hough Spotted w/o Ring

fgg

Default Brooks Laich Posts About ‘New Stage of Life’ - Wife Julianne Hough Spotted w/o Ring

The end of an era? After Julianne Hough was seen without her wedding ring, her husband Brooks Laich shared a cryptic Instagram post about entering a “new stage” in his life.

“On New Year’s Eve, I had a friend ask me ‘what’s your adjective for the new year?’ I asked him what he meant, and he said it’s about picking a word that is going to be a guide for you in 2020. His word was ‘mindful’ — he wanted to be more mindful of his time, his friendships, his money, etc. and throughout the year he will remind himself to be ‘mindful’ of all things in his life,” the former NHL star, 36, captioned a snap of himself smiling on Tuesday, January 7. “I then immediately fell in love with this question. And the word that keeps coming up for me right now is ‘boundless.’”

Laich continued, “I feel like a lot of my life has been “bound” to certain identities that have come through the sport I spent my life playing. Canadian, male, hockey player, disciplined, competitive, etc… and though I am all of those things, they do not define me, and I am not bound by them. In 2020, I look forward to releasing old identities, and stepping into a new chapter in my life.”

“I feel a new stage of life calling me, and though I don’t exactly know what it is yet, it feels right, and exciting!” the retired athlete continued. He then shared that he’s adopted new interests like “reading” and “coloring intricate mandalas,” which are activities he regarded as atypical for him.

“[It’s] probably not the stuff you would envision me doing, and I’m right there with you. But I love it, and I’m not going to stop — I’m going to embrace it for what it is at this moment,” he explained. “So in 2020, I am ‘boundless’ and on a new journey.”

Laich’s update comes after he posted his 2020 goals to his Instagram Stories on New Year’s Eve. He noted that he aimed to be “open to all things and present in my relationships.” He also admitted that he is interested in exploring “more about intimacy and my sexuality.”

Hough, for her part, has posted updates to her Instagram Stories and Instagram feed where she is seen without her wedding ring. The most recent sighting included a video she reposted on Saturday, January 4, of herself explaining the creation of her new fitness project, Kinrgy. Before this, she shared a video on Christmas Eve of herself ringless as she decorated a Christmas tree.

Hough and Laich began dating in 2014 after a mutual friend introduced the duo in December 2013. The “How Men Think” podcast cohost popped the question in August 2015, and they later tied the knot in a July 2017 ceremony held near Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

In June 2019, Laich spoke exclusively to Us Weekly about how Hough has helped him to become a better man. “I am so grateful to [have] her presence in my life every day. I’m grateful for the way she has challenged me, and the way that I have grown since meeting her,” he said at the time.

“I feel like I’m a completely different person and I’ve grown to be the man that I had always hoped I would be, and I’m still working on it,” he continued. “I’m not perfect, continue to grow, but she, without a doubt, has brought out the best in me and I am grateful that she chooses to be in my life every single day.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-ditches-ring/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Coming out??

Sexuality, bound to an identity, male identities?
    I'mNotBitter, Angeli and sputnik like this.

They lost both of their dogs in some type of tragic accident a few weeks ago, they never said what happened to them, and they haven't been spotted together since then.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Coming out??

Sexuality, bound to an identity, male identities?
    I thought SHE came out as bi? Not the husband.

When he come out I won’t be surprised.

Julianne Hough and Brooks Laich Have ‘Been Having Problems for Months,’ Source Says

Julianne Hough and Brooks Laich have hit a rough patch in their marriage, multiple sources confirm to PEOPLE.
    “They’ve been having problems for months,” one source says. “She’s very independent and a free spirit, and that’s been tough for Brooks and their marriage.”
    But a second insider says the couple, who have been married for two years, haven’t given up hope on their relationship.

“It seems they are not giving up, but also not talking about it. They want to do this their way. They don’t want to discuss their marriage. They have been having problems, but many people do,” the insider explains.
    Their reps have not commented.
    Many fans noticed Hough, 31, was without her wedding ring as she celebrated the New Year with Carson Daly while co-hosting NBC’s New Year’s Eve. She was also ringless in a Dec. 24 Instagram video, but it is unclear if she has completely stopped wearing her wedding band. Laich, 36, did wear his ring in a Jan. 2 workout video.

“Maybe it’s a just a phase, maybe not,” the insider adds. “But either way they are not going to address it publicly right now.”

The former Dancing with the Stars pro/judge and the NHL star tied the knot in July 2017 in an outdoor ceremony outside of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. The pair announced their engagement in August 2015 following a year and a half of dating.
    The duo have also opened up about trying to get pregnant via in vitro fertilization. Laich shared on his iHeartRadio podcast How Men Think in July 2019 that Hough had started the process the previous summer.

Hough, who has endometriosis, also froze some of her eggs in 2018. “The commitment that she made to us having a family is something I’ll never forget,” Laich said on his podcast.
    Last August, Hough candidly opened up about her sexuality to Women’s Health, admitting she had worried Laich wouldn’t understand her fluidity.
    “I was connecting to the woman inside that doesn’t need anything, versus the little girl that looked to him to protect me,” she said. “I was like, ‘Is he going to love this version of me?’ But the more I dropped into my most authentic self, the more attracted he was to me.”

She recalled telling Laich, “You know I’m not straight, right?”
    “And he was like, ‘I’m sorry what?’” she continued. “I was like, ‘I’m not. But I choose to be with you.’ “
    After that conversation, Hough said the two forged “a more intimate relationship.”

They’ve also weathered the loss of her beloved Cavalier King Charles spaniels, Lexi and Harley, who both died on Sept. 28, 2019, without explanation.

people.com

I'm going to go with he finally got sick of her annoying ass as the reason for his "new beginnings"...(yes, she's one of those celebrities that bug me for no good reason).
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

I need to know what happened to the dogs!

^^That's the only thing that I would really care about in this whole mess.
    lindsaywhit and sputnik like this.

The article is too long to post about a couple that I don't care about.

Brooks Laich Taking a ‘Journey’ to Explore His Sexuality Amid Marriage Trouble with Julianne Hough

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...042722465.html

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    I need to know what happened to the dogs!

My guess would be that they were left together in an overheated car.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    The article is too long to post about a couple that I don't care about.

Brooks Laich Taking a ‘Journey’ to Explore His Sexuality Amid Marriage Trouble with Julianne Hough

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...042722465.html
    I want back the minutes of my life I spent actually reading the article linked.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. And if they can't take care of dogs, hopefully they won't have kids.

I drank a glass of haterade here but so what. They're annoying.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I find it comical that their "insider" states the couple are keeping things private while Laich is on the radio talking about his new sexual journey and goals. Seems kind of obvious to me that one source of their issues is probably sex. Furthermore, why do I care about his sexual journey? Why is he even talking about that?

I also and dying to know what happened to the dogs, the only scenarios that I can come up with in my head all lead back to owner negligence.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

i know who she is because of this website and i've never even heard of the husband but i automatically hate anyone who uses the term 'journey' - divorce journey, sex journey, breastfeeding journey, etc. it screams precious narcissist.
    and yeah, all i want to know is what happened to the dogs but it seems shady.
    Trixie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I wish they'd take a journey away from the limelight and stay there.
    fgg, ShimmeringGlow and weathered1 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information