Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Michelle Williams Is Pregnant and Engaged

Default Michelle Williams Is Pregnant and Engaged

Michelle Williams is engaged — and expecting!
    The four-time Oscar nominee, 39, is engaged to the Tony Award-winning director of Hamilton, Thomas Kail, a source confirms to PEOPLE. The two are also expecting their first child together, the source adds.
    Williams’ daughter Matilda, 14, played matchmaker, the source says. The actress and Kail, 42, were photographed together in London where she is busy filming Venom 2. Williams was spotted buying baby clothes at Seraphine’s maternity boutique in Kensington.

Kail directed Williams in the drama Fosse/Verdon, for which she won the Emmy Award for lead actress. The director is close friends with Lin-Manuel Miranda and directed his musical In the Heights on Broadway. He also won an Emmy for directing Grease: Live.

Williams has been candid in the past about finding love after Ledger’s death in 2008.
    ]“I never gave up on love,” she told Vanity Fair in 2018 about moving on. “I always say to Matilda, ‘Your dad loved me before anybody thought I was talented, or pretty, or had nice clothes.’”
    While Williams has maintained her personal life private, she told the magazine she was more keen on helping others

“I don’t really want to talk about any of it. But what if this helps somebody?” she said. “What if somebody who has always journeyed in this way, who has struggled as much as I struggled, and looked as much as I looked, finds something that helps them?”
    She continued, “Don’t settle. Don’t settle for something that feels like a prison or is hard, or hurts you. If it doesn’t feel like love, it’s not love.”

https://people.com/movies/michelle-w...d-thomas-kail/

What a mess!
    Poor Mathilda, two new stepdads in row, a step sibling(or step siblings?) to get close to and then lose and now a baby.
    Kind of shitty thing to do to her ex-husband since he was a widower with a small child. And why are they engaged while the guy is still married?

I copied the timeline elsewhere...

*2018 Jul: Michelle Williams marries Phil Elverum
    *2018 Nov: Fosse/Verdon begins filming
    *2018 Dec: Thomas Kail and Angela Christian attend Kennedy Center honors together
    *2019 Mar: Fosse/Verdon ends filming
    *2019 Apr: Michelle and Phil separate
    *2019 Dec: Michelle and Thomas are engaged and expecting

That's all very tacky and messy.

Oh thanks for the extra information. That is messy. I hope Matilda is doing ok.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Yeah I didn't know all that info either!

czb

^^^ but the article says matilda was the matchmaker. Maybe matilda likes the guy and is happy
    for her mom?
    SHELLEE and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

C'mon. Matilda being the 'matchmaker' is just to make an uncute story cute.
    MsDark, BelledeJour, fgg and 8 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

Michelle Williams reportedly pregnant, engaged to ‘Hamilton’ director Thomas Kail

Michelle Williams is reportedly engaged to the Tony Award-winning director of “Hamilton” — and the two are expecting a child.

Williams, who recently split with musician Phil Elverum, was spotted with director Thomas Kail, 42, in London where she is filming “Venom 2,” according to People magazine.

A source told the publication that Matilda, Williams’ 14-year-old daughter with the late Heath Ledger, set up the two lovebirds and that they eventually decided to marry.

The actress was also spotted buying baby clothes, the magazine said.

Williams and Elverum — who performs folk music under the moniker Mount Eerie — divorced eight months ago.

Kail directed the 39-year-old actress in the F/X drama Fosse/Verdon, where Williams plays dancer Gwen Verdon.

In addition to “Hamilton,” Kail also directed the Lin-Manuel Miranda musical “In the Heights” on Broadway.

https://pagesix.com/2019/12/31/miche...r-thomas-kail/

eventually, like this is some long relationship? LOL.
    Novice, Trixie, weathered1 and 2 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Venom 2. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Michelle Williams reportedly pregnant, engaged to ‘Hamilton’ director Thomas Kail

Michelle Williams is reportedly engaged to the Tony Award-winning director of “Hamilton” — and the two are expecting a child.

Williams, who recently split with musician Phil Elverum, was spotted with director Thomas Kail, 42, in London where she is filming “Venom 2,” according to People magazine.

A source told the publication that Matilda, Williams’ 14-year-old daughter with the late Heath Ledger, set up the two lovebirds and that they eventually decided to marry.

The actress was also spotted buying baby clothes, the magazine said.

Williams and Elverum — who performs folk music under the moniker Mount Eerie — divorced eight months ago.

Kail directed the 39-year-old actress in the F/X drama Fosse/Verdon, where Williams plays dancer Gwen Verdon.

In addition to “Hamilton,” Kail also directed the Lin-Manuel Miranda musical “In the Heights” on Broadway.

https://pagesix.com/2019/12/31/miche...r-thomas-kail/

eventually, like this is some long relationship? LOL.
    Its like time is something completely different in Hollywood...
    DawnM74 and fgg like this.

Messy indeed. And while we're at it, can I say how sick I am of her always acting like the bereaved Ledger widow who lost the love of her life? They met on a movie set (sounds like a familiar pattern), she got pregnant, they were together for about 3 years and had broken up months before his death. I'm not saying it didn't crush her, especially since she had a small child with him who probably doesn't remember her father at all.

But all this "never give up on love" crap, GMAFB. She sure ditched her husband (of less than a year) quick once she met the (allegedly married) guy on a movie set. And now pregnant? Hmmm, yeah, don't give up on love, Michelle. *rolleyes*
    Mivvi21, Sarzy, rollo and 9 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She's just like her character in "Take this Waltz", that little minx!
    DawnM74 likes this.

Elite Member

Honestly, I always bought the heartbroken young mother thing. Huh. Now that you've laid it out for me, I can see this isn't exactly all it seems.
    czb, weathered1, Sleuth and 1 others like this.

It is not her but an actress by the same name.MW is not engaged or pregnant

Huh?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    It is not her but an actress by the same name.MW is not engaged or pregnant
    ? It is her. The other Michelle Williams is a singer, and this isn't about her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information