Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Harry Morton, founder of Pink Taco, dead at 38

Default Harry Morton, founder of Pink Taco, dead at 38

Harry Morton — the 38-year-old founder of the Pink Taco eateries and son of Hard Rock Cafe co-founder Peter Morton — has died, Page Six has learned.

Morton passed away Saturday at his $25 million home in Beverly Hills, an estate formerly owned by Elvis Presley, a family source confirmed.
    The source added the restaurateur had dined with the Morton family, including his father, the previous day and had seemed in good spirits.
    Enlarge ImageHarry Morton with Lindsay Lohan in 2006WireImage“Harry’s family is devastated. They believe his sudden death is related to an unforeseen medical issue, but it is too early to say,” the source added.
    The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department also confirmed that Beverly Hills PD is investigating.
    “We are saddened by the passing of Harry Morton, the founder and former owner of Pink Taco. Harry was a visionary and restaurateur ahead of his time, and his contributions, both professionally to our brand and personally to those he worked with, were numerous. Our thoughts and condolences are with his family and friends during this difficult time,” a Pink Taco spokesperson said in a statement.
    Morton worked for years for his father’s Hard Rock Cafe chain. In addition to his taco restaurants, he also owned Hollywood’s Viper Room, the nightclub where Joaquin Phoenix’s brother, River Phoenix, fatally overdosed in 1993. Harry bought the Viper Room in 2008.

Morton has been romantically linked over the years to everyone from Lindsay Lohan to Demi Moore and Jennifer Aniston.

Morton’s half-sister, model Domino Harvey, died of a drug overdose in 2005. The pair shared the same mother.
    His grandfather, Arnie Morton, co-founded the famed Morton’s Steakhouse chain.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Domino's father was actor Laurence Harvey. Keira Knightly played Domino in the movie and Jacqueline Bisset played her and Harry's mother, Paulene. Domino was a bounty hunter). What a family. These type of things always say aneurysm to me.

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/24/harry...429.1571983879

My first thought was where is Lindsay?

I don't remember this guy's issues, so I'm not sure what to say except that I hadn't thought about him in years and 38 is way too young to go regardless.
    tulip likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Od.
    fgg, witchcurlgirl and DawnM74 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

38? Damn that's young. I don't think there is any underlying medical condition, except for addiction.

Well these type of things say OD to me.

Viper Room and Lindsay Lohan in the same article with this dude? Come on.
    Sarzy, fgg, Kittylady and 4 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

But of course, this is a huge blow. They dated for a few months over 10 years ago. Thank goodness (per her mom) he is watching over her from heaven. *rolleyes*

Lindsay Lohan pays tribute to ex-boyfriend Harry Morton after his death

By Francesca Bacardi

November 25, 2019 | 9:29am

Lindsay Lohan is grieving the loss of her restaurateur ex-boyfriend, Harry Morton.

Lohan, 33, paid tribute to Morton on Instagram after learning of his death over the weekend. He was 38 years old.

“Best friends. Best life,” she captioned a black-and-white photo of her with Morton.

They dated in the summer of 2006.

Lohan’s mother, Dina Lohan, responded to the “Freaky Friday” star’s post, writing, “So sorry my lil princess [prayer emoji] he’s always with you, watching over you baby [heart emoji].” Her father, Michael Lohan, and siblings also expressed their condolences in the comments of the post.

The Pink Taco founder died at his $25 million Beverly Hills estate on Saturday.

“Harry’s family is devastated. They believe his sudden death is related to an unforeseen medical issue, but it is too early to say,” a family source told Page Six.

Morton’s cause of death hasn’t been released.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department also confirmed that Beverly Hills PD is investigating his death.

A Pink Taco spokesperson said in a statement that the company is “saddened by the passing of Harry Morton, the founder and former owner of Pink Taco. Harry was a visionary and restaurateur ahead of his time, and his contributions, both professionally to our brand and personally to those he worked with, were numerous.”

FILED U
    https://pagesix.com/2019/11/25/linds...-harry-morton/
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

Pink Taco Founder Harry Morton Had Nose Surgery Weeks Before Death

Harry Morton went under the knife to repair a deviated septum just weeks before his death -- and we're told authorities are looking at this as one scenario that could have caused his death.

Sources close to Morton tell us he recently got a septoplasty -- a surgery designed to straighten out the septum to allow for better airflow through the nose. Here's the scenario ... if the surgical instruments go deeper than they should, it could end up damaging the base of the brain ... something that could lead to death.

There's no way of knowing precisely what caused Harry's death until an autopsy is performed ... that will occur Monday. What's more ... our sources say Harry was back to his normal routine and as far as we could determine, he never complained about complications from the surgery.

As for other theories ... our law enforcement sources say there were no illegal drugs found at the scene and only a couple prescription drugs. There are other possibilities as well ... that would result in the death of an apparently healthy 38-year-old male, but so far, no answers.

TMZ broke the story ... Morton was found unresponsive by a family member at his home in Beverly Hills on Saturday. He was pronounced dead at his home.

Harry's ex, Lindsay Lohan, posted a photo of the couple in their heyday on Sunday, captioning the post, "Best friends. Best life."

Harry was best known as the founder of the Pink Taco restaurant chain, which became a big hit on the Sunset Strip and has since expanded to other cities. His grandfather, Arnie, cofounded the incredibly popular Morton's The Steakhouse chain in 1978, and his dad, Peter, cofounded the Hard Rock Cafe empire in 1971. Harry worked at HRC for years and later headed up the business' development wing.

He was also a volunteer sheriff's deputy in and around L.A. and dedicated hundreds of hours a year to the department. Morton was recently honored as Reserve Detective of the Year.

Harry was 38.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/25/pink-...surgery-death/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The DM is saying that he was hooked on something called 'ayahuasca', a psychedelic drug that distorts brain waves to create a vivid 'waking-dream' state.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ayahuasca.html
    DawnM74 likes this.

Yep, its a native south american shaman plant, kinda like peyote. He wouldn't be the first person it has killed.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

^is that something people are addicted to? i had no idea.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

could be, I have no idea.

Ayahuasca isn’t addictive (allegedly) and is even used off book to treat substance abuse.
    he could have been using it to treat other substance abuse issues, like cocaine addiction, which would explain the nose job...
    stella blue, Beeyotch, fgg and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah and also isn't there a whole ritual behind using it that would involve the presence of a shaman? I wouldn't think this was something you could just be doing on your own at home.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

i think the places that use it to treat substance abuse don't do the whole shaman thing, but i'm not sure. i remember reading about it being used in some hippie rehabs in south africa and it's also legal in some south american countries.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Family is revealing how the 38-year-old Pink Taco founder died.
    The L.A. County Coroner did an autopsy on Harry and learned that he died after suffering a heart attack due to several blockages in his arteries, TMZ reports.
    The coroner also revealed that Harry was suffering from coronary artery disease and also had a "mildly enlarged heart."
    The family also had another doctor confirm that Harry had calcification in 3 of his main arteries, which caused a sudden cardiac arrest.
    Over the weekend, it was announced that Harry was reportedly found dead at his home in Los Angeles

http://www.justjared.com/2019/11/27/harry-morton-died-from-a-heart-attack-coroner-says/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information