• 1 Post By HWBL
  • 5 Post By ShimmeringGlow
  • 1 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 3 Post By MsDark
  • 4 Post By crayzeehappee

Thread: Michael J. Pollard, actor (Bonnie & Clyde), dead at 80

Default Michael J. Pollard, actor (Bonnie & Clyde), dead at 80

Source: Variety

Michael J. Pollard, ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ and ‘House of 1000 Corpses’ Actor, Dies at 80

Academy Award nominee Michael J. Pollard, known for his roles in “Bonnie and Clyde” and “House of 1000 Corpses,” has died. He was 80.
    “House of 1000 Corpses” director Rob Zombie broke the news on Facebook early Friday morning.

“We have lost another member of our ‘House of 1000 Corpses’ family. I woke up to the news that Michael J. Pollard had died. I have always loved his work and his truly unique on screen presence,” Zombie said in his post. “He was one of the first actors I knew I had to work with as soon as I got my first film off the ground. He will be missed.”

Born 1939 in Passaic, N.J., Pollard attended Montclair Academy and Actors Studio in New York City in his early career. He started out in television in the late ’50s, appearing on shows like “Lost in Space” and “Star Trek,” but landed his breakout role as C.W. Moss, the accomplice-turned-snitch to Bonnie and Clyde in the 1967 film starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. Pollard received an Academy Award nomination for supporting actor and BAFTA nomination for most promising newcomer. He went on to star in films like “Dirty Little Billy,” “Melvin and Howard,” “Roxanne” and “Tango & Cash.”

More recently, Pollard starred in Zombie’s 2003 cult film “House of 1000 Corpses.” His last role was “The Woods” in 2012.
    “Michael J. Pollard was one of a kind. Made every film he was in better. You sat up and took notice,” Larry Karaszewski (who wrote “Dolemite Is My Name” with Scott Alexander) tweeted. “I met him once on the street in Beverly Hills and tried to pay him a compliment. He growled at me. I mean — literally growled at me. It was a perfect moment.”

ski
    @Karaszewski

Michael J. Pollard was one of a kind. Made every film he was in better. You sat up and took notice. I met him once on the street in Beverly Hills and tried to pay him a compliment. He growled at me. I mean - literally growled at me. It was a perfect moment.

Pollard is survived by his child, Holly Howland.

Brookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I knew his face, but never his name. A true character actor.

He was great in Bonnie and Clyde.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.

Beatty later cast him in a small part in Dick Tracy, too (as well as Estelle Parsons who was also in Bonnie & Clyde, is still alive and recently turned 92).

^Pollard, center, in DT (the other shots is mostly Al Pacino)

^Parsons and Glenn Headly in DT
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I know he was more famous for Bonnie and being Clyde and being Barney Fife's cousin, but I remember this dude from so many random movies. The first that popped into my head:

Roxanne (Andy)

The homeless dude who froze to death in Scrooged.

And looking for those pics I also discovered he was once married to Beth Howland, aka the waitress Vera (Dingy) who worked in Mel's Diner on Alice

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^I love Scrooged, and that part where Bill Murray sees the homeless guy Herman dead and frozen in the sewer is so sad. Especially when he tells him he should've stayed with Claire. If ever I saw Pollard in anything, I'd recognize him, but never knew his name. Great actor.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Thread Information