• 5 Post By BITTER
  • 9 Post By fgg
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By Beeyotch
  • 5 Post By NickiDrea
  • 2 Post By rollo
  • 3 Post By BITTER

Thread: Whitney Houston’s best friend Robyn Crawford confirms a physical relationship

fgg

Default Whitney Houston’s best friend Robyn Crawford confirms a physical relationship

Whitney Houston‘s best friend, Robyn Crawford, writes in her upcoming memoir that she and the late singer had a physical relationship, which she says ended over worries about how it would affect Houston’s career.

In her book, “A Song for You: My Life with Whitney Houston,” Crawford writes that their first kiss was “long and warm like honey.”

“As we eased out of it, our eyes locked, my nerves shot up, and my heart beat furiously,” the book reads, according to an excerpt released by People on Wednesday. “Something was happening between us. We never talked labels, like lesbian or gay. We just lived our lives, and I hoped it could go on that way forever.”

Crawford and Houston first met as teens in the summer of 1980 in New Jersey, where they were both counselors at a summer camp.

In the book, Crawford describes a physical relationship and the first time she says they touched each other.

“Caressing her and loving her felt like a dream,” she writes.

Crawford said their physical relationship ended by 1982 after the singer’s career began to take off. Houston allegedly told her that it would make their “journey more difficult” and told Crawford “living that life meant we would go to hell.”

After things ended romantically, Crawford and Houston stayed close, even becoming roommates. Houston went on to date Jermaine Jackson, Eddie Murphy and eventually marry Bobby Brown in 1992. Crawford ended up on Houston’s payroll, but over the years Crawford says she became more and more concerned about Houston’s issues with drugs.

Crawford writes that Houston told her she tried cocaine for the first time at age 14, and would often tell her, “Cocaine can’t go where we’re going,” but always said she “wasn’t ready” when Crawford pushed her to quit or seek help.

In 2000, Crawford quit her job working with Houston.

“I realized that I needed to save myself,” she wrote.

Houston and Crawford drifted apart after that, and Crawford writes that she was out to dinner when she learned that Houston had tragically died in 2012.

“I felt my insides shattering,” she wrote.

The memoir comes out on Tuesday, Nov. 12.

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/06/whitn...-relationship/
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Mh, who would have guessed that?
    I'm sooooo shocked.

Also, I miss Whitney.

I feel a little weird about this. It seems like Whitney never wanted this public. OTOH, it's this woman's life too so I guess she can reveal what she wants, but w/o Whitney's name, no one would give a fuck.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

A friend of mine saw them making out on a couch at an after-party back in the 80s, and Whitney had no qualms about them being seen by a bunch of strangers. And this was after 1982.
    DawnM74 and BITTER like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

We all know now, why is she saying it after all this time?
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

fgg

^she wrote a book! $$$$
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Yeah, the information is entirely redundant but apparently the $$$$ isn't. I don't often feel bad for Whitney but this is a revelation too far. I seriously hope no one does a tell-all about her daughter.
    fgg likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I was under the impression that she felt what she and Whitney had was special enough not to do this...guess I was wrong. Normally a tea-filled book like this would have me downloading my Kindle, but I cannot with this.
    rollo likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I don't know. I imagine that there's a certain catharsis in letting it all out in the sunlight, for all to see. If I were her, it might make me feel like it was good enough and nothing wrong with it being in the open, a certain relief in the truth now that it can't hurt Whitney.
    DawnM74 likes this.

They didn’t come out because Whitney’s mother was a homophobe, and because her record company believed that it would destroy her good-girl image.

But this has been an open secret forever.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Unfortunately, much as I loved Whitney's voice when she could sing, she destroyed her good-girl image herself.
    pinkbunnyslippers and DawnM74 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I do think that is partly true, but Cissy was an ogre and a bully. She wasn't always nice to the other members of her Sweet Inspirations group, I am guessing that some of that roughness was also a tool in her child-rearing.

Whitney had a choice I guess, but she made the wrong one, more than once. What a waste.
    Mivvi21, DawnM74 and weathered1 like this.

I had to take a few minutes to think long and hard but I found it. Does anyone remember Friday Night Videos? This was the first time I ever saw Whitney in a tv interview. She was 22. So humble, so poised. That big voice came out of this little girl.

Thread Information