• 1 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By Sunnygirl
  • 2 Post By sprynkles
  • 2 Post By Scruffie
  • 1 Post By sprynkles
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By sprynkles
  • 4 Post By fgg

Thread: Eddie Money Dies at 70, Weeks After Announcing Esophageal Cancer Diagnosis

Default Eddie Money Dies at 70, Weeks After Announcing Esophageal Cancer Diagnosis

Eddie Money Dies at 70, Weeks After Announcing Esophageal Cancer Diagnosis

source: https://people.com/music/eddie-money-dead-70/

Eddie Money died on Friday, less than a month after he announced that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer
    By Maria Pasquini September 13, 2019 11:05 AM

Eighties hitmaker Eddie Money died on Friday following complications from stage 4 esophageal cancer. He was 70 years old.
    “The Money family regrets to announce that Eddie passed away peacefully early this morning,” his family said in a statement to PEOPLE. “It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father. We cannot imagine our world without him. We are grateful that he will live on forever through his music.

The “Two Tickets to Paradise” singer’s death came less than
    a month after he announced
    that he had been diagnosed with the disease.

“I thought I was just going in to get a checkup and [the doctor] told me that I got cancer,” Money said in a clip from season two of his reality show Real Money. The show follows the daily lives of the musician, his wife Laurie and their five children.

Money received his diagnosis in the fall of 2018 while filming for the second season of his AXS TV reality series, which began airing that year. The news was announced as the musician recovered from unrelated complications following a heart valve procedure this summer.

Money went on to cancel the rest of his 2019 tour dates in July after developing pneumonia.

RELATED: Musician Eddie Money Reveals He’s Been Diagnosed with Stage 4 Esophageal Cancer

Money rose to fame in the ’70s and ’80s with hit songs like “Take Me Home Tonight,” “Walk on Water” and “Baby Hold On.”

As the son of a New York City Police Officer, Money initially tried to follow in his father’s footsteps, and actually entered an NYPD training program before quitting and moving to California.
    “I would have been a very lenient cop,” Money told Rolling Stone in 2018.

Over the course of his career, Money scored 11 Top 30 hits on Billboard’s Hot 100 and his hit “Take Me Home Tonight” earned him a Grammy nomination.

In 1981, Money overdosed on fentanyl. The incident left him with a badly damaged sciatic nerve, which he recounted in his hit 1982 album No Control.
    “It was very scary,” he told PEOPLE in 1996. “I was in physical therapy for more than a year.”
    After falling for his wife Laurie in 1985, Money decided to join a 12-step program and they went on to marry in 1989.
    The pair share children Zachary, Jessica, Joseph, Julian, and Desmond.

Last edited by twitchy2.0; September 13th, 2019 at 11:29 AM. Reason: formatting
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Default Eddie Money passed away

Stage 4 esophageal cancer.

I loved that song of his "Shakin'":

I was always a fan. RIP, Eddie.

Great album!
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; September 13th, 2019 at 11:29 AM.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Hey, can we delete or merge my thread with Sunnygirl's? Hers is better and I only did this one because I didn't think anyone else would.

So sorry for my shitty looking post! I’m just so sad right now. Went to my first concert at 16 in 1987 to see Eddie. Was the best damn show. He could spin a tambourine on the tip of his index finger. Was the coolest thing I ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hey, can we delete or merge my thread with Sunnygirl's? Hers is better and I only did this one because I didn't think anyone else would.
    My thread looks like doggy doo but has some cool pics ! The format is terrible, sorry everyone. I’m just so sad right now. I knew he was ill and found out last week and he did NOT look good. He was a true rocker. Saw my first concert at 16 for my birthday and was Eddie Money-1987. He was the man. He spun a tambourine on his index finger! But i just learned he had Fentanyl OD decades ago and that is what caused his paralysis. I had no idea it was that. Considering how bad this drug is is now it’s crazy. I’m sure the potency was NO way near as bad then. He also had a reality show too? I’m out of the loop.

RIP Eddie.

Swoon.

Last edited by twitchy2.0; September 13th, 2019 at 11:30 AM.
    sprynkles likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Aww, rest in peace, Eddie.

I've always liked his music. He actually has spoken to me. He said "hi" as he and his wife walked by us before a concert. He was pushing a stroller. It must have been around 1996?
    Sunnygirl and DawnM74 like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Here is his family. What a hodge-podge looking group of kids lol. Hmmm who’s on drugs, who’s got a stash of guns under his bed, who had his lunch money stolen everyday at school....lol the kid in denim shirt looks like a young Eddie. Handsome.

+12

His five children Zachary, Jessica, Joseph, Julian and Desmond appeared on the show

-Prince Rogers Nelson

One of my favorites. The Dracula reference in the video cracked me up.

-Prince Rogers Nelson

Bronze Member

May he RIP. I liked a lot of his songs a lot.

"Think I'm In Love" was my favourite, followed by "Two Tickets To Paradise".

At least he isn't suffering anymore.

Top Ten Eddie Money Songs
    sprynkles and Sunnygirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    Here is his family. What a hodge-podge looking group of kids lol. Hmmm who’s on drugs, who’s got a stash of guns under his bed, who had his lunch money stolen everyday at school....lol the kid in denim shirt looks like a young Eddie. Handsome.

+12

His five children Zachary, Jessica, Joseph, Julian and Desmond appeared on the show

So one of those kids was in the stroller I saw him pushing. Wow. He has a reality show which this pic is from. It was on an obscure network I've never heard of but it had it's first season last year.
    Sunnygirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    So one of those kids was in the stroller I saw him pushing. Wow. He has a reality show which this pic is from. It was on an obscure network I've never heard of but it had it's first season last year.
    Wow that’s crazy! Wonder if it was the kid who I think has an arsenal of weapons under his bed? Lol. Must be hard having a famous dad like that, especially one who had such drug struggles in the public eye. I was watching his old music videos again and I wonder if the girl in the “I think I’m in Love” video - the vampiress- is his wife? Kinda looks like her.

I always wondered why Eddie always did that funny head shake in all his videos. He had that Bieber haircut before Bieber was born, so he always shakes his hair and his head. I wonder if it was the side effect of the drugs or he thought he looked sexy when he shaked his head all the time. He looked goofy IMO lol.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Default Eddie Money on his 5 kids: ‘They’re not shooting heroin, or robbing houses’

Attempting to interview veteran rocker Eddie Money is sort of like strapping yourself into the Tilt-O-Whirl ride at a carnival. You have no idea where you’re going. You veer here, and careen there — from one subject, or non sequitur — to the next.

Wheeeee. “Baby Hold On,” indeed.

The plan is to quiz Money, 69, about his new reality show — “Real Money” — that debuts Sunday, April 8, on AXS TV. But when he learns that the reporter on the phone is from the Bay Area, the ride, naturally, takes a quick detour.

“I made my bones in the Bay Area,” says Money, who instantly rattles off fun anecdotes about playing all the local clubs and hanging out with acts like Tower of Power, Sammy Hagar and Night Ranger.

Then, there are the tales about legendary concert promoter Bill Graham (“He was like a dad to me”), and how he attended UC Berkeley for a while (“Go Bears!”), and how he had a “nice” house in Lafayette, and how he still enjoys playing playing Santa Cruz in the summer (“I love the food, the rides, the people”), and how he had a blast doing those Day on the Green concerts, but was clueless when it came to merchandising.

“There would be, like, 70,000 people in the stadium and we would show up with three boxes of T-shirts,” he moans.

The other thing to know about an Eddie Money interview is that he is, essentially, a frustrated stand-up comedian — eager to dust off his array of one-liners, off-color punchlines, and self put-downs.

More at the link

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/...obbing-houses/

This is really sad. I'd seen an article a few weeks ago about his cancer diagnosis. RIP.

I liked that Take Me Home Tonight song with Ronnie Spector. You can't find the video for it anymore, I guess.

This is the only time I can find them singing together and the audio is terrible.

Mivvi21 likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Default Eddie Money Dead at 70 from Complications from Heart Valve Procedure

9:47 AM PT -- A source close to Eddie tells us the singer died from complications associated with his heart valve procedure from a few months ago.

Eddie Money -- the '70s and '80s hitmaker known for "Take Me Home Tonight" and "Baby Hold On" -- has died ... TMZ has confirmed.
    The singer died Friday in Los Angeles. His family said, "The Money Family regrets to announce that Eddie passed away peacefully early this morning. It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father. We cannot imagine our world without him. We are grateful that he will live on forever through his music."

Eddie made the stunning revelation about his diagnosis during season 2 of his reality show, "Real Money." As we reported ... Eddie got the heartbreaking news late last year during a routine checkup with doctors.

It didn't look good at that point ... the cancer started in Eddie's esophagus but spread to other parts of his body. He'd been battling health scares for some time now. You'll recall he was forced to take a break from the road for other health issues -- a minor heart valve procedure in May and he also caught pneumonia in July, but neither issue was related to the cancer.

Eddie -- born Edward Joseph Mahoney -- was born in Brooklyn. He came from a long line of family members who served with the NYPD. He himself was on the force for 2 years ... before ditching NYC in 1968 for California to fulfill his lifelong dream of becoming a rock star.

Money worked the local clubs in Berkeley before he was signed to Columbia Records in 1976. His self-titled debut album earned double-platinum success. The album also included some of his classic hits ... including "Two Tickets to Paradise." His career spanned more than 4 decades and he sold over 28 million records.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/13/eddie...l-cancer-dies/
    DawnM74 likes this.

fgg

Eddie Money Renewed Vows with Wife 7 Months Before Death

Eddie Money really did have 2 tickets to paradise when he eloped 30 years ago with his wife, but the rock star managed to fulfill a lifelong dream to exchange church vows ... before he passed away.

Eddie and his wife, Laurie, renewed their vows back on February 7 at the California Community Church in the San Fernando Valley. The couple kept it a private ceremony, strictly for immediate family.

Laurie wore a Bob Mackie-designed wedding dress she had intended to wear when they eloped to Mexico in 1989 -- but the dress took 3 months to make. Turned out they didn't need it anyway because they ditched all formal wear for the beach ceremony.

The couple talked about exchanging vows in a church for YEARS but after he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer last fall, they finally formalized plans. The timing was perfect ... because just 3 months later, Eddie would also need to undergo a heart valve procedure.

Sadly, complications associated with his heart valve procedure led to his death last week.

The Money family tells TMZ ... they're thankful to all fans around the world who played Eddie's songs to celebrate his life and music after his passing. The family also set up the Eddie Money Cancer Research Fund at USC's Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center.

The renewal ceremony will be on Eddie's reality show, "Real Money" next month, and will feature 2 tracks from his son, Dez -- including his upcoming single, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/19/eddie...wife-30-years/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thread Information