Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Rumor Willis: I was bullied and called "potato head"...here's looking at you, GR!

fgg

Default Rumor Willis: I was bullied and called "potato head"...here's looking at you, GR!

Growing up in the spotlight isn't all sunshine and daisies, contrary to popular opinion.

Rumer Willis can attest to the harsh criticism she faced on a daily basis throughout her childhood, simply because she is the daughter of Demi Mooreand Bruce Willis. "They said I had a huge jaw. They said I had a ′potato head'," she shares in an interview with the Huffington Post.

Understandably, this ever-flowing commentary from the media and critics shaped the star's perspective of herself. She says that at a young age she "didn't really understand having value in myself yet."

"My mind went to, ‘OK, so if I get skinny or if I dress the right way or present myself very hyper-sexually and dress this way, then I'll be valued,'" the 30-year-old shares. Now, the actress is redefining the way she talks to herself and others, even on social media.

As a figure that is constantly being watched, whether on the streets or online, she says that she feels an obligation to be transparent and honest about what she is going through, even if it is is difficult. She explains, "I think the most important thing for me is doing my best to lead by example. I still deal with insecurity and trying to figure out my own path in all of it."

One thing that helps her to feel better about living in the public eye, is her drive to start a discussion about the gender inequalities in Hollywood. Once again, her childhood taught her a lot about the disparities in the way people view women versus men, which she witnessed firsthand with her mother and father. Rumer shares that she felt her mom would be labeled "difficult" or a "diva" for the same actions her father would take. Only he would be told "how amazing" he is.

"I need to do something about this," she states."Not because I'm trying to cause a scandal, not because I'm trying to get attention, but so this doesn't happen to other people."

https://www.eonline.com/news/1063482...her-teen-years
    Waterslide likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I hope you're all ashamed.
    fgg, KrisNine, Tati and 16 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Love the title. I was going to say that she must have read GR.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Sorry Taterhead!

Please. It's not like she's been hounded by the paps her entire life. She and her sisters have been attention-whoring since they were teens. They'd show up for a freaking envelope opening. I recall many threads where someone would ask "what the hell are they doing there?"

I get that it was probably hurtful to be criticized for her looks, but she put herself out there and wanted fame just because of her name, not for any particular talent. (Oh yeah, she won DWTS and had a few acting roles) She is the least low-key of the three. Unless you count the one who walked down the street topless to save the titties or whatever her "cause" was.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I hope you're all ashamed.

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

We ain’t said shit that wasn’t true.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    We ain’t said shit that wasn’t true.
    Yeah, that was always my excuse growing up - my mother and her hard-soled slipper insisted however, that not every truth needed to be shared. Funny thing, though, (actually hilarious, but it mortified my sister) when Mom got a little confused in her last couple of years, that rule was one of the first to short-circuit - especially around overweight people. Didn't matter if she knew them, or just passed them by in Target. "Am I that fat?" she would ask in the loudspeaker voice that meant she'd ditched the hearing aids again. "You're such a pretty girl, but you have to stop eating dog kibble before you marry my handsome grandson. Then you will be nice and slim." (Oh, yeah - those were her exact words, to my now daughter-in-law. )

Well she could have done something else with her life besides an entertainment career. Then people wouldn't have given (as much) of a fuck that she was one of the 3 lesser attractive children of two attractive famous stars.

Not sorry for calling a tater a tater. She's got a pretty good body though.
    DawnM74 and yanna like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

We call Peyton Manning a tater head too so she can't claim sexism on that one.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Ashamed? I'm cackling like a GD Hyena.

Elite Member

Rumer Willis can attest to the harsh criticism she faced on a daily basis throughout her childhood, simply because she is the daughter of Demi Mooreand Bruce Willis. "They said I had a huge jaw. They said I had a ′potato head'," she shares in an interview with the Huffington Post.

If you read it quickly, it sounds like Bruce and Demi were saying that about her.

Bruce and Demi should have taught her about all media, gossip, etc. when she was growing up, since they foisted her into the spotlight.

I have to admit, I do forget that the public can read this. Most of the time I feel like it's just our group on here.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I have to admit, I do forget that the public can read this. Most of the time I feel like it's just our group on here.
    Same!

She could have chosen to do something else and keep her life private. I mean, really, who cares about this chick? I find it hard to believe that she grew up in that world and doesn't realize people will say stuff no matter what you look like. We take the piss out of plenty of good looking celebs too. It's all fodder if you put yourself out there.
    effie2 and crayzeehappee like this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post

If you read it quickly, it sounds like Bruce and Demi were saying that about her.

Bruce and Demi should have taught her about all media, gossip, etc. when she was growing up, since they foisted her into the spotlight.

they didn't foist her into the spotlight. bruce and demi raised their kids in rural idaho.

demi came back to LA when they were in HS/college. so by that time, rumer made her own choice. *shrugs*
    DawnM74, Trixie and Beeyotch like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information