• 2 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 1 Post By cheray
  • 9 Post By MsDark
  • 11 Post By crayzeehappee
  • 2 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 4 Post By tulip

Thread: Olivia Newton-John says She's Dying of Cancer

Default Olivia Newton-John says She's Dying of Cancer

(CNN)As she battles cancer for the third time, Olivia Newton-John is not focusing on how much time she may have left.

The 70-year-old singer and actress sat down with "60 Minutes Australia" to talk about living with stage 4 breast cancer.

"When you're given a cancer diagnosis or a scary honest diagnosis, you're suddenly given a possibility of a time limit," she said.

"If somebody tells you, you have six months to live, very possibly you will because you believe that," Newton-John continued. "So for me, psychologically, it's better not to have any idea of what they expect or what the last person that has what you have lived, so I don't, I don't tune in."

The beloved star was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992 and again in 2013, but chose to keep that battle private.

Now that cancer has returned, Newton-John said she's been using cannabis oil to help manage her pain.

"I really believe the cannabis has made a huge difference," she said. "If I don't take the drops, I can feel the pain, so I know it's working."

She's taken a break from work and is focusing on helping others.

The "Grease" star has organized an auction of some of her memorabilia, including the famous leather outfit she wore in that iconic film which co-starred John Travolta.
    Proceeds will go toward the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre in Melbourne, Australia.

Fellow Aussie and friend Hugh Jackman recently shared a message of support for Newton-John from the stage in Sydney for his "The Man. The Music. The Show World Tour."

"You are the most amazing person, the most amazing mom, the most amazing ambassador," Jackman said. "And we love you."

Newton-John expressed gratitude during her interview in the midst of her illness.

"I'm so lucky that I've been through this three times and I'm still here," she said. "I'm living with it. Every day is a gift now, particularly now."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/06/enter...cer/index.html
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sad. She's been through a lot.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

And that daughter of hers! I hope she has plenty of support once she loses her mother because she's obviously got mental health issues with the insane amounts of plastic surgery she has had.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh no. Poor Olivia. So I take it she's not receiving treatment? I don't understand how it is stage 4. It went undiscovered for that long, or was it a really fast evolving cancer? So many questions.
    DawnM74 likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

She's had it three times, so I would hazard a guess that she has the gene and it seems to be faster and deadlier to those ladies, unfortunately. Of course, there's no way to know for sure since she's never really discussed it, which is her right.

Damn, poor woman. Cancer is a bitch.
    DawnM74 likes this.

God bless her.
    DawnM74 likes this.

I totally get what she is saying. My oldest son did all the research when I was diagnosed with breast cancer - so when the doctor told us the type I had, son #1 was the one who closed his eyes in relief and said, "Oh, thank God." I felt, and my kids agreed, that it was better for me to stay pretty uninformed while taking the steps necessary to beat it. Why? Because if I start reading about something medical, I'll only see/hear/read the bad stuff, and obsessively watch 'my disease' like a hypochondriac on crack. I've spent waaaay too much time in life watching my head explode with pain every day for the last 29 years to want to take on all the fears and fates of another medical problem.

On a positive note, my uncle's second wife was given 2-3 months about 5 years ago, and she's still here, and still getting around pretty damn good for a 94 year old. ,

Also, we took my daughter's Rottie, Dallas, to the vet in February because she wouldn't eat. They did a series of tests and ultrasounds, etc., and told us there was surgery that might help, but that in addition to the gastro issue, poor Dallas was riddled with cancer and she only had two or three months at best. So, we got her some meds to make her comfortable, and took her home for her last few days. We fed her roast chicken (in our mostly Vegan house!) and cuddled with her and just let her know how much she is loved.

We had to stop with the roast chicken after about a week, but all that chicken and loving did something wonderful, because she's laying on my feet right now.... alive, obviously. We're trying to just enjoy this time with her, but we realize at some point it's going to go downhill (she's 13) but what a gift.
    Trixie, czb, Brookie and 19 others like this.

You’re very lucky to get so much extra time with Dallas. When my husbands dog was found to have cancer from stem to stern about ten years ago there was zero hope of keeping him longer. It was also in his kidneys really badly and he couldn’t pee and when he did manage to pee he cried it hurt so bad. We only got to spoil him for two days before we realized we were torturing him and had to let him go. Still the chillest dog I’ve ever met in my life.

Oh, I'm so sorry, Greys.
    greysfang and fgg like this.

Olivia is an icon. Always beautiful, sweet and full of charm. Her daughter on the other hand is screaming out for something but I cant put my finger on it. Chloe always is photographed with her chesticles on front and centre display which is ironic considering her mother is dying from breast cancer.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    Jack I swear.

When my cat was diagnosed, they gave us a couple of weeks tops prognosis and we had him for another few months. Other than a tumor the size of an egg hanging off his side he was eating, drinking and doing everything else the same and in no pain or distress whatsoever. He definitely got used to the spoiling and I'm glad we had that time with him. He only really started to go downhill the last few days. The day before he wouldn't eat or drink and was in obvious pain. That night picked him up to lay on the bed next to me one last time where he used to jump up himself and sleep when healthy. Then we had to take him in the next morning. Dark Jr. was 16 years old but crying like a baby. Me too. I'm just glad that this occurred during one of those short-lived post-divorce periods where his dad was actually not being difficult because he drove us to the vet and then he and grandparents helped bury at our house after. This cat was never sick a day in his life (just shy of 15 years) until the cancer.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^Such heartbreaking stories, and they're really effecting me right now. On August 3, I had to have my cat Connor put to sleep. He was almost 16. He didn't have cancer, but he had health problems and took medication every day. That little orange guy was always there for me, and I still can't believe he's gone. I still expect to see him and then reality hits. I'm giving tons of belly rubs to my calico right now. So sad about ONJ. Cancer sucks. An understatement, of course.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

So sorry, Crazy.
    fgg and crayzeehappee like this.

Elite Member

I looooooooooved ONJ in the 70s. I used to sing into a jumprope and pretend it was a microphone while playing her records. She's been through so much -- he daughter, that weird boyfriend thing (the missing guy) and cancer 3X (!). Heaven knows what else she's dealt with. I wish her peace.

... and then we have cancer in pets, which is completely horrid as well. Poor fur babies. Cancer is such a beast, no matter who it strikes.

Thread Information