Like Tree38Likes
  • 5 Post By A*O
  • 15 Post By NickiDrea
  • 15 Post By MsDark
  • 2 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By effie2

Thread: Princess Eugenie & International Scoliosis Awareness Day

Default Princess Eugenie & International Scoliosis Awareness Day

Princess Eugenie has shared an emotional tribute thanking her fans for their support.
    The royal, 29, underwent spinal surgery to treat scoliosis aged 12, leaving her with a sizable scar along her spine.

And on Sunday evening Eugenie took to her Instagram account to share a throwback picture of the low-cut gown she wore during her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last October, which displayed her scar.
    Paying tribute to Scoliosis Awareness Day, which was on the 29th June, Eugenie thanked fans for the 'outpouring of support' she had received since wearing the dress.
    Princess Eugenie, 29, who underwent spinal surgery to treat scoliosis aged 12, has shared an emotional tribute thanking her fans for their support since wearing a wedding gown to show her scar at her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last OctoberSharing three pictures of her wedding gown, Eugenie wrote: 'It's International Scoliosis Awareness Day today and the end of Scoliosis Awareness Month in America.'Sharing three pictures of her wedding gown, Eugenie wrote: 'It's International Scoliosis Awareness Day today and the end of Scoliosis Awareness Month in America.
    'I have been overwhelmed by the messages of support that I have received since showing my scar on my wedding day.

'To all of you who have just received the diagnosis, to those wearing braces, to those recovering from an operation and for those who have lived with a scar for years - my thoughts are with you on Scoliosis Awareness Day. And to the doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and researchers - Thank You'.
    Eugenie's post quickly racked up over 100,000 likes and hundreds of comments.
    One follower wrote: 'Thank you for sharing your story and not pretending to be perfect. That is a true princess'
    Another added: 'You showing your scar gave me the confidence to wear my brace proudly and not be put off by the stares and the questions so thank you!'.
    Eugenie took to her Instagram account to share a throwback picture of the low cut gown she wore during her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last October, which displayed her scarEugenie's childhood operation resulted in a prominent scar, which Eugenie wore with pride, opting for a backless gown for her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last OctoberEugenie was diagnosed with scoliosis and underwent corrective surgery aged just 12, with a pair of eight-inch titanium rods inserted alongside her spine to rebuild it as a result of a curvature.
    The operation resulted in a prominent scar, which Eugenie wore with pride, opting for a backless gown for her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last October.
    In an interview before the wedding, the Princess, said: 'I think you can change the way beauty is, and you can show people your scars and I think it's really special to stand up for that.'
    The doctor who performed her surgery was even in attendance at the ceremony, invited by Eugenie.
    Speaking about the operation, she said: 'There are so many emotions and worries that go thundering through your head.
    'Will I be able to play sports, or will I look the same, or will I miss a lot of school and be behind? I remember being angry about not being able to run and play.'

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank on the steps of St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle after their weddingAfter a tumultuous few months where the young Princess had to be turned gently in bed and wear a brace, she went back to school and said she always had total faith in her doctor's and parent's assertions that she'd be okay.

The Princess, now a patron of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, said she wasn't always so open about her scar and did 'everything to hide it.'
    She said: 'I remember going back to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and showing a little girl who couldn't sit up from her operation. Her eyes grew so big and eventually a huge smile lit up her face when she saw I had a huge scar and was standing up tall in front of her.'
    Eugenie said her wedding dress had to show the scar, which she described at the 'centre point' to her outfit and that a veil would take away from her scar.
    The Princess also sent a message to young girls, saying: 'Be proud of the story you can tell and inspire people with.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...articleRelated

Oh I didn’t know that about her. Good on her.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

A*O

I doubt anyone would have even noticed The Scar until she drew attention to it. So she’s got *horror* a scar. I’ve got a few myself. Big deal.
    DawnM74, fgg, Mrs P and 2 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Good for her. People are self conscious about stuff like scars that no one but them would probably ever notice. People cover scars and birthmarks up with heavy makeup or even get plastic surgery to minimize them. She probably just gave someone confidence that they don’t have to hide an “imperfection” even on a day when they want to look perfect. And I’m glad she’s speaking out about scoliosis. Much respect to her.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

It's major surgery and probably scary and a big deal to a young kid. If seeing she's gone through it and turned out okay makes them less anxious then I can't see how this is a negative.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I adore her wedding dress!
    effie2 and Fly_On_TheWall2 like this.

that has to be one of the most beautiful wedding dresses i ve seen.She was a very pretty and happy bride.
    Mrs P likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

fgg

she did look pretty and the dress was nice on her but i don't love it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

maybe because i dont really like lacy stuff..this one has no lace but well cut nice material.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Thread Information