Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Michael Hutchence's daughter 'living in a squat after getting £500 inheritance'

Default Michael Hutchence's daughter 'living in a squat after getting £500 inheritance'

Michael Hutchence's daughter Tiger Lily 'living in a squat after getting £500 inheritance'

Tiger Lily Hutchence, who was tipped to inherit millions, allegedly said she felt "ignored" by her father's estate

ByMolly Pike

• 11:26, 5 JUL 2019
    • UPDATED18:54, 5 JUL 2019

Michael Hutchence's daughter Tiger Lily was left a pittance from her father's estate and has been living in a squat, according to reports.
    The 22-year-old allegedly spoke to documentary maker Richard Lowenstein about her poor financial situation, saying she felt "ignored" by her late dad's estate.
    It's claimed she inherited just £500 when her dad took his own life at age 37 in 1997.
    Tiger Lily, who Michael shared with Paula Yates, met with the director for research and to discuss using INXS' music in a new film about the singer's life.
    Speaking to WHO Magazine , Lowenstein claimed she told him: "I don't know if it's going to help because no-one acknowledges who I am or my part in the music or the legacy at all.

Tiger Lily Hutchence in 2016 (Image: Phil Harris/Daily Mirror)

Michael Hutchence and Tiger Lily

"I've just been ignored by Michael's estate and anyone else involved with his music."

Lowenstein claims he went to visit Tiger Lily in London to discuss the film and was shocked at how she was living.
    He said: "I met up with Tiger for dinner in London. We went to her flat to watch the documentary and it was like a little squat."
    Tiger Lily, whose real name is Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof, was tipped to inherit millionswhen she came of age at 21.

Paula Yates and Michael Hutchence with baby Tiger and Peaches Geldof

Tiger Lily is said to be living in a London squat

When Hutchence died in November 1997, his family were told he was virtually penniless.
    Despite an estimated worth of £16 million, the managers of his estate said any cash left in Hutchence's account was minimal - and had been swallowed up by a £295,000 Greenpeace donation in his will.
    They also said that his property portfolio, which he'd long talked about, wasn't actually his to sell or bequeath, leaving relatives with virtually nothing. Including Tiger Lily.
    Paula Yates left Tiger Lily £14,000 in her will.

Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates (Image: Getty)

CLICK TO PLAY
    LAST WORDS OF MICHAEL HUTCHENCE REVEALED IN NEW DOCUMENT
    Hutchence and TV *presenter Paula famously began their romance when she interviewed him in flirty fashion on her bed on Channel 4ís Big Breakfast show in January 1995.
    Tiger Lily was born 18 months later.
    However, she was just 16-months-old when her father was found dead in a hotel room, and was four when her mother, Paula Yates, lost her life to an overdose, with Tiger Lilly in the house at the time.
    Then, on the cusp of her 18th birthday, she became tangled-up in a bitter family feud between her adoptive father, Bob Geldof, and her real fatherís family in Australia.
    She then suffered more loss when her half-sister, Peaches Geldof, died of an overdose in April 2014.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...-lily-17474552

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I find it hard to believe the Geldoffs aren’t helping her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What a tragic mess this whole family was. I feel bad for TL.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I know, either way--whether the Geldoffs are ignoring or helping her finanacially--the fact that she's trotting this out there this way doesn't bode well for her.

Just reading that family history of OD's, her mom, her dad, her half-sister. It's ominous and ugly and I kind of feel for her, like she never had a real chance.
    Waterslide, czb, Sleuth and 3 others like this.

I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since Peaches died. I still think of her kids as little babies.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I can’t believe it’s been 5 years. I remember talking about her casket.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I can't believe it's been over 20 years since Michael Hutchence died, either.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

That one was shocking to me back then. I really loved INXS!

Waterslide, holly and Mrs P like this.

On the piped in playlist they play at work, they've lately been playing "The One Thing" which kind of surprises me because I don't think it was a super huge hit in the US and it's kind of one of their older songs.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I am watching it now on YT. I really had no idea that was INXS. And I Loved that song! Wow. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Waterslide likes this.

My heart really does break for Tiger Lily. She has had such a shitty start to life. Where the fuck is Bob?
    mopar likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I find it hard to believe the Geldoffs aren’t helping her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    My heart really does break for Tiger Lily. She has had such a shitty start to life. Where the fuck is Bob?
    Bob is probably paying for the flat she lives in which, being in London, is probably worth quite a bit. The headline is misleading - she's not actually living in a squat, the documentary maker described it as 'being like a little squat'. Which probably means its an untidy, student-y shit tip.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Allegedly, though, he wasn't helping Peaches which is why she was doing daily pap strolls for a living/drugs. Her mother also had frequent spreads in Hello magazine for no particular reason. I'd like to think Geldof was helping his other kids (and adopted one) but who knows? Some celebrities are very tight with their money and yet lax with their kids' upbringing so that the kids end up with few ways of supporting themselves and it all gets very miserable. Even if you buy them a place to live, how they are going to pay for anything?
    DawnM74 and idunno like this.

work?
    A*O, greysfang, DawnM74 and 9 others like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I never hear of any of them doing any work unless they are 'models.'
    DawnM74 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information