Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 4 Post By MsDark
  • 1 Post By Kittylady
  • 1 Post By rollo

Thread: Heather Mills receives High Court apology after settling phone hacking case

Default Heather Mills receives High Court apology after settling phone hacking case

Heather Mills wins High Court apology after settling her News of the World phone hacking case for 'substantial' sum

• Heather Mills today spoke about how she was hounded by the media giant
    • She slammed News Group Newspapers over 'targeted smear campaign'
    • Blamed them for the closure of her charity, which helped landmine victims

By SEBASTIAN MURPHY-BATES FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 10:35, 8 July 2019 | UPDATED: 15:36, 8 July 2019
    Heather Mills has received an apology at the High Court after settling her case against the News of the World over phone hacking for a 'substantial' sum.
    The businesswoman and campaigner, who was formerly married to Sir Paul McCartney, settled her claim against News Group Newspapers (NGN), the ex-publisher of the newspaper, in February for an undisclosed sum.
    An apology to Heather and her sister Fiona Mills – whose claim was also settled – was read out at a hearing in London, before Mr Justice Mann, on Monday.

+3

Mills (pictured on the steps of the High Court this morning) slammed the media giant, blaming it for the collapse of her charity

Ben Silverstone, for NGN, said: 'The defendant is here today, through me, to offer its sincere apologies to Ms Heather Mills and Ms Fiona Mills for the distress caused to them by the invasion of their privacy by individuals working for or on behalf of the News of the World.
    'The defendant accepts that such activity should never have taken place and that it had no right to intrude into the private lives of Ms Heather Mills or Fiona Mills in this way.'
    David Sherborne, for the Mills sisters, said: 'The claimants were, and still are, profoundly upset to discover the sustained and repeated invasions of privacy by individuals working for or acting on behalf of the News of the World.

+3

The former model (pictured in central London today) claims it is the biggest libel payout in British legal history

'The claimants believe that the publication of articles in the defendant's newspapers had a seriously corrosive effect on (their) relationships with their friends and family, some of which can never be repaired.'
    The sisters' claims were settled on the basis that NGN made no admission of liability in relation to their allegations of voicemail interception or other unlawful information gathering at The Sun.
    In a statement outside court after the hearing, Ms Mills said her feeling was one of 'joy and vindication'.
    She added: 'My motivation to win this decade-long fight stemmed from a desire to obtain justice, not only for my family, my charities and myself, but for the thousands of innocent members of the public who, like me, have suffered similar ignominious, criminal treatment at the hands of one of the world's most powerful media groups.'
    When asked if this was the end of her litigation against NGN, she replied: 'This is the end for now – unless anything else pops up.'
    She slammed the media giant for ruining 'thousands' of lives after it 'systematically destroyed' her reputation and forced her to quit her landmine charity, which eventually shut down.

+3

Heather Mills has received a `substantial´ sum, she revealed on the steps of the High Court in central London today

'We live in a society where people believe what they read and the domino effect of people repeating these lies verbatim ricochets throughout society and in this case resulted in far reaching negative impact,' she said.
    She added that journalists assaulted her, kicking her and forcing her up against a wall as they tried to get the perfect shot. She also claims that their pursuit resulted in her being injured in a car crash.
    Speaking of the impact of the media glare on her daughter, Beatrice McCartney, she said: 'The full context of media intrusion on every street corner was impossible for any child to understand.'
    She spoke of living in fear as police told the family they were facing death threats.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-claim.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Oh lord. She’s always gotta be in the news.😠
    fgg likes this.

Well at least she wrung some money out of a rag instead of another celebrity spouse too dumb to have a prenup.

This bitch probably could get blood out of a stone.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The Sun deserved it, and much more.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Well at least she wrung some money out of a rag instead of another celebrity spouse too dumb to have a prenup.

This bitch probably could get blood out of a stone.
    Her hit rate is impressive.
    Labelwhore likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Thread Information