Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Fury at Gwyneth Paltrow over wellness summit: ‘A f - - king extortionist’

fgg

Default Fury at Gwyneth Paltrow over wellness summit: ‘A f - - king extortionist’

Attendees of Gwyneth Paltrow’s UK wellness summit in London are revolting after they were charged $5,700 to attend — then subjected to a weekend-long Goop sales pitch, while the actress skipped out on some of the festivities.

One attendee told us that a prominent British guest was so appalled by the aggressive Goop hype that she sent a WhatsApp message to fellow attendees saying, “GP [what the Goop community calls Paltrow] is a f - - king extortionist.”

Those at the event this weekend were urged to book rooms through Goop at $1,300 for two nights at the Kimpton Fitzroy London Hotel, but some later discovered that rates that weekend started at $250 a night. (The Goop rooms were suites with a gluten-free breakfast included.)

The event featured a “health summit” where Gwyneth — who was surrounded by security — offered helpful tips such as “creativity with your hands is like channeling God,” how to “hydrate mindfully” along with a sound bath, and a workout with her trainer Tracy Anderson.

An on-site Goop store offered fare like a $55 vibrator named the Millionaire (because it “Feels like a million bucks”).

One attendee told us, “Gwyneth acts like she’s a health goddess, but actually she’s a pretentious, greedy extortionist. She had a ton of security . . . She was unapproachable. She did the minimum — a few fireside chats with Twiggy and Penelope Cruz, then she put on her Birkenstocks and snuck out . . . I was a huge fan of Gwyneth; now I feel like I have lost my faith in God.”

A Goop rep said the true value of the weekend was over $8,000 because of free extras including golden facials and “far-infrared gemstone therapy” as well as health panels not connected to Goop.

As for Gwyneth: “In addition to walking around the summit, she also hosted an intimate workout class with Tracy . . . followed by . . . a panel, where she and Tracy answered attendee questions in an honest, casual setting . . . We have not received negative feedback . . . [It] was more along the lines of, ‘Thanks for an amazing weekend!’ ”

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/02/fury-...-extortionist/
    sprynkles, Nevan, Brookie and 2 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I don't understand how anyone pays her any money.
    holly, fgg, NickiDrea and 18 others like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

"I feel like I have lost my faith in God." This person deserved to be ripped off.

"
    an intimate workout class"
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

"A fool and their money are soon parted" - that's how I feel about anyone who would pay almost $6k to someone who's a known fraud.

As far as the rooms, these morons should have checked with the hotel about room rates, & not just did whatever Goopy said to do. But then again, that goes back to my first point. If they had two brain cells, they wouldn't be there to begin with.

$55 vibrator named the Millionaire
    I guarantee you that this thing isn't properly grounded....

Stone her. Stone her.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Make her use bourgeoisie toilet paper!
    Honeythorn, weathered1 and DawnM74 like this.

As lame as the Oprah worshipping. All hype. A whole lot of nuthin'.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Eve if all of this is true (and of course it is), it doesn’t make her an “extortionist.” It makes the attendees morons for spending thousands on her ridiculous fake products.

“Far infrared gemstone therapy?”
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Eve if all of this is true (and of course it is), it doesn’t make her an “extortionist.” It makes the attendees morons for spending thousands on her ridiculous fake products.

“Far infrared gemstone therapy?”
    I homed in on that one, too. It's a light-spectrum wavelength that causes blood vessels to expand. People think it aids healing and recovery from exertion, apparently.

I agree with Nikki on this event sounding overblown. This is not Fyre Festival where defrauded were were starving and suffering from heat exhaustion.

Stupid is as stupid does. As in paying almost 6 grand for fishstick's woo woo crap.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post

Far infrared gemstone therapy?
    That part had me crackin' TF up.
    Brookie and DawnM74 like this.

Elite Member

Some critical thinking before you fork over 5,700 bucks, perhaps. Or just a google search.
    rollo, DawnM74 and GRuser1 like this.

Have they all forgotten that this “Wellness” practitioner gave herself osteoporosis by way of starvation? She’s a snake oil saleswoman
    rollo, Kittylady, Mivvi21 and 5 others like this.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

It's unbelievable to me that after all these years, people don't know what they're in for.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information