Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By ShimmeringGlow

Thread: Russell Crowe has meltdown while defending Roger Ailes

fgg

Default Russell Crowe has meltdown while defending Roger Ailes

Russell Crowe had another of his trademark meltdowns this week. The historically histrionic actor lost it at a Q&A event — while defending late Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, whom Crowe plays in a new Showtime series, “The Loudest Voice.”

A source told us that Crowe was scheduled to take part in a panel discussion about the series at Build Studio in the Village — but went off on a tirade when event producers wanted the host to introduce Crowe to the stage in a way that would cast Ailes in a bad light.

“It was harmless,” says the source. “But Russell threw himself into a rage as soon as he heard it. It had not been preapproved by his people. He refused to walk out on the stage. He was screaming at people and then just stormed out onto the street.”

We hear his castmates Sienna Miller, Naomi Watts, Annabelle Wallis and Seth MacFarlane were already onstage during the incident. When the host, Ricky Camilleri, introduced the panel, he referred to Ailes — who resigned from Fox News in 2016 following sexual-harassment allegations — as someone who bullied journalists and politicians, and was a “sick person.” He then took it further, proceeding to expand on his negative views of Ailes.

According to the source, Crowe returned to the building to do a press interview in the basement, and Camilleri and a producer came down to apologize to him. But Crowe was still fuming. “He completely unloaded on the host!”

A rep for Crowe told us, “This is not correct. Russell did not ‘freak out,’ and there was no ‘curse-filled tirade.’ He simply made the decision not to do the interview following the host’s intro.” They claimed Crowe “graciously accepted” the apology.

A rep for the panel said, “[Crowe] was concerned the interview would be biased given our host saying [Ailes] was not a good guy. That’s the end of the story. Our studio is a place of respect and comfort, and everyone who comes here has a great time. It’s just not true.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/01/russe...g-roger-ailes/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'd have to hear what the guy who was doing the intro said.

The historically histrionic actor
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The miniseries is based upon the 3 million dollar settlement that Laurie Luhn got from Fox because Ailes basically kept her as his sex slave. She claims that he filmed her everytime they were together to blackmail her. No one knew her name at the time and I'm pretty sure that he would be the one looking bad if he released the tapes, so I have a hard time with parts of her story. Anyway, Fox tripped over themselves to pay her, so her story must have sounded familiar enough to them to make it go away so quickly.
    sprynkles likes this.

I'm giving this the side eye and thinking this is not exactly the whole story (if not a fabrication altogether) not because he's not capable of throwing a tirade....but because he was recently on Stern promoting this and I can assure you there's no way they were defending Roger Ailes and anything he did. Quite the opposite in fact. Yet no fits were thrown and it was a great interview.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I hope there's footage of the reactions of Sienna, Naomi,etc because I need to be amused.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Thread Information