Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Jessica Biel lobbying CA lawmakers alongside Anti-Vax Activist Robert F. Kennedy

Default Jessica Biel lobbying CA lawmakers alongside Anti-Vax Activist Robert F. Kennedy

There's a finite amount of disk space in my brain, so if I knew that Jessica Biel was an anti-vaxxer, I must have blocked it out.

We live in a world where people take their science and child-rearing tips from the chick from Seventh Heaven. Not surprised...just terrified.

And those links at the end are all pics of lawmakers posing with Biel like she's at fucking Comic Con or something.

Well, Here's Jessica Biel Apparently Lobbying California Lawmakers Alongside Anti-Vaccine Activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Anna Merlan
    Yesterday 11:30amFiled to: CALIFORNIA

Screenshot: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (Instagram)

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is a formerly well-respected environmental activist who has, in recent years, begun making a variety of extremely dubious claims about vaccines, and working hard to influence public vaccine policy through both lobbying and lawsuits. Jessica Biel is an actress married to another famous person, whom we last wrote about because she had a restaurant. In an interesting indicator of the times in which we live, Kennedy and Biel were photographed yesterday at the California State Assembly, where they appear to have been lobbying lawmakers together. Afterwards, Kennedy posted a series of Instagram photos praising Biel as “brave.”

Kennedy is the founder of Children’s Health Defense, a group which began its life as the World Mercury Project and which presents itself as an environmental organization. One of the busiest arms of Children’s Health Defense focuses on making claims that vaccines are unsafe, insufficiently tested or contain toxic levels of mercury. Kennedy was recently one of the listed attorneys for a group of anonymous Brooklyn parents who sued over a mandatory vaccination order in Williamsburg, meant to combat a serious measles outbreak there.

To further this political agenda, Kennedy Jr. has also been focused on combating legislation in California authored by state senator and pediatrician Dr. Richard Pan, which aims to increase the oversight of medical exemptions, a doctor’s note that allows parents to keep their children from having to be vaccinated. Pan and his co-sponsor in the State Assembly, Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, allege that “a handful of doctors in the state” are abusing the medical exemption process and selling exemptions to parents who don’t have an actual medical reason for not vaccinating their kids. California’s vaccination rate has dipped for the second straight year, and there’s persuasive evidence that parents who were previously applying for personal belief exemptions — exemptions that were written out of the law in 2015— are now applying for medical exemptions instead.
    Robert F. Kennedy Jr., predictably, opposes the proposed bill increasing the oversight on medical exemptions.

But does Jessica Biel? We’d love to tell you, however, her PR representatives haven’t yet returned several emails and phone calls seeking comment, and she hasn’t made any public statements. She did, however, appear in a series of photographs that Kennedy posted on his Instagram and Twitter, which really do appear to show them talking to lawmakers together on June 11 at the California State Assembly and State Senate.

“Please say thank you to the courageous @jessicabiel for a busy and productive day at the California State House,” Kennedy wrote.

Screenshot: Instagram/Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Screenshot: Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Biel sometimes discusses environmental causes on social media, but she’s never made any kind of public statement about vaccines. A unconfirmed story from an anonymous source in In Touch in 2015 alleged that she and husband Justin Timberlake weren’t vaccinating their son because “she feels vaccinating could cause complications.”

We’ve contacted representatives for Biel and Children’s Health Defense for comment and will update should we hear back.

Update, 3:00 P.M.:

While we’ve yet to hear from Biel or Kennedy’s representatives, social media posts from several legislators indicate that Biel was speaking to them in order to oppose SB 276, the bill tightening the medical exemption process. The posts also indicate that those Assembly members and state senators were excited to pose next to her.
    Whelp!

Screenshot: State Senator Brian W. Jones

Screenshot: Assemblyman Devon Mathis

Screenshot: Assemblyman Tom Lackey

Screenshot: Senator Ling Ling Chang

SHARE THIS STORY

https://jezebel.com/well-heres-jessi...nia-1835444312
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Well I guess she is no longer just an irrational dislike of mine.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Moron.

She and Timberlake can both drop dead. Idiots extraordinaire.
    Dolly, Kittylady, DawnM74 and 1 others like this.

Oh for fucks sake. Can we stop this country getting stupider by the minute?

She's got the cash to keep her little germ ball at home instead of infecting other kids, but 99% of people dumb enough to be influenced by an actress don't.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The sheer volume of stupid revealed every damn day is exhausting.

Elite Member

I can't even.
    Kittylady likes this.

Well those two can fuck right the hell off and don't think I didn't see your comment Rosanna Arquette.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Well those two can fuck right the hell off and don't think I didn't see your comment Rosanna Arquette.
    Haha, I missed it and had to back and look. I just can't with the ignorance.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Someone on Twitter wrote: So I guess her and Justin Timberlake are bringing measles back

I lolled.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Oh for fucks sake. Can we stop this country getting stupider by the minute?

She's got the cash to keep her little germ ball at home instead of infecting other kids, but 99% of people dumb enough to be influenced by an actress don't.
    I am totally stealing that.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

From her IG:

jessicabiel

This week I went to Sacramento to talk to legislators in California about a proposed bill. I am not against vaccinations — I support children getting vaccinations and I also support families having the right to make educated medical decisions for their children alongside their physicians. My concern with #SB276 is solely regarding medical exemptions. My dearest friends have a child with a medical condition that warrants an exemption from vaccinations, and should this bill pass, it would greatly affect their family’s ability to care for their child in this state. That’s why I spoke to legislators and argued against this bill. Not because I don’t believe in vaccinations, but because I believe in giving doctors and the families they treat the ability to decide what’s best for their patients and the ability to provide that treatment. I encourage everyone to read more on this issue and to learn about the intricacies of #SB276. Thank you to everyone who met with me this week to engage in this important discussion!

After reading through SB 276: SB 276 closes a loophole in medical exemptions where parents could apparently get a physician to write them an exemption (not sure if a bribe was involved). The loophole was being abused. Now, physicians have to do a personal examination of the child. Then, send their findings and recommendation for an exemption (based on CDC guidelines for what could qualify as an exemption) to a review board. The review board would then approve or deny the request. Clearly, this would slam shut the loophole. People are objecting to this on different grounds, but I honestly don't see what the issue would be unless there is a danger that a legitimately exemptable kid kid's request would get lost in the bureaucracy or something.
    mostroop, crayzeehappee and Mrs P like this.

No, Jessica, just no. That’s not what will happen. If your “friends” kid has a legitimate medical exemption there isn’t a problem. The problem is with little Lincoln Zephyr getting an exemption because his mom (and her pack of essential oil warrior mom’s with their degrees from Google U) doctor shopping until they get you exempt because of mercury, aluminum, and the autism.
    MsDark, greysfang, DawnM74 and 6 others like this.

This B+ list actress is being disingenuous about her recent activities this week. In the past she has stated she would not vaccinate her own child. She just wasn't expecting the huge blow back and didn't talk to her team ahead of time.

POSTED BY ENT LAWYER AT 8:30 AM 40 COMMENTTh

The comments are gold because there is an anti-vaxxer talking shit and everyone is tearing he/she apart.

*edit* you can click on comments and see them.
    DawnM74, Sleuth and Waterslide like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information