• 1 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 4 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 6 Post By Novice
  • 3 Post By holly
  • 3 Post By Novice
  • 8 Post By BITTER
  • 2 Post By Waterslide

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow doesn’t care that we hate her as we’re “not her people”

Default Gwyneth Paltrow doesn’t care that we hate her as we’re “not her people”

Sinking into despair: dirty dishes keep Gwyneth Paltrow awake

June 9 2019, 12:01am, The Sunday Times

Paltrow: ‘I don’t care about the haters. Haters don’t mean anything to me because they are not my people’SEBASTIAN KIM
    Save

She is one of the world’s wealthiest women, an Oscar-winning actress and an apostle of beauty and wellness. Yet when Gwyneth Paltrow goes to bed at the end of another fabulously successful day, something dark gnaws at her soul. “I can’t sleep at night if there are dishes in the sink,” says the 46-year-old guru of Goop.
    The horror of overlooked washing-up appears to be one of very few blights on the Paltrow family’s gilded life. The star tells The Sunday Times Style magazine today that she has a “crazytown handsome” new husband, children who are “f****** awesome people” and a belief that as she approaches her fifties “how much better it is all going to get”.
    Yet somehow, as she lies on her organic, non-toxic, California-made mattress, the niggling thought of those tamarind-stained soup plates keeps her awake. Paltrow does not say if she leaps up to wash them herself but it’s clear that a fixation on the sink’s contents will not distract her for long. In short, she does not care what anyone thinks of her new-age fondness for group vaginal steaming, Soulstrology sound baths and Somadome meditation pods. “I don’t care about the haters,” she says. “Haters don’t mean anything to me because they are not my people.”
    Gwyneth Paltrow says Brad Falchuk, whom she married last year, is ‘crazytown handsome’

Instead she reveals a surprising personal detail. Last year the former wife of Chris Martin, Coldplay’s front man, married Brad Falchuk, an American television producer and writer who co-created Glee, but the two do not live together.
    Falchuk, 48, spends three nights a week at his own house and four nights at Paltrow’s Los Angeles home, an arrangement approved by her intimacy teacher as a means of keeping the relationship fresh. “Oh, all my married friends say that the way we live sounds ideal and we shouldn’t change a thing,” she giggles.
    Paltrow, who has two children, Apple, 15, and Moses, 13, who she says have lost their British accents, said boys are “a thousand times more sensitive than girls. Little boys need care and love and sweetness and physicality, while little girls tend to be more resilient.” She claims to be strict about teaching them manners and finds American children “sometimes don’t have such good manners” as those she remembers in London.
    Paltrow has felt the early signs of menopause but declines to be concerned. “I think there is something so incredibly powerful about getting to that stage.” Her only regret ? “I had to turn 40 to start getting my head out of my ass . . . I can only imagine in my fifties how much better it is all going to get.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/...chuk-b2zk5x3gp

Hah.

I get being your own person and tuning out the negativity. That's great. Everyone needs to do that. But then again, it also seems healthy sometimes to entertain other people's ideas or criticisms because otherwise you're going through life in a house of mirrors.

I actually read something funny about Gwyneth at Lainey's site of all places...I don't read Lainey's site so I don't know when her obsession with Gwyneth took a turn...

Gwyneth Paltrow doesn’t want to be “exempt”

Posted by Lainey2:53 PMJune 10, 2019

Ummm…really?

There are three headlines about Gwyneth Paltrow making the rounds today. Two of them are connected so we’ll deal with them in a minute. Let’s start with what she said about marriage to Brad Falchuk. In an interview with The Sunday Times Style magazine via the Daily Mail, G says she and Brad are only together four nights of the week, and the other three nights he goes back to his place. Is that weird? According to G, “Oh, all my married friends think that the way we live sounds ideal and we shouldn't change a thing”.

It’s not weird when you consider that they have a blended family, that they were both previously married, with children from those marriages, and a lot of people in similar situations are setting up their homes this way. It’s more stable for the children. The kids don’t move from one house to another according to custody arrangements; rather, the parents are the ones who are mobile. I don’t know for sure that that’s why G and Brad have worked it out this way (she says her “intimacy teacher” recommended it as a way to keep the relationship fresh) but this isn’t the first time I’ve heard of this kind of situation – and of course it only works when there are the resources to support it. Because with this setup, everyone has to support multiple residences. And, of course, that’s not realistic for many people.

G also talked about fame, her celebrity, and how she’s grown, or how she thinks she’s grown after 25 years in the business:

“Look, I'm famous, I get famous-person treatment. You don't want to be an asshole, but slowly if people start removing obstacles for you, if you live in a world where you never have to sit in line, where people don't confront you, where they don't tell you the truth, that's what you become. That's what I became after Shakespeare In Love and was, for the moment, the number one female movie star in the world.”

(using my highest pitch voice here) Was she really the “number one female movie star in the world”? Have you heard of a minor star by the name of Julia Roberts? Anyway…G continues:

“Luckily, my dad burst my bubble for me in a way that it could never be reconstructed,' she said. 'I guess the only regret is that I had to turn 40 to start getting my head out of my ass. What if I'd been 30? 20? Still, I can only imagine in my 50s how much better it is all going to get. I see so many famous people who are exempt from life, who've set up this construct where they don't really have to risk anything. Usually, because of their ingrained fear of intimacy -- and I don't want to be like that. I want to be in the rough and tumble of life, I don't want to be exempt.”

Gwyneth Paltrow is trying to tell us that she’s not “exempt” from life and doesn’t want to be. That she doesn’t want to live in a “construct”. I mean, you don’t need me to put the “AS IFFFFF” in here for you because you’ve already AS IFFFFFed her all the back to Shakespearean times.

So now, if you haven’t already, please enjoy this clip that’s making the rounds from G’s appearance on Jon Favreau’s The Chef Show on Netflix:

Jarett Wieselman
    @JarettSays

Gwyneth Paltrow genuinely did not know she was in "Spider-Man: Homecoming" so this adorable interaction from "The Chef Show" is easily my favorite thing on the internet today

10:24 AM - Jun 7, 2019

15.7K people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

How much more “exempt” can you get when you don’t know YOU WERE IN A MOVIE?!

And a Marvel movie! These are not small movies!

Only Gwyneth Paltrow, you know? Only f-cking Gwyneth Paltrow would be totally unaware, so unaware that she keeps debating it, that she was in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Millions of fans, all around the world, hanging on every Marvel update, fighting among themselves to read into clues and script leaks, wondering what’s up with Tony and Pepper (Pepperony!), and she’s out here all…

I was in that? Really? That was what it was for?

EXEMPT!?

Sure. Sure, G. Sure.

Attached - Gwyneth hosting a goop event in LA last week.
    https://www.laineygossip.com/gwyneth...her-fame/55846

Video at the link.
    Sleuth likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    ... “I had to turn 40 to start getting my head out of my ass . . ..”

so this event already happened? i'm surprised it didn't make the cover of the NYT or VagMonthly.

In short, she does not care what anyone thinks of her new-age fondness for group vaginal steaming, Soulstrology sound baths andSomadome meditation pods. “I don’t care about the haters,” she says. “Haters don’t mean anything to me because they are not my people.”

Like the Orgasmatron from Sleepers.

Elite Member

I don't hate her. I just think she's a gullible twat who falls hook, line and sinker for every snake oil salesman out there. Which I find entertaining.
    DawnM74 likes this.

She cares. She wants the world to know and the status and the money.
    She is so hip and wise and perfect and edgy

I'm actually relieved that people like this exists. I'm a very private person and get very anxious in social situations, and then someone like her always opens her mouth and I don't have to worry about what I say anymore.
    czb, Waterslide, Mrs P and 6 others like this.

Meh she's not hurting anyone. I don't know why I don't hate her, I just don't. She does her thing and obviously it works for a lot of people given how successful Goop is. She's right. She has a specific audience. They love her. Why should she care about anyone else?

Frankly it's a good life lesson. Find your people. Tune out the rest.

If her tone deafness effected people's lives (I'm looking at you Trump), I'd hate.
    mopar likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Her behavior seems clueless and entitled, but not malicious and mean. So I don't really hate her either. But I also think her goop stuff is BS and I don't think her husband is handsome at all. Which doesn't matter cause I am not her people.
    DawnM74, czb, CornFlakegrl and 1 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Meh she's not hurting anyone. I don't know why I don't hate her, I just don't. She does her thing and obviously it works for a lot of people given how successful Goop is. She's right. She has a specific audience. They love her. Why should she care about anyone else?

Frankly it's a good life lesson. Find your people. Tune out the rest.

If her tone deafness effected people's lives (I'm looking at you Trump), I'd hate.

Except she is. She give advice about taking her shitty supplements instead of getting proper (ie will cure you) medical treatment, recommends shoving foreign objects up your cunt (toxic shock anyone?) and wtf is “steaming” your vagina all about???

There are other examples but I need to take my dog out for a walk.

I truly cannot stand her. The degree of her arrogance is astounding.

Here you go - items listed:-

I reviewed all 161 of GOOP’s wellness products for pseudoscience. Here’s what I found.

Dr. Jen Gunter
    8 months ago
    Abstract
    Objective: To identify evidence that Gwyneth Paltrow is correct in her statement that the website GOOP does not sell pseudoscience.
    Materials and Methods: A search of the products sold on GOOP.com in the wellness section.
    Results: Biologically implausible therapies and ill-researched products were identified. The majority of health products (90%) could not be supported by science.
    Conclusions: There is no evidence to support Gwyneth Paltrow’s claim that goop is free of pseudoscience. In fact the opposite is true, goop is a classic example of pseudoscience profiteering. The bulk of their products are useless, but some could be harmful.
    Keywords: jade, crystals, vagina, coffee, enema, supplements, toxins, medical conspiracy theories, Epstein Barr Virus, mediums, vitamin B12 injections
    Introduction
    In October 2018 Gwyneth Paltrow was interviewed by the BBC and disagreed that she and goop are engaged in promoting and peddling pseudoscience.
    False online claims about health products and the promotion of pseudoscientific practices by both complementary and alternative medicine providers and celebrities has been well-described. Gwyneth Paltrow has previously endorsed therapies that have no scientific basis, such as vaginal jade eggs, apitherapy, and colonic administration of coffee via the rectum, so this researcher sought to identify any products sold by goop.com that could be considered pseudoscience to counter Gwyneth Paltrow’s belief.
    Material and Methods
    The wellness section of goop.com was reviewed on October 12, 2018.
    The product categories were as follows: “wellness,” “between the sheets,” “cosmic therapy,” “aromatherapy,” “oral care,” “feminine care,” “grocery,” and “workout accessories.” The categories as designed by goop.com were not applicable for research purposes, in fact they made little sense at all. This researcher found them frustrating and nonsensical. For example, some essential oils were categorized as “cosmic therapies” and others as “aromatherapy” even though the stated purposes were similar and no reasoning for the difference was identified. Some supplements were listed as both “vitamins and supplements” and “groceries.” Supplements should not be considered food or a replacement for food, so the researcher hoped this was an oversight on the part of goop.com and not a marketing ploy.
    As the goop.com organizational system was unworkable and causing a headache, a new list of categories was devised. Products were sorted into the following categories: supplements and vitamins, urogenital health, crystal-based, essential oils, work out products, food, vibrators and BDSM, books, oral care, spiritual and occult, and other.
    Products were considered pseudoscience if there was scientific evidence advising against the product (or class of product) or if the hypothesis was biologically implausible or non-existent. Misuse of the word “toxin” for a product that otherwise was not medically harmful was considered misleading advertising.
    Results
    A total of 161 unique products were identified in the goop.com wellness store.
    A decision was made to exclude books. There were 4 items and the reviewer had previously reviewed a portion of one book — the Sex book — and reading about the Sacred Snake Ceremony just about did her in and she didn’t think she could read anymore. In addition, it would be hard to classify an entire book as pseudoscience unless it were written by Anthony Williams, The Medical Medium — a man who talks with a ghost and then charges for the health advice provided by said ghost. The Medical Medium is a favorite of both goop.com. Dr. Junger, one of goop’s trusted medical experts, wrote the forward for one of The Medical Mediums’ books.
    The 18 products for sexual enjoyment were excluded from analysis as sexual preference is personal. Some women may find a $3,490.00 vibrator of value and others may clamor for a $149 vibrator worn around your neck that looks uncomfortably like a dog whistle. (Are you supposed to finger it in public as a mating display?).
    Oral care was difficult to evaluate as a toothbrush may be personal and while fluoride-free toothpaste is likely inferior to fluoride-containing paste it is not useless — this excluded 10 items.
    A total of 4 food items were excluded as was exercise equipment that didn’t make egregious health claims. This excluded 4 yoga mats and 2 foam rollers. A $32 glass water bottle and charcoal water purifying sticks were also excluded as no specific health claims were made and some people prefer the taste of filtered water. An incense stick was also excluded, but there was some muttering over this.
    Tarot cards and spiritual items (e.g. a singing bowl) were excluded (6 items), although the researcher acknowledges that spirituality and religion can have a beneficial impact for some people.
    The body vibe stickers made from the non existent NASA techcology are not sold on GOOP, much to this researcher’s dismay, but they still promote them.

After the 51 items were excluded there were 110 unique products left for analysis (see Table 1)

There were 54 supplement products. Energy bars that made health claims were included In the supplement category — 53 products could not be supported by the medical literature. Being kind, the vitamin D3 supplement was considered evidence-based as it may be indicated for vitamin D deficiency. The people who might benefit from supplementation (e.g. older people, limited sun exposure, etc) were not listed on the site. It was promoted for acne.
    Urogenital health included the following:

• 3 different packages of condoms: condoms are supported by evidence based medicine for contraception and prevention of STIS. No evidence supports these bespoke products, but like all good scientists this researcher is happy with whatever gets you to glove up.
    • 2 “yoni” eggs: useless.
    • 6 lubricants: distinguishing between some lubricants and essential oils was a challenge and admittedly errors may have been made — 3 lubricants appear to be acceptable products with no identifiable health risks and 3 contained oils that have been untested or may cause irritant reactions.
    • 4 menstrual hygiene products: menstrual cup, 1 brand of tampons (previously reviewed here), two packages of pads. All products are supported by evidence, the tampons were presented with deceptive marketing about “toxins.”
    • 1 Elvie: there is no scientific evidence supporting the Elvie. The author has personally emailed the company confirming the absence of studies (July 2018).

Of the 16 urogenital health products, concerns about scientific validity were raised for 6.
    There is no data to support any benefit from crystals because they do not take on the healing energy of the earth and remember things from all time. Essential oils also are a nope. Both crystals and essential oils were given 100% on the woo scale. Nice smelling things are nice, but that isn’t health care..
    The “other” category had a $4,000 infrared sauna previous hocked on the site as an adjunct for cancer care (no shame, simply no shame), a $180 “spine mat,” 2 diffusers for essential oils, and a bag of rocks: 0 for 5 here.
    Of 110 products that made health claims or could be considered a health-related product only 10 had any kind of valid claim, meaning 10% of products were not pseudoscience.
    Discussion
    The goop store is 90% quackatorium and there was no evidence supporting Gwyneth Paltrow’s claim that goop does not engage in pseudoscience as a commercial venture. Pseudoscience is their commercial venture wellness-wise (the assumption was made that pseudoscience did not play a direct role in selling pashmina shawls and culottes).
    In addition to the wellness products, much of the health information presented on goop.com was associated with pseudoscientific beliefs. Another prominent feature is trusted physician experts who endorse conspiracy theories, such as AIDs denialism, vaccines causing autism, bras causing breast cancer, and fluoride causing harm. Belief in medical conspiracy theories is known to be associated with avoidance of evidence based health practices.
    Goop also promotes the Medical Medium, a man who speaks with a ghost to dispense health information. They have also featured a medium online and at In Goop Health. Mediums are by definition pseudoscience.
    The psuedoscience also reaches out and touches you. At In Goop Health there are free vitamin B12 shots, which are unnecessary unless you have a vitamin B12 deficiency. Hopefully, the new goop scientists can calculate the odds that all the women attending a goop event are vitamin B12 deficient? Perhaps they will also point out that oral works quite well, so the injection is for show?
    This review only focused on the products, but almost every item for sale used words incorrectly, the most common misued ones were “toxins” and “energy.”
    This analysis also indicates that goop appears to have passed through activated charcoal and turmeric and are now entering the apple cider vinegar part of the pseudoscience color wheel just in time for fall.
    In summary, 90% of products sold on goop.com under the guise of wellness cannot be backed by science and many flout common sense, never mind biological principles. Some therapies, such as the supplements, could be harmful as they are high in vitamin A and three of them contain green tea leaf extract which is associated with liver injury. The concern is so great that liver specialists specifically advice against all supplements with green tea extract even in blends. There is also the concern that many supplements don’t even contain what they say.
    The idea that goop is not pseudoscience is not supported by the evidence that Gwyneth Paltrow herself has carefully curated for her own website.
    This researcher is looking forward to learning from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “whole team of researchers and scientists” how to recharge jade eggs with the energy of the moon as well as the equation for calculating the energetic frequency of the human body.

Correction (10:30 a.m. 10/13/18)
    A statistical error has been noted by the author likely due to late night maths and the mental toll of trying to separate essential oils from lubricants. This changes the percentage of pseudoscience from 95% to 90%. This still meets quackatorium criteria, but as science is always eager to adopt corrections and take in new evidence as it presents itself, the above paper has been updated to reflect this change

https://drjengunter.com/2018/10/13/i...t-i-found/amp/
    Angeli, Waterslide and Kittylady like this.

Get off the cross, we need the wood.

To beat you senseless with.
    tiggle, Novice, Mrs P and 5 others like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Hate is such a strong word. But this is a woman who can't remember she was in a Spiderman movie. She's just straight up "crazytown" delusional. And I don't think that many people give her enough thought to hate her.

The weird thing was, earlier today I was at the doctor and trying to post a reply in this thread (the doctor came in and I didn't post it), at precisely the same time I was typing, I could hear the receptionist exclaim, "Like Gwyneth Paltrow! Apple? That's Gwyneth's daughter!" I entered the Gooplight Zone.
    Novice and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Thread Information