Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Claire's Yanks JoJo Siwa's Makeup Kits after FDA Finds They Contain Asbestos

Default Claire's Yanks JoJo Siwa's Makeup Kits after FDA Finds They Contain Asbestos

I didn't know what a JoJo Siwa was until I read about this today, but I just can't get over this girl is 16. She looks 10 and demonic. And of course, the Kardashians are somehow attached to this.

YouTube star JoJo Siwa, whose fans include North West, has her make-up kit recalled from Claire's after FDA tests find it contains ASBESTOS

• The FDA has recalled Youtube star JoJo Siwa's make-up kits sold at Claire's after testing found they contained asbestos
    • The FDA issued the warning to immediately stop using the products on June 6
    • The JoJo Siwa make-up kit includes eyeshadow, two lip glosses, and nail polish
    • The traces of asbestos was found in the powder eyeshadow
    • Siwa, 16, rose to fame on the TV show Dance Moms
    • She continued to sing and dance on social media and runs a YouTube channel with 9.8million subscribers and young fans such as North West
    • Siwa's team says they're investigating the matter, Claire's has pulled the kit from shelves

By MARLENE LENTHANG FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 09:25 EDT, 10 June 2019 | UPDATED: 13:29 EDT, 10 June 2019

310shares
    View comments

YouTube sensation JoJo Siwa's make-up kits for Claire's have been recalled after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration deemed them as dangerous as they tested positive for asbestos.

The 16-year-old singer who rose to fame on Dance Moms is known for her sparkly outfits, dance moves, signature hair bows and high-pitched voice which has won her a massive fan base of 9.8million YouTube subscribers and young fans including Kim Kardashian's daughter North West.

She has a collaboration with the accessories giant Claire's where she sells sequins bows and a one-of-a-kind make-up kit with eyeshadow, two lip glosses, and nail polish to her fans.

However, Siwa's popular kit has now been recalled after the FDA found the kit along with several other Claire's products have tested positive for asbestos, in a statement released June 6.

+5

The FDA has recalled 16-year-old Youtube star JoJo Siwa's make-up kits sold at Claire's after testing found it contained asbestos

+5

The FDA issued this warning on June 6 saying the make-up kit tested positive for asbestos and customers are warned not to use it

+5

The JoJo Siwa make-up kit includes eyeshadow, two lip glosses, and nail polish. The asbestos was found in the powder eyeshadow

'Today, the FDA is releasing new results from its continued testing of cosmetic products for asbestos & is warning consumers to not use 2 additional products that have tested positive for asbestos & have been recalled,' the statement said including a picture of Siwa's heart-shaped kit.

When the powder eyeshadow was tested, officials found 'trace amounts of asbestos fibers', Claire's said in a statement to DailyMail.com.

Asbestos is a a naturally occurring mineral that can cause serious disease and scar the lungs when inhaled.

Claire's has been hit with a number of FDA recalls. Just three months ago the FDA announced it was pulling other items from the store's shelves.

In addition to Siwa's kit, the FDA recalled a product from Beauty Plus called Global Contour Effects Palette 2.

Siwa's team says they're investigating the matter with Claire's.

'We take safety very seriously and require our licensees to comply with all applicable laws and safety standards relating to licensed products. We are reviewing this matter with Claire’s in light of the advisory from the FDA,' a Nickelodeon spokesperson aid to DailyMail.com.

Claire's says that they have 'voluntarily recalled the JoJo Cosmetic Kit out of an abundance of caution.'

'Claire’s stands behind the safety of this item and all other Claire’s cosmetic items, as such small trace amounts are considered acceptable under European and Canadian cosmetic safety regulation,' the company said.

+5

Siwa skyrocketed to fame on the TV show Dance Moms and runs a successful YouTube channel with 9.8million subscribers where she sings, dances, and shows off her unique, sparkly, rainbow-themed style. Pictured above babysitting Kim Kardashian's daughter North West

+5

North West and Penelope Disick pictured attending Siwa's 16th birthday party in April

'In addition, last year Claire’s moved to talc-free cosmetic manufacturing to prevent any further concerns about talc contamination. Claire’s also supports increased FDA oversight of personal care products. We will provide a full refund to any customers who purchased the product,' it added.

Siwa's career took of after she appeared on two seasons of the show Dance Moms. She went on to create a brand for herself on social media broadcasting her singing and dancing, garnering millions of views and followers, and is currently on tour.

In one video filmed in March Kardashian's daughter North West was invited to her home for a day of jamming and dancing - a dream for most of Siwa's subscribers.

In that video the two girls wear rainbow colored ponytails, gigantic bows in their hair, and rainbow outfits.

'I had so much fun Pretend babysitting Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West's little girl!' Siwa posted on YouTube following the playdate.

'My baby girl North had her dream of life come true! She got to spend the day with @itsjojosiwa #speechless #bff #Only5Once,' the reality star tweeted after the get together.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-asbestos.html
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It's Claire's. That the makeup contains toxic ingredients is kinda a given.

Claire's does not give a shit. They've been caught before. Repeatedly.

Much of their jewelry also contains cadmium and lead and other nasties. There was an outcry about that back in 2008-2010 or thereabouts and again a few years later and again.

I don't know what a Jojo is either, but it should probably be killed with fire. Also, her ponytail is sliding off her head.

On a positive note, Kourtney's sprog is looking less repulsive.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

czb

jojo siwa. she is the main reason that alexa was pitched off the balcony into the street. and mr czb and i did an endzone dance when a car ran over alexa.
    Nevan and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

Much of their jewelry also contains cadmium and lead and other nasties. There was an outcry about that back in 2008-2010 or thereabouts and again a few years later and again.

I don't know what a Jojo is either, but it should probably be killed with fire. Also, her ponytail is sliding off her head.

On a positive note, Kourtney's sprog is looking less repulsive.
    That's a pretty fair assessment of the situation. Oh, and I desperately wish her ponytail would slide off her head.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    jojo siwa. she is the main reason that alexa was pitched off the balcony into the street. and mr czb and i did an endzone dance when a car ran over alexa.
    Yeah, OK. Now that I can totally understand.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Yup, Claire's has done this before. I used to be a die hard fan of Dance Moms in the beginning (I miss Chloe) but was never a fan of JoJo. I don't wish children to do badly, but it's like she's built her brand on being annoying. Plus that freaking hairline ... stop pulling your hair so hard back!!

Dance Moms just started up again (I think season 8 but I haven't watched it in a long time) and Abby is in a wheelchair and can't walk. Right after she got out of prison, they found out she had cancer in her spine (or somewhere near the spine, but it's affecting the spine). She did a full round of chemo but when they told her she needed to do more sessions, she refused. She really sounded suicidal. She looks like she's lost a lot of weight. And she has no hair so she wears a bunch of different wigs.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

^Ugh, that sounds horrible about the Dance Mom person...

I just can't imagine how a 16-year-old can go around with those fucking bows in their hair...I don't condone hurting anyone, but when I was her age, I would have wanted, at least figuratively, to kick her ass. That shit isn't cute on kindergarteners. And her hair is pulled back so hard and her face is so white and her hair is so blonde it makes her look bald. I have given this girl and her hair way to much thought now, but I can't help it.

I don’t buy my kid any of that shit. If she wants to play with makeup, I’ll buy her regular stuff in fun colors. Someone gave her these toys called num noms or something like that. One had glittery powder inside and another had lipgloss. I tossed the lip gloss before she had a chance to use it. Then, she opened the sparkle dust shit. I grabbed it and dumped it. Just seemed scary. Who knows what the fuck is in that crap.

^^^^ That is very true. When I was a little girl, my cousin took me to Kmart or something. My mom had given me a little money to spend and I went straight for the Barbie-like makeup. My cousin dragged me over to the drugstore brands of real makeup, and at least back then, they were the same price or cheaper. I had so much fun and I felt like a big girl wearing big girl makeup. There's even enough frilly, girly drugstore makeup that's available today, like glitter lipgloss and sparkly eyeshadow, that there's no need to use that baby unregulated makeup.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Yup, Claire's has done this before. I used to be a die hard fan of Dance Moms in the beginning (I miss Chloe) but was never a fan of JoJo. I don't wish children to do badly, but it's like she's built her brand on being annoying. Plus that freaking hairline ... stop pulling your hair so hard back!!

Dance Moms just started up again (I think season 8 but I haven't watched it in a long time) and Abby is in a wheelchair and can't walk. Right after she got out of prison, they found out she had cancer in her spine (or somewhere near the spine, but it's affecting the spine). She did a full round of chemo but when they told her she needed to do more sessions, she refused. She really sounded suicidal. She looks like she's lost a lot of weight. And she has no hair so she wears a bunch of different wigs.
    I used to watch Dance Moms too. I really liked Chloe and thought she was super talented. I was always rooting for her, but Abby was always busy fawning over Maddie, who now stars in Sia's music vids. I do wonder what Chloe ended up going on to do with her dancing. I vaguely remember Jojo, but I guess she didn't really make much of an impression on me. And holy crap, I heard Abby went to prison, but wasn't aware of the cancer and all that. I wasn't even aware the show was still on. As for Claire's, I rush past that place at the mall. It's visible several stores away at the mall I most commonly go to, as a tacky pink eyesore. Tons of stores have come and gone in that mall over the years, but that damn Claire's is still there.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    That sounds fun!!!

I remember when that really fancy dance school came through and auditioned several of the girls. Abby hardly spent any time preparing with anyone except Maddie (whom I do like, it's not her fault that she grew up with a psycho mother and dance teacher ... I think she's really talented, at least for the path she chose) and Chloe WON first place. She was the only of Abby's girls to get a spot. It was because Chloe was more classical than the rest. Abby was SO mad. I always thought Chloe was more graceful than any of them. She did have a tendency to choke sometimes, but I blame that on the huge burden Abby put on them all.

Jojo almost didn't get into Dance Moms. In the very beginning, Abby wanted no part of her and her mother was worse than all the other mothers. But she eventually got her spot of the squad. I hated the bow thing, but I guess that was her ... thing. I think her hairline looks awful and it looks like she's going to have a permanently strong receding hairline as a teenager (unless they intervene with plastic surgery).

I honestly had forgotten all about Abby. The last I remember reading was when she was in jail and then the cancer diagnosis right after she was released. I was watching something that had a Dance Moms ad, showing Abby in her current form, and it made me curious so I went and looked for it. I only got past the one episode where they go all through Abby's cancer, chemo and when she left the hospital. She literally can't walk at all, uses a really nice motorized wheelchair and is trying to undergo rehab. I'm not sure what her chances are of walking again, but she's got a long way to go. And with denying to continue chemo, it might make it worse where she has no chance at all of walking (or living much longer). The strangest part for me is that it seems like her voice has permanently changed and I can't figure out how.

Nevan I appreciate you doing this research because I was wondering what the hell was wrong with her based on the new season promos but I couldn't be bothered to look into it or watch. She's such a shit person but damn, prison, cancer then losing the ability to walk as a dance professional - that sucks. Why is she even continuing to do the show when she's denying treatment? I can't imagine her quality of life going uowards at this point, I wonder what the timeframe of life even is?

As for Jo-Jo, I don't remember her being on the show but I knew she was from it. I had no idea she was 16. I get that she's built this brand but damn, at 16 I definitely was not interested in living the life of an 11 year old.
    Nevan likes this.

Abby says she’s in remission after completing 10 rounds of chemo. She said she needs knee replacement but is able to stand for brief periods several times a day.

There was an epilogue at the end of the episode I watched (I fell asleep with about four minutes to go) that said she finally agreed to finish the rest of her chemo.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

Yep when i saw the headline I thought it was an old thread. Cannot believe they get away with this shit especially since their target is really young children. I remember my daughter a couple of years ago loved Claire (we had to throw away some play make up when the scandal broke) now as a teen only Sephora will do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information