Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: Marriage Goop style - Gwyneth Paltrow lives separately to husband Brad Falchuk

Default Marriage Goop style - Gwyneth Paltrow lives separately to husband Brad Falchuk

+10

She's a wildly successful Hollywood actress and entrepreneur who is famous for her creative, and sometimes quirky, lifestyle choices.

And Gwyneth Paltrow, 46, revealed that she still doesn't live with husband Brad Falchuk in Los Angeles in order to keep 'polarity' in their newly married life.
    The founder of Goop, who was wed for the second time in September, admitted that Brad only stays with her for four nights a week, spending the rest of the time at his own house.

+10

Revelations: Gwyneth Paltrow, 46, revealed she still doesn't live with husband Brad Falchuk in Los Angeles in order to keep 'polarity' in their newly married life
    Speaking to the Sunday Times Style Magazine, the actress said the couple's friends think their unorthodox set-up is 'ideal'.

She said: 'Oh, all my married friends that the way we live sounds ideal and we shouldn't change a thing'.

The actress previously revealed she and the TV writer don't live together yet because they are trying to navigate their blended family and be respectful of their children.
    But the Sliding Doors actress also admitted her intimacy teacher taught her 'polarity' to keep the relationship fresh.
    Gwyneth shares daughter Apple, 15, and son Moses, 13, with ex-husband Chris Martin, whilst Brad also has a son and daughter from a previous marriage.

+10

Married life: The founder of Goop, who was wed for the second time in September, admitted that Brad only stays with her for four nights a week, spending the rest of the time at his own house (pictured in 2018)

Gwyneth and Brad had a beautiful and intimate wedding in September with a close group of friends and family at their home in The Hamptons, before jetting off to the Maldives for a 'family honeymoon'.
    Joining them in a celebration of their union on the idyllic getaway were her children; Gwyneth's best friend; ex-husband Chris Martin, and his new love Dakota Johnson.
    Speaking about the Coldplay rocker's new girlfriend, Gwyneth gushed to the publication: 'I adore her. She's a fantastic woman'.

+10

Friends: Speaking about the Coldplay rocker's new girlfriend, Gwyneth gushed to the publication: 'I adore her. She's a fantastic woman'

+10

Making it work: Joining them in a celebration of their union on the idyllic getaway was her ex-husband Chris Martin (pictured with their children Apple and Moses)
    While they have both now found love a second time round, Gwyneth maintains a close relationship with her ex-husband, who she famously 'consciously uncoupled' from in March 2014 after 11 years of marriage.

Gwyneth revealed her ex-husband is 'family' and that the honeymoon wasn't awkward because 'Brad and he, they're like, totally friends'.
    In fact, the former couple are so close that she revealed the British musician still has a room in her home.
    Gwyneth Paltrow attends Ryan Murphy's Hollywood Star Ceremony

Progress: 0%
    0:00

Play

Current Time0:00

/

Duration Time0:40

Fullscreen

The Hollywood star shares co-parenting duties to daughter Apple and Moses while also being step-mum to Brad's children, Brody and Isabella.
    But Gwyneth admitted being a step-mum can be 'tough' and that things often 'get complicated'.
    Speaking about whether she is a good step-mum, she told the publication: 'I have no idea. I mean sometimes that piece gets complicated when there are two teenage girls. If you're not drinking the same Kool-Aid, it can be tough. I do think though, at the end of the day, everyone wants the same thing, which is to feel love and be accepted'.

+10

Newlyweds: The couple have been together for four years and were engaged for a year before marrying in an intimate ceremony in The Hamptons in September 2018 (pictured on their wedding day)
    Gwyneth recently spoke about the struggles of parenting, as she opened up about her ongoing negotiations with 13-year-old son, Moses, over his video screen time.
    While hosting a panel at A Goop Morning, she confessed 'We have a Fortnite situation at my house', referring to the wildly popular video game that was made available as an Apple app in April.
    Her son has also been a source of motherly frustration when it comes to his diet.
    During the panel, Gwyneth told the audience that she started making 'little poke bowls' so her kids 'can choose what they want in it' but it hasn't quite worked for Moses.
    'He only wants chicken nuggets and french fries and Gatorade. It's like a war every day,' she explained.

+10

Sealed with a kiss: The mother-of-two has often gushed about married life to her new husband she described as 'crazytown hansdsome' (pictured in 2018) Gwyneth Paltrow gives her fans a tour of her honeymoon suite

Progress: 0%
    0:00

Play

Current Time0:00

/

Duration Time0:31

Fullscreen

Meanwhile,mother-of-two has often gushed about married life to her new husband she described as 'crazytown hansdsome', who she met while playing recurring character Holly Holliday in Glee in 2014.
    The couple married in September, and Gwyneth told WSJ magazine people are 'better equipped' to pick their spouse later on in life.
    She explained: 'I feel like we are probably better equipped to choose our life partner when we are halfway through life'.

+10

Getting real: The Hollywood star shares co-parenting duties to daughter Apple, 15, and Moses, 13, (pictured) while also being step-mum to Brad's children, Brody and Isabella

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...alchukher.html

Goopy terminology aside (“polarity”?), I don’t think it’s weird to keep separate residences in a relationship. I’ve had this conversation with friends before and it would work for a lot of people and I think it would be a lot more common if more people could afford it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A long time ago in Texas when I was a journalism intern, I interviewed an elderly man whose wife turned out to live in the house next door. They'd had that arrangement for at least a couple of decades, iirc. Whatever works for people is okay and really none of my business.

The biggest issue I currently have with Goopy is that whatever she does, she has to generalize it to being correct in the broader sense. All her friends think her living arrangement is "ideal." She couldn't figure out how to choose a compatible partner when she was younger, so she says everyone is better equipped to find someone later in life. She eats a weird restrictive diet so you should, too. She puts special eggs in her vag, so that's perfect for all humans with vaginas.

Gross.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

And she smokes but pretends she doesn't and no doubt other non-healthy lifestyle choices. There's something about her still wanting to be associated with her first, higher-status husband. I doubt she even spends four nights a week with her second husband as she is always travelling and nearly all her red carpet events are solo.

Having said that, she wouldn't be the first wealthy eccentric. She just seems to think she is.
    Shinola, Trixie, BITTER and 4 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Another conscious uncoupling?
    BITTER and DawnM74 like this.

Good grief, she's insufferable. Who would want to be around her 7 days a week?

But if it's mainly for their kids (and it's implied that it is) I actually think it's kinda nice that they're not throwing them into a Brady Bunch situation with step-parents and step-siblings, especially once the kids are older. Let them have their one-on-one time with their actual parent, and then get together when the kids are off with the exes.

Oh, and her husband is "crazytown handsome"? Please. He's ok, but not exceptional.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somehow, I think that this was his idea...

The bottom half of her face is as wide as a plank.
    Novice and DawnM74 like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

So... I wonder... Does Chris Martin (who still as a room in her house) stay over on the nights Brad is there? Or the nights he's away. Does Chris Martin bring Dakota (I still can't believe she is with Chris Martin) when he stays with Goop?

In my jaded black soul I figure these 4 are all swinging together.

Also: What I call someone who says one thing and does another (like Goopster) would be a hypocrite. Not an eccentric. No one says shit to her because she's rich and therefore surrounds herself with ass lickers.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I bet the reason they don't live together is that Brad's kids hate their stepmother. I certainly would. Notice she's not spending any time at his house.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

"But the Sliding Doors actress also admitted her intimacy teacher taught her 'polarity' to keep the relationship fresh."

Intimacy teacher???????
    What the fukkity-Fukk is a freakin' 'intimacy teacher'?
    She gets more pretentious by the hour, the fukkin' idiot!

wtf. I would want my husband to fuck me daily. what is this bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    wtf. I would want my husband to fuck me daily. what is this bullshit?
    All of those vaginal steaming sessions have rendered her numb.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

The founder of Goop, who was wed for the second time in September, admitted that Brad only stays with her for four nights a week, spending the rest of the time at his own house.

I'm sure that's 4 days too many for Brad. She sounds painful to be around.
    BITTER, weathered1 and DawnM74 like this.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

I don't care what people do and as someone fairly independent, long distance relationships are probably best for me and this is kind of like that. However, whenever Goopy makes some huge proclamation about something I roll my eyes. She did not invent yoga (or even popularize it, sorry) and she didn't invent couples giving each other space. Not that she's claiming she did, but that's always how it comes across. The other thing that makes me roll my eyes is the underlying sensation I get that she's so grasping and insecure and if she'd knock that off she'd be a lot more likable. I guess it beats being a Kardashian, but saying this kind of stuff just feels like her way of grabbing some attention.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

God, she is annoying at times, but 1. The men, even her "best friend" ex always look beyond happy in pictures with her like she has her hand hidden someplace special on them 2. her wedding dress is gorgeous and 3. why does BF look so girly in that one photo and 4. i also think it is due to his kids interactions with her or her kids - maybe he stays with her on the nights they don't have their kids. Having a blended family myself, on the nights we have all five kids (ages 12-18), it is like we are single parenting our own kids anyway and holy heck it can get tedious. in the beginning, when my two were younger, it sort of felt like i was compromising the time with my own kids when we were together. Wonderful and new in some ways, but i wanted to be an okay step parent, effective Mother with my own, for the kids to do well together, be a kick-ass wife - exhausting! So maybe this is a way for them to ease in to things!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information