Like Tree36Likes
  • 11 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 11 Post By aabbcc
  • 7 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 7 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: Kanye West Fires Back at David Letterman: Liberals ‘Bully’ Trump Supporters Like Me

Default Kanye West Fires Back at David Letterman: Liberals ‘Bully’ Trump Supporters Like Me

Kanye West Fires Back at David Letterman: Liberals ‘Bully’ Trump Supporters Like Me

Oh God, I’m scared,” David Letterman says. He’s pacing backstage before his interview with Kanye West for the first episode of his Netflix show’s second season. The first season of My Next Guest Needs No Introductionkicked off with President Barack Obama, but Letterman seems genuinely more nervous about sitting down with Kanye.
    The hour-long conversation that follows—this episode and four others all start streaming next Friday, May 31—is not only one of the best interviews Letterman has ever conducted, it’s also one of the most coherent and engaging interviews Kanye has ever given, even if it does go off the rails at times.
    Over the course of the episode, the two men cover many subjects including music, fashion and Kanye’s relationships with his mother, who passed more than a decade ago, and his father, who is still alive. Throughout the episode, Kim Kardashian West can be seen in the audience smiling or nodding thoughtfully depending on the topic.
    Midway through, there is an excursion to the couple’s house, where Letterman spends several minutes trying on pieces from the Yeezy collection—and goes home looking pretty fantastic in his new ensemble. “You look really good,” Kim tells him

[/

At one point, during a discussion about his lyrics, Kanye begins to say, “An artist which I will not mention, because I’m not allowed to mention him or any of his family members…” This of course piques the interest of Letterman, who says, “That’s fairly provocative.”

“Well, we had a little beef last year,” Kanye says, before revealing that he is referring to Drake. “He has this line that I love that says, ‘I told my story and made history’—like made his story and made history. That’s what we do, we tell our story and then people relate to that story.” But then, he adds, people latch onto that story and get mad when it goes in a direction they don’t expect.
    “I have a friend who told me that my power is my influence,” Kanye continues. “And I said my power is my ability to not be influenced.”
    All Letterman can say in response is, “Wow, this is pretty good.”
    The meat of the interview comes in the second half of the episode when Letterman digs in on Kanye’s struggles with mental health. “When you’re bipolar, you have the potential to ramp up and it can take you to a point where you start acting erratic, as TMZ would put it,” the rapper says, referencing his on-air meltdown at that outlet’s offices last year.

Kanye, who has been off medication for nearly a year, also acknowledges the reality that his disease may help fuel his creativity. “If you guys want these crazy ideas and these crazy stages and this crazy music and this crazy way of thinking,” he says, “there’s a chance if might come from a crazy person.”

Then, of course, there is Kanye’s bizarre love affair with President Donald Trump. When Letterman had Obama on his show last year, he pointedly did not ask him to address his successor directly and again here he does not bring up Trump. But thankfully, Kanye does it for him.

In the midst of a somewhat confusing argument about his “fear” as a man during the #MeToo movement, Kanye says, “This is like my thing with Trump—we don’t have to feel the same way, but we have the right to feel what we feel.” When he wears his “Make America Great Again” hat, he says it’s “not about politics” but rather an attempt to break the stigma around showing support for Trump.

“Did you vote for Trump?” Letterman asks him
    “I’ve never voted in my life,” Kanye answers.“Then you don’t have a say in this,” Letterman shoots back to cheers from the audience.

After a brief pause, Kanye comes back with a comical, “Well you got me, you got me,” before going on his anti-13th Amendment rant that drew Trump’s praiseand may or may not have been inspired by conservative activist Candace Owens.
    From there, Letterman tries to get Kanye to condemn the Republican-led voter suppression efforts during the most recent midterm elections. “So if I see a person that I admire talking about Donald Trump can think whatever he does,” he says, “I wonder if those thoughts, indirectly, aren’t hurting people who are already being hurt.”
    Instead of addressing Letterman’s point, Kanye turns around and expresses sympathy for Trump voters who are “treated like enemies of America because that’s what they felt.” After Letterman makes his forceful case against the idea that Trump is some sort of savior to those who voted for him, Kanye takes a long pause.

“Have you ever been beat up in your high school for wearing the wrong hat?” he asks eventually. Asked who is doing the bulk of the bullying in America right now, he replies, “Liberals bully people who are Trump supporters!”

As tense as it get towards the end of the hour, Letterman manages to smooth things over by going back to church—specifically Kanye’s James Turrell-inspired Sunday Service project. The Netflix cameras capture some of the first high-quality footage out there of the performance he has been putting on every weekend. And despite everything that came before it, it is undeniably beautiful.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kanye-...ke-me?ref=home

How can he be like this when his Dad was a member of the Black Panthers and fought for civil rights???

Ah a little googling says he dad tried to talk him out of his trump support.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; May 24th, 2019 at 11:29 AM. Reason: format

My feeling is that, despite purporting to stand apart, he has some kind of desperate need to be accepted by/liked by odious white bullies.
    Novice, Brookie, NickiDrea and 8 others like this.

Well, if by this point you can't see what a disaster this guy is, and you still choose to support him, maybe you'd do best to just shut up and keep your political opinions to yourself. The sensible majority will continue to disagree with you.

The Doobie Brothers said it best: No wise man has the power to reason away what a fool believes.

Kanye, who has been off medication for nearly a year...
    That explains a lot.
    twitchy2.0, Nevan, BITTER and 4 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Going off meds is a great time to start planning another kid.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Which nicely links to (from January).....

So at least we know now how Kanye bailed himself out of his massive financial debt - by contracting to be a full “cast member” (because that shit is like, *so* scripted right!!!”

Kim Kardashian Confesses She Can’t ‘Babysit’ Kanye West Any Longer

[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]Sixteen seasons in, Keeping Up With the Kardashians is pulling out all the stops to try and maintain its must-see-TV status. The Kardashians have spent over a decade mining their personal lives and family dynamic for viewers—so it’s shocking, and impressive, that they can still surprise. On the Sunday night premiere of KUWTK, reality TV’s first family revealed this season’s secret weapon: increased airtime for Kanye West, who has finally deigned to do confessional interviews. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]Those who have kept up will recall that when Kim first married the increasingly controversial superstar, he appeared to distance himself from his new family’s E! empire. But if this episode is any indication, Kanye is essentially a main cast member now. Like most image-related decisions that Kim Kardashian and/or Kris Jenner have made, this is a smart one. Keeping Up With the Kardashians is a weekly opportunity for a group of very famous people to spin the celebrity news cycle. Kanye West is in perpetual need of damage control. With Kim by his side—literally, he only participates in on-camera interviews as a couple—Kanye can try and reframe the narrative in his favor. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]During this premiere, the story that Kim and Kanye are trying to contain is about Kanye’s alleged lack of support for Donda’s House, a Chicago nonprofit that was co-founded by West and named in honor of his late mother, Dr. Donda West. Kim has traveled to Chicago to show North where her father grew up and to make a (contractually obligated?) appearance at the Sugar Factory. But in order to visit the house, which is now tied up in the nonprofit, Kanye has to reach out to co-founder Rhymefest. This is a bit awkward, because Kim and Rhymefest got into a very public spat last year when the rapper called West out, accusing him of neglecting the organization and “the youth of Chicago.”

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]KUWTK viewers who probably just tuned in hoping for some Khloé/Tristan/Jordyn drama are forced to sit through multiple scenes in which Kim and Kanye discuss the social-media feud and double down on their side of the story. Kim repeatedly tells Kanye that she would lash out at Rhymefest and write some “foul shit over his face on Snapchat” if their paths crossed in Chicago. She insists that Rhymefest was in the wrong when he tried to make Kanye look bad, saying that he actually volunteered to take full responsibility for the nonprofit back when West was in massive debt—only to turn around and tweet about Kanye’s lack of involvement. At the time, Rhymefest wrote in a statementto Kim that during a studio visit with Kanye, “I spoke to your husband about peace, and balance, as well as about the work that we have been doing in Chicago regarding Donda’s House. He was more interested in his record… You have not been privy to the conversations that we’ve had, the emails that have been sent, and frankly the positive press that Kanye has received as a result of our work.” [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]While Kim is dedicating valuable screen time to constructing a flattering storyline for her husband, Kanye seems more concerned with spouting Kanye-isms on camera. He begins by saying that his inspiration to finally start doing confessional interviews was The Incredibles, a movie which, according to Kanye West, also begins with interviews and features a wife with a big butt. “I just see our life becoming more and more like The Incredibles until we can finally fly,” he continues. When pressed by Kim about why he isn’t more pissed at Rhymefest, West explains, “I’m not rational, I’m spiritual,” adding, “spirit is love.” “Yeah,” a clearly defeated Kim Kardashian replies. In another confessional, West further clarifies that he’s “about forgiveness”—“I’m on that Buddha. That Yandhi.”

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]When Kim isn’t sitting next to Kanye, she’s noticeably more inclined to talk shit about his purported pacifism. In a FaceTime with her mother, she complains that, “He lets all of his friends back in that always publicly talk shit about him,” adding, “I can’t babysit him and figure out who’s fucking him over today… It is so frustrating to me to just see him not care and let people walk all over him.”[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]Before Kanye and Rhymefest can finally work things out on camera, the Wests need to ensure that they’re going to come out looking good. Hence, a visit to the Regal Theater, which Kanye is helping torenovate, “To be able to give back to the community that helped make me who I am.” Now that Kanye’s been shown giving back to Chicago, he can hash it out with Rhymefest, who goes to see Kimye in California a few months after their hometown visit. Kim begins the meeting by saying that she thinks that Kanye is incapable of saying no to people, and can be financially generous to a fault. Rhymefest insists that his callout wasn’t about money, saying, “Kanye is from a village, and the village was feeling like our dear brother turned his back on the village.” The crux of the argument seems to be that Kanye may have said that he wanted to help out more with the nonprofit and failed to deliver, although Rhymefest concedes that he could have found a better way to reach out instead of insulting West on social media. Everyone agrees that there has been hurt on both sides and that communication is key, and Rhymefest gives Kim a very special crystal. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]A preview for the next episode of the season shows Kim’s frustration with Kanye mounting as he considers a serious move. “I don’t have much more to give,” Kardashian cries. “Moving to Chicago might be my breaking point.” [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]Meanwhile, elsewhere in Kardashian-land, a pre-Jordyn Woods-gate Khloé insists that she and Tristan are doing great, Kourtney is trying to cure her relationship anxiety with Reiki, and Scott Disick learns how to crack an egg.[/COLOR]

Thread Information