Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Natalie Portman denies ever dating Moby; calls him a creepy old man

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Natalie Portman denies ever dating Moby; calls him a creepy old man

Natalie Portman, 37, DENIES that she ever dated Moby, 53, after he claimed they enjoyed a brief relationship... as she says he was just an ‘older man being creepy’

By SUSIE COEN TV AND RADIO REPORTER FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 00:24, 22 May 2019 | UPDATED: 14:20, 22 May 2019

Natalie Portman has rejected Moby’s claims that the pair once dated, saying he was just an ‘older man being creepy’.
    The electronic musician wrote in his autobiography that he went out with the actress for ‘a few weeks’ when she was 20.
    Moby, now 53, whose real name is Richard Melville Hall, claimed that Miss Portman flirted with him backstage at one of his concerts.

+6

Slammed: Natalie Portman has rejected Moby’s claims that the pair once dated, saying he was just an ‘older man being creepy’

‘I was a bald binge drinker and Natalie Portman was a beautiful movie star. But here she was in my dressing room, flirting with me,’ he said. ‘I was 33 and she was 20 but this was her world.’

Writing about their alleged relationship in his new book When it Fell Apart, he added: ‘For a few weeks I had tried to be Natalie’s boyfriend, but it hadn’t worked out.
    ‘I thought that I was going to have to tell her that my panic was too egregious for me to be in a real relationship, but one night on the phone she informed me that she’d met somebody else. I was relieved that I’d never have to tell her how damaged I was.’

+6

Claims: The electronic musician wrote in his autobiography that he went out with the actress for ‘a few weeks’ when she was 20 (pictured together in 2001)

Now Miss Portman has hit back at the claims, saying the pair did not date and that Moby - a vegan musician whose records include the 1999 album Play, which spawned eight hit singles - was an ‘inappropriate’ older man.
    The actress, 37, told Harper’s Bazaar: ‘I was surprised to hear that he characterised the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school.
    ‘He said I was 20. I definitely wasn’t. I was a teenager. I had just turned 18.’
    The mother-of-two also criticised the Moby’s publisher for not checking the facts of the story, saying she thought it was a ‘deliberate’ attempt to sell books.
    ‘That he used this story to sell his book was very disturbing to me. It wasn’t the case. There are many factual errors and inventions,’ she said.
    ‘I was a fan and went to one of his shows when I had just graduated. When we met after the show, he said, “let’s be friends.”
    ‘He was on tour and I was working shooting a film, so we only hung out a handful of times before I realised that this was an older man who was interested in me in a way that felt inappropriate.’
    Miss Portman also spoke about being vegan, saying the diet is more ‘glamorous’ than it is made out to be.

+6

'Inappropriate': Now Miss Portman has hit back at the claims, saying the pair did not date and that Moby - a vegan musician whose records include the 1999 album Play, which spawned eight hit singles - was an ‘inappropriate’ older man

She said: ‘There’s this idea that you have to sacrifice things to be a vegan. You can still be a foodie and be vegan.
    ‘There’s an impression that vegans are all sprouts and Birkenstocks, but it’s a more glamorous lifestyle than is broadcast.’
    A representative for Moby has been approached for comment.

Oscar-winning actress Miss Portman is reportedly worth £47million.
    She has been married to French dancer Benjamin Millepied for seven years. The couple, who have two children together, began dating after they met on the set of Black Swan in 2009.
    Prior to Millepied Miss Portman was linked to Jake Gyllenhaal, Gael Garcia Bernal and Devendra Banhart.

+6

History: Moby, worth a reported £21million, has sold over 20million records (pictured May 2019)

Moby, worth a reported £21million, has sold over 20million records.
    The musician has no children. He claims he previously dated Christina Ricci in 2000 – when she was 20 and he was 35.
    ‘I put my glass down and kissed Christina’, he said. ‘I was with a smart, beautiful movie star and closing the book on the greatest 18 months of my life.’
    He previously said he was ‘disappointed to be heterosexual’ because dating women was ‘really hard.’
    He said: ‘I would have crushes that wouldn’t be reciprocated or get into the wrong relationships. I grew up going to gay clubs and used to envy the way my gay friends were able to date. I’ve kissed men, but I accepted I’m just a run-of-the-mill, cisgender, heterosexual male.’

+6

Relationship: Natalie has been married to French dancer Benjamin Millepied for seven years. The couple, who have two children together, began dating after they met on the set of Black Swan in 2009

The full interview can be found on Harper’s Bazaar UK online www.harpersbazaar.com/natalie-portman

Read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...d-Moby-53.html
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Amazing that someone was able to resist sex-god Moby's charms.....

Well, he was high as a kite most of the time back then so there's no wonder he got the facts wrong.

He apparently posted this photo as "proof"?

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She didn't deny that they hung out - but she did refute his claim that she was 20. A quick google search proves that if he was 33 at the time she had to be either 17 or 18 (depending on birthday).
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Well she's right about the creepy thing.
    Kittylady, fgg, Angeli and 8 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    He apparently posted this photo as "proof"?

He looks like a hyped up Stan.
    DawnM74, ChemicalHelena and holly like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

czb

a question that is bigger than if these two were dating: does anyone even care enough about moby to read his autobiography??

^^^^
    not just any autobiography, this is moby's second memoir. self-important much?
    czb, gas_chick, SHELLEE and 9 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    a question that is bigger than if these two were dating: does anyone even care enough about moby to read his autobiography??
    Yea I was so confused by this headline when I saw it on E earlier.

A. Who cares?
    B. Why does Natalie care so much to even say anything about it/bring attention to it because again, who cares?

I don't get why he would lie and I don't necessarily think that she's lying so I just think it's overall a weird ass story.
    bootspaige likes this.

And Moby says.....

Portman had described her interaction with Moby as "an older man who was interested in me in a way that felt inappropriate"

Moby has responded after Natalie Portman denied the pair dated in the late ’90s.
    The musician had recounted taking the actor for a drink and, later, kissing her while visiting her at Harvard in his new memoir, Then It Fell Apart. Portman refuted claims that she had had a romantic relationship with the star, saying she found it “disturbing” that false stories were being used to promote the book.

Now, Moby has responded to Portman’s comments in an Instagram post. “I recently read a gossip piece wherein Natalie Portman said that we’d never dated,” he captioned an old photo of the pair. “This confused me, as we did, in fact, date. And after briefly dating in 1999 we remained friends for years.”

He continued: “I like Natalie, and I respect her intelligence and activism. But, to be honest, I can’t figure out why she would actively misrepresent the truth about our(albeit brief)involvement. The story as laid out in my book Then It Fell Apart is accurate, with lots of corroborating photo evidence, etc.”
    The musician added the caveat that he “completely respect[ed]” her “possible regret” about dating him, saying he would probably regret dating himself too.
    Portman released a statement about Moby’s anecdote yesterday (May 21), saying: “I was surprised to hear that he characterised the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school.

“He said I was 20; I definitely wasn’t. I was a teenager. I had just turned 18. There was no fact checking from him or his publisher – it almost feels deliberate. That he used this story to sell his book was very disturbing to me. It wasn’t the case. There are many factual errors and inventions. I would have liked him or his publisher to reach out to fact check.”
    She continued: “I was a fan and went to one of his shows when I had just graduated. When we met after the show, he said, ‘let’s be friends.’ He was on tour and I was working, shooting a film, so we only hung out a handful of times before I realised that this was an older man who was interested in me in a way that felt inappropriate.”

Moby’s recollection is different. In his book, he writes: “We had just finished a show in Austin, playing to four hundred and fifty people at a venue that held five hundred. I walked to the backstage door, sure that this was a misunderstanding or a joke, but there was Natalie Portman, patiently waiting. She gazed up at me with black eyes and said, ‘Hi.’

“I was a bald binge drinker who lived in an apartment that smelled like mildew and old bricks, and Natalie Portman was a beautiful movie star. But here she was in my dressing room, flirting with me.”

He references another encounter after the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards: “After the show Natalie appeared on the balcony where my turn-tables were set up. She was wearing a perfectly fitted beige dress and looked disconcertingly like Audrey Hepburn. ‘What do you think of my suit?’ I asked, smiling nervously.”
    “The paparazzi knew my name. I’d never been photographed by paparazzi. No one had ever yelled my name before, unless they were mad at me. I wanted to stand there and soak up the flashes, but Natalie took my hand and led me into the hotel. I walked to the bar and ordered two vodka and sodas, one for each of us. ‘Oh, I don’t drink,’ she said, scanning the room – which, in turn, was scanning us.”

A later story details a period in 1999 when Portman was attending Harvard in Boston: “I took a taxi to Cambridge to meet Natalie. We held hands and wandered around Harvard, kissing under the centuries-old oak trees. At midnight she brought me to her dorm room and we lay down next to each other on her small bed. After she fell asleep I carefully extracted myself from her arms and took a taxi back to my hotel.”

If he dated her in 1999, she WAS 17 or 18. I graduated high school in 1999 and I was 17. He was dating someone barely out of high school when he was in his 30s? Why is he bragging about this?
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Maybe he's one of those delusional men who think when a woman says "hi" she must want him. And they really believe it.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I could definitely believe that about him. Plus, if he was high all the time like he said that he was, he could definitely be remembering things in a different way than she is.

What a dick...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information