Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Morrissey wears anti-Islamic “For Britain” pin on tv

Default Morrissey wears anti-Islamic “For Britain” pin on tv

Jimmy Fallon under fire for letting Morrissey wear an anti-Islam far right group's pin while promoting latest album on his show

By Matthew Wright For Dailymail.com17:09, 15 May 2019, updated 04:10, 16 May 2019

Morrissey sparked controversy by sporting an anti-Islam pin while appearing on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' on Monday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The former Smiths frontman sparked fierce backlash against both himself and the late night host as he was performing his cover of Jobriath's 'Morning Starship' - for his album 'CaliforniaSon'.
    For Britain is an anti-Islam group that was started in 2017 and led by far-right politician Anne Marie Waters. Their website calls for an 'end of Islamisation of the UK' and Waters has described Islam 'evil' in previous interviews.
    Scroll down for video

+14

Morrissey was sporting an anti-Islam pin from the group For Britain while appearing on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' on Monday

In an interview with Tremr in 2018, the 59-year-old singer shared that the party gave him 'hope.'
    'I find the Tory-Labour-Tory-Labour constant switching to be pointless,' he said. 'For Britain has received no media support and have even been dismissed with the usual childish 'racist' accusation. I don't think the word 'racist' has any meaning any more, other than to say "you don't agree with me, so you're a racist." People can be utterly, utterly stupid.

+14

For Britain is an anti-Islam group that was started in 2017 and led by far-right politician Anne Marie Waters 'Anne Marie Waters seeks open discussion about all aspects of modern Britain, whereas other parties will not allow diverse opinion. She is like a humane version of Thatcher ... if such a concept could be.
    'She is absolute leadership, she doesn't read from a script, she believes in British heritage, freedom of speech, and she wants everyone in the UK to live under the same law. I find this compelling, now, because it's very obvious that Labour or the Tories do not believe in free speech... I mean, look at the shocking treatment of Tommy Robinson.'
    On their website, For Britain has an entire page dedicated to Morrissey's support of the group. The page feature images of the singer wearing the pin at other occasions. The group also proudly boasts of the musician's support on their social media.

+14

Their website calls for an 'end of Islamisation of the UK' and Waters (center) has described Islam ' evil ' in previous interviews
    +14

On their website, For Britain has an entire page dedicated to Morrissey's support of the group. The group also proudly boasts of the musician's support on their social media 'Morrissey is known for his fantastic music, but also for his politics,' they state on the page. 'He unashamedly stands up for Britain, our culture and heritage, and our working people - the backbone of our nation. He is also passionate about animal welfare so it should come as no surprise that he has thrown his weight behind our party.'

+14

Many on social media Many compared the moment to when Fallon (pictured) tussled Donald Trump's hair during the 2016 presidential campaign On Twitter, users dragged the musician for his shady politics but also blasted Fallon for having another 'right-wing' fanatic on his show. Many compared the moment to when the host tussled Donald Trump's hair during the 2016 presidential campaign.
    ADVERTISEMENT

NBC could not be reached for a comment.
    Yahia Lababidi, an author, stated: 'Shame on Morrissey for courting racism. Fallon don’t give a platform to hate, please.'
    The sentiment was shared by another user, who added: 'Fallon loves having his right-wing mates on doesn't he? Morrissey will be performing in a Screwdriver tshirt next.'
    One user posted a gif of Fallon playing in Donald Trump's hair.
    'Lotta people rightfully talking about how much Morrissey sucks but more people should also talk about how much Jimmy Fallon sucks,' stated a different user.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...roups-pin.html

While I normally wouldn't blame Fallon for not recognizing that symbol, because I didn't know what it meant, if I had a show and Morrissey was supposed to be a guest, I would have researched the hell out of him because he's been problematic before and I wouldn't want to get caught out like that. In fact, if I had a show I'd probably ban him from appearing in the first place based on his older comments.

It looks very, very similar to the Maserati symbol to me. Maybe JF just thought Morrissey is really into Maserati.

i adore the smiths but i'm not really a fan of his solo stuff so in my mind, morissey died after the last smiths album, and i'm ok with that.
    faithanne, Waterslide, czb and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm confused. Does Fallon really have the final say on what his guests wear?
    Beeyotch likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

^ I'd guess that he and the producers have a certain veto power at least.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Fuck Morrissey, fuck Anne-Marie Waters and fuck Tommy Robinson.

They can dress it up however they want but they are still racists who, should every Muslim somehow disappear from the British Isles, would soon openly turn their bile against another ethnic or religious group.

P.S. Robinson held a rally in my home town recently. Most of the very small crowd was made up of his travelling circus and minders. Even LeAnn Rimes pulls in more people to one of her lawnchair gigs. The turnout was so poor that the little tit pissed off early.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i adore the smiths but i'm not really a fan of his solo stuff so in my mind, morissey died after the last smiths album, and i'm ok with that.
    I just went to youtube and went down the Smiths' greatest hits and listened to 10 songs before I ran into one I recognized -- "How soon is now?" When I was younger, I would read about them all the time, but never hear their stuff on the radio -- even on 99.1 WHFS, which was THE progressive rock station for the DC area for about 30 years. The music does sound like something you would hear on a lot of 1980s/90s movie soundtracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Fuck Morrissey, fuck Anne-Marie Waters and fuck Tommy Robinson.

They can dress it up however they want but they are still racists who, should every Muslim somehow disappear from the British Isles, would soon openly turn their bile against another ethnic or religious group.

P.S. Robinson held a rally in my home town recently. Most of the very small crowd was made up of his travelling circus and minders. Even LeAnn Rimes pulls in more people to one of her lawnchair gigs. The turnout was so poor that the little tit pissed off early.
    I think you mean “Stephen Yaxley-Lennon” who used a pseudonym to “protect” his wife & children but doesn’t appear to feel the same about Syrian children etc since he assaults them and cites violence against them.

Unrelated, but Fallon looks like an amphibian.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I'm confused. Does Fallon really have the final say on what his guests wear?
    Let’s put it this way: if he wore swastika on his lapel would we need to ask this question?

I would be shocked if Fallon or his producers knew what that symbol was and I'm not sure how they could have prevented Morrissey from wearing it unless they had an enforced ban people on wearing any symbols at all. Even if they did that, a person could slip their racist insignia on at the last second. But obviously Becky did not do her research.

I know Morrissey tours, but I never really think about the fact that he made music after 1990 and continues to do so. What on earth could he still be whining about at this late date? He has some really disturbing deep-seated issues and he seems like a way more miserable twat than he even sings about being and that's putting it nicely. He's just a fucking racist, to put it bluntly.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I just went to youtube and went down the Smiths' greatest hits and listened to 10 songs before I ran into one I recognized -- "How soon is now?" When I was younger, I would read about them all the time, but never hear their stuff on the radio -- even on 99.1 WHFS, which was THE progressive rock station for the DC area for about 30 years. The music does sound like something you would hear on a lot of 1980s/90s movie soundtracks.
    I got into The Smiths via mix tapes and reading about them in magazines and being curious. I never heard them on the radio until probably the mid 90s. I would say The Queen Is Dead is probably my favorite album of theirs. Morrissey had a real talent for turning misery into wit and the whole band lucked out by finding their guitarist (and Gallagher brothers haircut inspiration) Johnny Marr. He was into that haunting "wall of sound" kind of guitar playing you hear on How Soon is Now.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Of course not, I just can't imagine that it's expected for Fallon to walk into each green room to inspect his guest's clothing and accessories. I don't understand why Fallon (who I'm not a big fan of anyway) is getting so much heat, especially when it really does look like Maserati's symbol. That should have been up to the producers of the show. And I agree, if it is a known problematic guest, all precaution should be taken.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Not to throw the little names under the bus, but if I was going to blame anyone besides Morrissey, it would be the producers. Obviously, they need to pay attention to things like this unless it's their goal to associate with fascists and at this point I wouldn't put that past anyone though that's probably not what happened. But on the other hand, Jimmy Fallon more than likely knows Morrissey's an asshole and he and his people should have paid more attention.
    Briar Rose likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Morrissey is well know (here) for being a racist tear. He has a history of spouting some really nasty shit.

I don’t blame the producers or the presenter but, you know, you booked Morrissey....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information