• 2 Post By pinkbunnyslippers
  • 2 Post By Moongirl
  • 2 Post By Tati

Thread: Kelly Clarkson Hosted Awards Show with Appendicitis

Default Kelly Clarkson Hosted Awards Show with Appendicitis

Hours after hosting the Billboards, Kelly Clarkson has her appendix removed

By Susan Scutti, CNN
    Updated 9:10 AM ET, Fri May 3, 2019

(CNN)Kelly Clarkson had her appendix removed just hours after hosting the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on Wednesday night, the singer confirmed in a tweet.

The surgery was performed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles early Thursday morning, said Clarkson, who also tweeted that she is "feeling awesome now!" Her post was a response to Buzzfeed reporter Jarett Wieselman, who commended her for a performance under pressure that did not show "any sign of discomfort."

"Not gonna lie.... I may or may not have broken down in tears after the show from pain BUT thanks 2 all the amazing people @ Cedars-Sinai I flew home directly after the event, nailed the surgery early this morning," the singer tweeted along with a #TheShowMustGoOn.

4,580 people are talking about this

Appendicitis -- inflammation of the appendix, a finger-shaped pouch that sits on the lower right-hand side of the colon -- is a common surgical emergency, with over 250,000 cases each year in the United States. A blockage inside of the appendix causes appendicitis. Most people experience sudden pain that begins around the navel and then moves deeper into the abdomen and increases as the inflammation worsens.
    Anyone can develop appendicitis, but most often it occurs in people between the ages of 10 and 30, according to the Mayo Clinic. Surgical removal of the appendix is the standard of care, though in some cases it can be treated non-operatively with antibiotics.

Scientists believe the appendix has no specific purpose or function so its removal is not a cause for concern.

Clarkson, 37, ignited the music scene after winning the first season of "American Idol" in 2002. Some of her records have topped the charts and earned her two Grammy awards.

Prior to Wednesday night's Billboard Awards show, for which she served as both host and executive producer, she said in a statement: "I had so much fun hosting the Billboard Music Awards last year that I'm back for more. We're turning it up a notch this year, and I can't wait to celebrate all of my fellow amazing artists for another unforgettable night of live music."
    Wow, that is actually an amazing feat. Dangerous but amazing.
    Waterslide and weathered1 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Damn, girl. Hell of a work ethic!
    bootspaige likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Wow! I just love her, but that was risky.
    bootspaige likes this.

It depends on how fast it develops mine was an all-weekender type of thing but I could get a drs appointment til Monday morning so I waited from Thursday/Friday to Monday.

When I was 21 I had appendicitis (although at the time I didn't know it) while at work. I asked my manager if I could go home because I wasn't feeling well and she said no. After work the pain was so bad my roommate took me to emerg and the doctor said that's what I had and I went practically straight to surgery.

My manager sent a bouquet of flowers to the hospital with a "Get better soon!" card. Bitch
    Beeyotch, czb and mella like this.

This was dumb and not to be commended. You never know how fast it will burst/infection spread, and everyone's pain tolerance level is different which makes it hard to judge severity. It can kill you, it's not about work ethic, she's got 2 little kids.

Yep you’re right B. But on the Friday I thought it was just my period...

Elite Member

Someone should tape this story on Leann Rimes' mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yep you’re right B. But on the Friday I thought it was just my period...
    Same, or rather the Drs at the ER concluded it must be my period. Only I was 12 and evidently have a very high pain tolerance so they assumed it must not be as bad as it was. After a day of it getting worse, my mom brought me back to ER and said "look again it can't be just period pain."

So they finally guessed it was appendicitis, cut me open and saw the worst peritonitis. Said I might not have made it if I'd waited longer. Hospitalized 2 weeks iirc, while they waited to see if they had to cut me open again to get the rest of the poison.
    Novice and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    When I was 21 I had appendicitis (although at the time I didn't know it) while at work. I asked my manager if I could go home because I wasn't feeling well and she said no. After work the pain was so bad my roommate took me to emerg and the doctor said that's what I had and I went practically straight to surgery.

My manager sent a bouquet of flowers to the hospital with a "Get better soon!" card. Bitch
    Your manager really wanted to say “Get better soon, and get back to work”!
    Daphodil and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Yeah seriously, this was dumb not commendable.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

When my daughter was 11, she started complaining of generalized stomach pain; she was a bit constipated, so I figured that might be the reason for it and I gave her something for the constipation. The pain still persisted, so I took her to the doctor. She tested positive for a urinary tract infection and was given antibiotics. Pain still persisted, so I took her to the ER. The surgeon on call ran tests, examined her, ordered a CT scan, and nothing indicated that she might have appendicitis. In the end, he decided to perform exploratory surgery just in case and basically said "If it's her appendix, I'll remove it. If it's not, I'll still remove it. If I find anything related to her ovaries or uterus, I'll close her up and refer her to an OB-Gyn". About an hour later, he comes out and tells us "It was her appendix, and it had already ruptured". He proceeded to show us the pictures he took that showed all the pus he had to clean out of her; she ended up in the hospital for a week on IV antibiotics and a drainage tube. Again, none of her symptoms were consistent with appendicitis.
    Novice and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    This was dumb and not to be commended. You never know how fast it will burst/infection spread, and everyone's pain tolerance level is different which makes it hard to judge severity. It can kill you, it's not about work ethic, she's got 2 little kids.
    Oh, I agree, she's a trooper but I still think it was a dumb decision. Reminds me of "pregnant" Sarah Palin flying across the country while "in labour".
    greysfang and Angeli like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Take your ass to the hospital. Not like you had a runny nose.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information