Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By fgg
  • 2 Post By dilligaf
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 5 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 1 Post By NickiDrea

Thread: Brazilian model Caroline Bittencourt Dies trying to rescue her dogs from sea

Default Brazilian model Caroline Bittencourt Dies trying to rescue her dogs from sea

CAROLINE BITTENCOURTMODEL DROWNS Trying to Save Her Dogs

Brazilian model Caroline Bittencourt leaped into action when her dogs fell off her sailboat ... but, sadly, she drowned while trying to make the rescue.
    The deadly accident happened Sunday in Sao Paulo ... where Caroline was on a catamaran with her husband, Jorge Sestini, and their 2 dogs. While out at sea, a huge storm -- with reported winds over 60 mph -- rocked the boat and knocked the pooches off the catamaran into the rough water.

Bittencourt jumped in after the dogs and her husband soon followed, but he couldn't find her. It's unclear if the dogs were ever found. Sestini was rescued a few hours later and Bittencourt's body was found late Monday near a beach.
    Bittencourt's 17-year-old daughter, Isabelle, confirmed the death on social media, saying, "We are grateful for the support and affectionate messages we have received from Carol's friends and fans. This energy drive fills our hearts with so much love."
    Bittencourt is the second model to die in Brazil in less than a week. Tales Soares died after collapsing on the catwalk over the weekend during Sao Paulo Fashion Week.

Tmz.com

And her dad says...

The father of a drowned Brazilian model said she did not jump into the sea to rescue her puppies, but was knocked into the water by a huge wave.
    Caroline Bittencourt was missing on Sunday after falling into the sea during a storm off Sao Paulo and was later found dead near Cigarras Beach yesterday afternoon, 14 miles from where she disappeared.

Ms Bittencourt's husband Jorge Sestini was rescued on Sunday around two hours after jumping into the water to make a failed attempt to save her.
    The model's own father Orley Bitterncourt took part in the search for her and told a TV programme how he helped pull her body from the sea.
    Local media initially reported the 37-year-old has died after jumping into the ocean to save her two drowning dogs.
    But her father Mr Bitterncourt denied she jumped in to save the animals and said she was blown from a boat into the water during a storm.

Model Caroline Bittencourt died after jumping into the ocean to rescue her pet puppies that were blown into the water by a storm. Her husband Jorge Sestini (pictured together) was rescued after trying to save her

Jorge was reportedly in a state of shock yesterday, after having to swim for hours towards the coast to survive

In a video posted to IGTV, Caroline was shown dancing with one of her dogs to celebrate finishing her training - although it is unclear whether this was one of the puppies which fell overboard on Sunday

Caroline, known to Carol as friends, jumped into the sea after trying to save two pet puppies that had fallen into the water. She is pictured with one of her dogs although it is not certain whether it was one of those involved in the accident

He Brazil's TV Band News: 'It was nothing more than an accident caused by the storm itself, which hit the coast of Sao Paulo on Sunday. The claims are untrue and inaccurate, and I would ask people to listen to the facts.

'Jorge told me a wave hit the side of the boat and the strength of that and strong winds unbalanced Carol and she fell into the water.

'Jorge jumped in to help her. He wasn't able to throw a float or anything towards her because the distance between them was great because the currents took her quickly.
    'He could see Carol and she tried to swim to the boat. He begged her to remain calm because he was coming to get her.
    'But he could see her disappearing under the water and he couldn't reach her as the storm separated them. He searched for my daughter for more than three hours and lost sight of the boat.'
    Caroline Bittencourt's body was recovered from the sea on Monday afternoon after she went overboard the day before to try and rescue her pet puppies

Bittencourt (pictured) worked as a TV presenter and model and had a 17-year-old daughter from a previous relationship

Caroline (pictured) had married Jorge in January of this year

It was claimed by a friend of Caroline, known to Carol as friends, that she ended up in the sea after trying to save two pet puppies that had fallen into the water.

Personal trainer Can Saad, a close friend, said: 'She jumped into the sea to save two puppies of hers that had fallen into the water because of the wind.
    'It was just her, her husband and the puppies on the boat.
    'Jorge jumped into the water to try to save her but they became separated from each other because of the storm. He had to swim three hours towards the coast to survive.'
    The tragedy happened as the couple, who married in January, were near Ilhabela, a large island near Sao Paulo which means 'beautiful island' in English and offers visitors around 25 miles of pristine beaches, hiking trails and waterfalls.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Caroline's agent Andreia Boneti said her husband was in a 'state of shock', adding: 'Jorge tried to save her. He saw Carol drowning and wasn't able to save her. It was a terrible moment for him.'

Caroline Bittencourt participates in the general rehearsal of the samba school prior to the 2012 Carnival at the Anhembi Sambodromo in Sao Paulo, Brazil

The model's own father Orley participated in the search for her body

The tragedy happened as the couple, who married in January, were near Ilhabela, a large island near Sao Paulo which means 'beautiful island' in English

Bittencourt, who also worked as a TV presenter, made the headlines after being asked to leave Brazilian ex-footballer Ronaldo's wedding to Daniella Cicarelli in France in February 2005.

Reports around the time Caroline was asked to leave Ronaldo's wedding suggested it was to do the fact she was wearing a white dress like the bride.
    A friend of Ronaldo's later claimed it was because a businessman who had romanced both Caroline and Daniella was at the event.
    She had a 17-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.

That is sad.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Husband of Brazilian model who drowned at sea will be charged in her death

The husband of Caroline Bittencourt, the Brazilian model who died after being thrown from a boat during a massive storm last week, will be charged with manslaughter, local authorities told Brazilian media on Tuesday.

Entrepreneur Jorge Sestini failed to heed warnings about strong winds and rain that were expected that Sunday, April 28, before the couple took their boat into the ocean, investigators told reporters, according to Folha de S. Paulo newspaper.

A police chief described Sestini’s actions as “indisputable negligence,” adding that he was “expressly warned” about the weather, but decided to go into the sea anyway and didn’t even provide his wife with a life jacket. If she had been wearing one, the official said, she likely would’ve survived.

Bittencourt, 37, was knocked off the sailboat with her two dogs during the storm. Her husband jumped in to try to save her, but the storm was too strong. He was rescued after swimming for about three hours and her body was found the next day.

The couple had married in January.

Police said the owner of the marina where the boat was kept repeatedly warned Sestini through text and audio messages on WhatsApp that high winds were heading in their direction that afternoon. Sestini will be questioned within 90 days, according to the report.
    The accident took place in Ilhabela, a picturesque archipelago along the S„o Paulo coast.

Bittencourt, a former TV host, is survived by a 17-year-old daughter.

fgg

dang, that took a turn.
    czb, crayzeehappee and deenz like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Another day another man kills his woman.
    Angeli and BITTER like this.

I wouldn't put him in the category of Drew or Scott Petterson, though.
    NickiDrea and tiggle like this.

Elite Member

I guess the dogs didn't make it, either. I wonder what the husband stands to inherit as a result of her death. It's really sad for her daughter.

"It's always the husband, it's always the husband." - Lt. Provenza

What a shame. How horrible.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Holy shit this story is crazy.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Wow. He threw her off the boat?
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Wow. He threw her off the boat?
    They are saying that he was negligent for taking her out on the boat in the first place given the weather report.

I guess she has no responsibility for putting on her own life jacket even though she was an adult herself.

I donít know how I feel about these charges.
    czb likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

czb

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    They are saying that he was negligent for taking her out on the boat in the first place given the weather report.

I guess she has no responsibility for putting on her own life jacket even though she was an adult herself.

I don’t know how I feel about these charges.
    that's what i was thinking. but if he was the captain (and i don't see that it says he was), he might've been responsible.

Thread Information