Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Model Stefanie Sherk, wife of actor Demian Bichir, dead at 37

fgg

Default Model Stefanie Sherk, wife of actor Demian Bichir, dead at 37

Stefanie Sherk, the model wife of actor Demian Bichir, has died at the age of 37.

The Oscar nominee confirmed her death Wednesday on Instagram with a heartfelt message, writing that she died “peacefully” on April 20.

“It has been the saddest and toughest time of our lives and we don’t know how much time it will take for us to overcome this pain,” Bichir, 55, wrote beneath a photo of the model. “It is our sincerest hope that our beautiful Stefanie, my angel and love of my life, will rest in eternal peace.”

The Canadian model’s cause of death wasn’t revealed.

Sherk and Bichir, who started dating in 2010, shared a daughter named Gala.

On top of her modeling career, Sherk appeared in her Mexican husband’s film “Un Cuento de Circo & A Love Song,” and recently filmed the horror flick “Grudge.”

“Stefanie’s beautiful, angelical and talented presence will be immensely missed,” Bichir wrote. “We will hold Stefanie in our hearts forever.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/25/model...ir-dead-at-37/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Too young. RIP.
    fgg and bootspaige like this.

Just terrible...such heartfelt words from her husband! so young.

I was looking up information on her, and she had stopped posting on her Twitter account sometime last year around June or July. She and Demian (who is Mexican) were both dedicated to the cause of immigrant children who were stuck in detention centers because of the current Admin policy.

The fact that she died peacefully at home sounds like she was in some kind of hospice situation and was suffering from a terminal illness.

I've only seen a couple of things Demian's been in "Hateful 8" (he was hilarious) and "Alien Covenant". Very versatile actor.

fgg

^hmmm...doesn't sound anything like the other announcement.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Daphodil like this.

I have never heard of someone committing suicide by weighing themselves down in a swimming pool before. And it certainly doesn't sound peaceful.

fgg

i just looked at instagram and her grandmother and dog both died in december.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I have never heard of someone committing suicide by weighing themselves down in a swimming pool before. And it certainly doesn't sound peaceful.
    I've read of people filling their pockets with rocks and drowning themselves. You would think the survival instinct would kick in and the person would stop at the last minute, but apparently many don't. Anyway, poor lady, too young and an awful way to go.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

fgg

Oscar nominee mourns death of model wife, 37: 'The saddest and toughest time of our lives'

Demian Bichir, who received a Best Actor nomination for 2011’s A Better Life, shared the news Wednesday that his wife, Canadian model and actress Stefanie Sherk, has died.

Bichir, 55, wrote that it was with “inconceivable pain” that he made the announcement that his “beloved and loving wife passed away peacefully” on Saturday. In his Instagram post, he called 37-year-old Sherk, whom he married in 2011, a “beautiful, angelical and talented presence” that will be “immensely missed.”

He did not specify the cause of death, but The Blast reports it’s being investigated as a possible suicide. Law enforcement sources told the website that Bichir found Sherk at the bottom of the pool at their Sherman Oaks, Calif., home on April 12 when he returned from the grocery store. She apparently weighed herself down to keep her body at the bottom of the pool, an investigator said.

Sherk was hospitalized for eight days before passing away.

In his post, Bichir asked for “peace and privacy in these incredibly difficult times.” He called it the “saddest and toughest time of our lives.”

The actor’s friends posted messages of support, including actress Diane Kruger, who wrote, “Oh Demian, I’m so sorry I had no idea. I’m sending you so much love in this difficult time.”

Bichir’s first wife, Mexican actress and singer Lisset, also commented. Loosely translated it said that she was sending him love from afar: “I love you with my soul. I'm so sorry.”

Bichir, who was in the hit Showtime series Weeds alongside Mary-Louise Parker, and Sherk started dating in 2010. A Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, native, she appeared in his 2016 directorial debut Un cuento de circo & a Love Song as well as the films Star Power, Valentine's Day and Loco Love. She also appeared in various TV shows including CSI: Cyber, #Hashtag: The Series and Telenovela.

The pair didn’t share any children, but he has a daughter, Gala, who was born in 2011.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...132056199.html

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

Canadian model Stefanie Sherk was reportedly found weighed down at the bottom of a swimming pool by her actor husband Demian Bichir at the home they shared as her death is being probed as a possible suicide.
    Sherk tragically passed away at the age of 43 on Saturday after police were called to the family’s Sherman Oaks home on April 12, The Blast reports.
    Law enforcement told the website Sherk was found by her husband after he returned from grocery shopping.
    The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner is now set to carry out an autopsy on Thursday.
    An LAPD spokesman confirmed to DailyMail.com that police were called to an address in Sherman Oaks at 7:28pm on April 12 to reports of a possible drowning and a death investigation is now underway.
    Bichir, 55, revealed the heartbreaking news in an Instgram post on Wednesday, paying tribute to his 'beautiful, angelic and talented' wife.
    Not specifying a cause of death, he announced with 'inconceivable pain' that Stefanie had died 'peacefully' on April 20.
    Bichir wrote: 'Dear friends, On behalf of the Sherk and the Bichir Nájera families, it is with inconceivable pain that I announce that on April 20, 2019, our dearest Stefanie Sherk, my beloved and loving wife, passed away peacefully.'

+14

Canadian model and actress Stefanie Sherk has tragically passed away at the age of 37

Sharing a snap of Stefanie, the Mexican actor continued: 'It has been the saddest and toughest time of our lives and we don’t know how much time it will take for us to overcome this pain.
    'Stefanie’s beautiful, angelical and talented presence will be immensely missed. We will hold Stefanie in our hearts forever.
    'We thank everybody beforehand for their prayers and we respectfully ask for your understanding so we may grieve in peace and privacy in these incredibly difficult times.
    'It is our sincerest hope that our beautiful Stefanie, my angel and love of my life, will rest in eternal peace,' he concluded.
    Demian went on to repeat the message in Spanish where he also asked for respect during the difficult time of mourning.

+14

Stefanie's husband Demian Bichir announced that she had passed away in an emotional Instagram post on Wednesday and did not specify the cause of her death

+14

Sharing a snap of Stefanie, the Mexican actor continued: 'It has been the saddest time of our lives and we don’t know how much time it will take for us to overcome this pain'

Stars including Diane Kruger, Richard E.Grant and Arielle Kebbel led the celebrity tributes.
    Diane wrote: 'Oh Demian, I’m so sorry I had no idea. I’m sending you so much love in this difficult time ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️' while Richard commented with a series of broken-hearted emojis.
    Arielle wrote: 'Sending so much love to you and your family. I will continue to pray for you all during this difficult time. ❤️'
    Actor Bryan Craig penned: 'This will be in my prayers Demian, I’m so sorry.'
    Grand Hotel actress Justina Adorno wrote: 'I’m so sorry, you’re in my thoughts and I’m sending all the love to you and your families.'

+14

+14

'My angel and love of my life': Demian, who repeated the message in Spanish, also asked for respect during the difficult time of mourning

+14

Talented: The actress was born in Niagara-On-The-Lake, Canada and she starred in Demian's directorial debut Un Cuento de Circo & A Love Song

Yvette Monreal wrote: 'Demian I am soo sorry, my prayers are with you Rest in Pease to your beloved wife.'
    Stefanie and Demian began dating in 2011 and do not have any children. Bichir has a daughter, Gala, born in 2011, from a previous relationship.
    It is unclear when the pair tied the knot, but when Demian was quizzed on wanting to marry Stefanie in 2014, he replied: 'It’s really hard to actually know if something is forever. I never plan that. You love who you love every day and you expect that to last forever.
    'But you also have to be truthful when things are not right. And that’s when instead of having 14 kids everywhere and 18 marriages you need to be smart and truthful and fair to the people you love. If you’re lucky enough to go to the next level, then that’s beautiful too.'
    Speaking directly about Stefanie to the Miami Herald, he gushed: 'This is the best girl I’ve ever met. She’s not only a fantastic artist - I respect that a lot - but she’s a beautiful, beautiful human being and so smart. And all that together makes her beautiful. She’s a beautiful, amazing human being.'

Virginia Woolf killed herself in a similar manner, but in a river instead of a pool
    Waterslide likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Such a horrible way imo. *shudders*
    czb likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yeah, I think it's impossible to die "peacefully" from drowning, suicide or not. How sad.
    Mrs P likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

That's terrible! I can't imagine wanting to go like that. But since they stated she died in the hospital, the "died peacefully" makes a bit more sense.
    travellinjones and sprynkles like this.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information